Chapter One: Oh, My Lanta

Ugh. Burgundy I hate that color, it looks even more horrid painted on a house. Plus the awning was a dark green color. God it was like Christmas of seventy-eight threw up on this house. The inside looked better than this. I never even wanted to move but nope my mother got dumped again, so here I am. Yay. I hope you caught on to the sarcasm.

"Britton please get into the house, you're gonna catch a cold." My older sister yelled outside of the door. Oh my god. I rolled my eyes and stood up from the steps. I turned around and walked into the dry house. I don't know what her problem is the rain is awesome and it smells fantastic, plus it smelled way better than this rat hole I have to call home.

Once I walked in, I kicked my vans off and sat on the kitchen counter as she cut vegetables for dinner. Leave it up to Brooklyn Morris to act like the doting house wife. House wife my ass, she didn't start acting like this until she met Russell. I mean what kinda name is Russell, like what the hell were your parents on?

"Why do you choose to sit outside like your some pathetic depressed loser?" She asked me.

"Sitting outside in the rain doesn't mean you're depressed, it means you're crazy. Secondly, I just like the rain." I shrugged as stared at roach crawling on the floor. Oh god this place is horrible.

"Whatever, is your stuff ready for school?" She asked me.

"Yep, I got a backpack with one notebook and a pencil inside." I said a fake happy attitude.

"What are you wearing?" She asked me.

"I don't know maybe clothes." I smirked, still watching the roach. "Probably a sweater, jeans, shoes."

"You're wearing that now." She huffed looking down at my outfit. "That's all you wear, by the way."

"What's it to you?" I asked taking a cup from the cabinet and poured juice into it.

"I'm just saying it would be nice to see you in a dress for once, maybe do your hair and makeup." She said as she continued cutting the vegetables.

"Why, I'm only going to school, and back?" I said jumping down from the counter. I drank the rest of the gross punch and threw it in the sink. "I'm going to my room please don't need me."

"Hey Brit." Russell smiled walking down the stairs.

"Bye Russ." I said as I continued up the stairs, not giving a rat ass about him.

I finally came to my door and opened it looking at my messy, still unpacked room. I kicked an empty box out of the way and walked over to my bed and laid down. I was close to closing my eyes, but I heard commotion outside so of course I had to go and sneak a peek. I sat up and looked out of the window, and saw a silver Lexus pull up to the house and Russell getting into the car. Oh nothing good. I laid back down, just as I heard my phone go off. I picked it up and saw a text from my friend, winter, from back home.

We miss you. It said with a selfie she took with her puppy Dior.

Miss you too bae

New School here I come...

"Brit. Get up, the bus gets here in ten minutes." Russell yelled as he knocked on my door continuously. I stood up from my bed and yanked my door open.

"Stop yelling at me." I shouted over his voice.

"Oh you're awake." He said dumbfounded.

"Oh you're awake." I mocked. "I've been up for the last hour. Now if you excuse me I have ten minutes to make me some bacon and toast." I smiled as put my backpack on.