Chapter 12- Their Candidate part 1

I hope you guys like this chapter. I hope its not boring for you guys and I hope you keep following the story. Thanks and ENJOY 

WHINES8

********************************************************************************************

Chapter 12- Their Candidate part 1

For the second time since I’ve stepped foot in the presence of the three sinfully handsome, and also intimidating vampires, I was stuck in a stunned daze. Sitting in my seat at the end of the long dining room table facing the three men, I watched all three of them give a grin, smirk or smile as they seemed to be having some kind of conversation with one another. I sadly couldn’t tell, seeing as the wheels in my head were turning vigorously as I kept replaying Cole’s previous words in my mind over and over again. 

I silently stared at the Sullivan brothers, my eyes watching their lips move in what seemed like slow motion as they continued to talk, but I couldn’t hear a word. The only sound making it to my ears was that of my rapidly beating heart that was thumping furiously beneath my chest.

‘When you start to fall for one of us...or all of us, just remember you can only choose one of us.’

Cole’s words were taunting me like some horrible nightmare and the more I thought about his extremely confident words, the more nervous and on edge I became. The fear I felt towards each of them only moments earlier had intensified ten fold, but what bothered me was that now, as Cole’s words engraved their way through my mind, I realized that I was no longer that fearful of the men that sat before me, instead I was now more afraid that Cole’s words would become reality. 

I now feared that Cole’s words had truth to them and I had no idea why I felt that way. It wasn’t as if I seen myself liking either of them, let alone calling myself falling for either of them. So I couldn’t understand why I was suddenly afraid that what Cole had stated could actually happen. The Sullivan’s were vampires, creatures that I never thought existed before a few hours ago.

I couldn’t wrap my head around the fact that I was actually in the same room with three vampires let alone see myself actually wanting to be with one of them... intimately. And I definitely didn’t see myself falling for all three of them either. All these reason, including the obvious one being that they could over power me and take what they wanted including the blood that ran through me, were why I couldn’t understand why I actually was worried about Cole’s statement. 

I could never willing want a man like Cole or his brothers, they were monsters; worse even, they were vampires. Vampires who skillfully manipulated a desperate girl into signing over her freedom for a year just so they could have someone to spend time with. It was ridiculous and crazy and-

“A penny for your thoughts, Doll,” I jumped as I felt Cole’s surprising presence next to me as he whispered deep and low into my ear. I shot a glance towards him as I coward away from him in my seat, I hadn’t even notice him move from his spot at the front of the table. 

I sucked in a quick breath as I became aware of his close proximity, I could smell his alluring scent as it invaded my nose. He gave a cocky smirk when he noticed he’d got my attention as he leaned a little closer, “Is there something on your mind, something bothering you, Doll?” he asked his cool breath blowing softly over my face as he did so.