Chapter 18- First Morning

Hope you guys like this chapter I might go back and re write a few things I dont know yet. but any way please VOTE AND COMMENT. I love comments they make me want to write more. 

Enjoy Whines8

**********************************************************************************************************

Chapter 18- First Morning

I was awaken by the soft light fluttering through the sheer curtains of the tall bedroom windows. Peeking my eyes open, I squinted from the glow momentarily confused as to where I was. Shifting on the bed and pushing myself up against the wooded headboard, I took a quick look around. My eyes first fell on the nightstand next to the side of the bed and the nicely half wrapped box that lay atop it. The art supplies that sat inside the box made my fingers itch to draw. Jayden, his name came to me as soon as my eyes fell on the gift he had given to me last night.

Next my foggy eyes caught the glint of a small necklace twinkling as it hung on a glass candle holder near the sitting nook by the balcony doors, its pendant reflecting off of the tiny sun rays that were seeping through the curtains. Kendall, my mind registered the gift that he had given me immediately.

Then, like a magnet, my eyes, which seemed to be finally waking up fully, locked on to the neatly placed square box and envelop perched on the small coffee table in the center of the sitting nook. Instantly my left hand went to my wrist where the taunting bracelet with the key to the square box dangling from it. 

Looking down at my bracelet covered wrist, it seemed my mind began to clear and all the things that happened within the last twenty-four to forty-eight hours came streaming back full force. Me being evicted from my crappy apartment, me losing my just as crappy job. Looking for a new job without any luck. Meeting Cole in the walking park and then signing over my life for a year. But most importantly me meeting all three Sullivan brothers together, finding out they were vampires and the moments I’ve already had with each of them was at the forefront of my mind. 

For a minute I wished everything that had happened was just some crazy nightmare that I had just woken up from, but unfortunately it wasn’t, I was in fact stuck here for a while. Giving a deep sigh, I pushed the comfortable blankets away from me and swung my legs over the edge of the bed. 

Closing my eyes for a minute, I took a moment to try and shed some much needed light on my current situation. For one, it didn’t seem like I was in any real danger when it came to the brothers or at least two out of the three of them. For two, I’m getting compensated for my time here when all this is over and three which is my only reasons for being here in the first place is I’m not out on the street, I have a place to lay my head. And I’m not totally alone.

At that particular moment, a knock sounds through the wood of my door before Marla opens it and walks in with a soft smile, “Good morning Ms. Amelia. I see you are up. I hope you slept good?” she asked as she came to a stop a few feet away from me. 

I gave a tired smile, “Not so much. I had a little trouble sleeping last night, I guess you could say I have a lot on my mind. But I managed to get a few hours in thankfully,” I explained to her purposely leaving out my little encounter with Kendall in the kitchen last night.

Marla gave a knowing nod, “As can be expected with your situation dear. Well if you’d like when the Sullivan’s leave you can come rest a little longer if you need too. Speaking of I was asked to come fetch you for a quick breakfast with them right now, they are about to leave in a few minutes and would like to see you before they take off,” Marla says as she walks the rest of the distance towards me.