Chapter 7- Meeting The Guys part 1

CHAPTER 7- Meeting The Guys part 1

Standing in the cool night air on the front steps of Cole Sullivan’s estate, I stared in bewilderment at him as the very happy smile he was giving me quickly turned into an amused smirk; his last few words running on repeat in my head ‘Now lets go in and meet the rest of the guys’.

My nervousness and fear of the unknown quickly began to resurface as I tried to figure out what he meant by those words. Who were these other guys and why did I have to meet them? What was going to happen to me after I met them? And most importantly could they be vampires just like Cole Sullivan? My palms became slick with sweat as I stood there in behind Cole Sullivan, my legs shaking nervously as my mind started to create all types of horrid images and theories on what my fate would be by the end of this night. 

My racing thoughts were interrupted when I heard Cole Sullivan’s keys jingle before the front door to his large estate was pushed open by him. The light from inside the enormous mansion poured out into the dark night, the glow from the light reflecting off Cole Sullivan’s perfect face as he gestured for me to enter.

Not budging an inch, I stood there frozen in place; too scared and nervous to move. I didn’t want to go inside his house, I didn’t care how beautiful and inviting it seemed, I was afraid and I had an uneasy feeling that once I stepped over the threshold of the front door I would never leave again. 

Cole Sullivan saw my hesitation to enter into his home and smoothly twisted all the way around to face me; his deep dark eyes boring down at me, his hands lazily resting in his pants pockets, “Am I going to have to drag you inside Ms. Amelia?” he asked me making a shiver go down my back, his voice came off calm and smooth, still getting the reaction out of me that it always seemed to get, but I could hear the threatening undertone laced underneath. 

I took a small step backwards as his words reached me, I could tell he wouldn’t have any problem dragging me inside his house and that made my reluctance to go inside even greater. Cole Sullivan saw me take a step back and slowly countered my small movement with one of his own, taking a large step towards me.

“What other guys am I supposed to meet, what do they want with me? I thought I was supposed to be working just for you?” I asked in a shaky voice as I took another step backwards when I saw Cole Sullivan had taken another large step forward.

Cole Sullivan stopped his slow pursuit towards me then, and suddenly his amused smirk turned into an excited and happy smile again brightening up his face instantly. I narrowed my eyes at the beautiful man before me wondering why my pervious question would make him so happy. This was not the first time I saw him with the same exact smile itched into his features and it had me curious to know what was creating it.

Before my mind could figure out an answer to my internal questions, the air around me blew pass quickly making my wild hair fly every which way and the next thing I know I’m inside Cole Sullivan’s house standing in the middle of the huge foyer as I heard the sound of a door locking behind me. 

I sucked in a quick breath of surprise when I finally realized what had just happened and twisted around instantly to face a satisfied looking Cole Sullivan. My eyes were still wide in shock as I looked towards his tall figure. He was standing by the door; hands still lazily placed inside his pants pockets as his dark eyes stared calmly into mine.