Chapter 5- Things Are Not As They Seem part 1

CHAPTER 5- Things are not as they seem part 1

"Excuse me?" I said, rushing after Cole as he began to walk out of the restaurant into the now darkened evening.

My eyes were wide as saucers when I finally managed to catch up with him. He was standing next to the valet area waiting for his car to be brought around. Stepping up to his side I gave him an accusing look, which he seemed to pay no mind to, "Hey! You never said anything about me living with you. What type of personal assistant lives with their boss? I didn't sign up for this," I whispered yelled towards him, trying not to draw too much attention towards myself. 

It didn't seem like he was phased by my comment for all he did was keep his gaze forward as he smoothly slid his hands into his pants pockets shaking his head with a small grin on his lips. Not understanding what was so amusing, my frustration with him grew as I poked him in his broad shoulder to get his attention, "I'm glad you think I'm amusing," I said as I crossed my arms under my chest, "You can't make me live with you, when your stupid expensive car gets here I'm getting my bags and leaving," I told him defiantly. This was not cool, I was not going to live with my boss who was a guy at that, a very good-looking guy but still it would never work. I don't do well living with others, I never have.

For some reason what I just said must have registered with him as suddenly he had turned around to face me a smug grin slipping onto his face, "Actually Miss Amelia, you won't be going anywhere except for inside my car when it gets here," he said calmly but I could still hear the demanding undertone in his voice making me stare at him in shock.

I couldn't say anything I was so shocked at how he had just spoken to me. His whole personality seemed to have instantly changed from sweet and kind to demanding and cocky. I had no idea what the heck had just happened.

Finally composing myself I looked at him with confusion, speechless as I tried to figure out what was going on. Cole must have seen the confusion written all over my face for he gave a humorless chuckle as he stepped closer towards me, "You look confused Amelia, how about I clear a few things up for you then. You signed a contract agreeing to be my personal assistant, am I correct?" he asked and I gave a shake of the head as I quickly interrupted him.

"Yes I did and I read the job summary and nowhere in it did it say anything about me having to do exactly what you say when it's not related to the job or did it say anything about me living with you," I told him confidently.

Cole gave another shake of his head again before bending down to be level with my ear making me stiffen from his proximity, "Well, I'm sorry to disappoint you doll, but I think you misread the job summary a bit," he said before giving a low deep chuckle again before righting himself, "What are you talking about?" I asked even more confused then before and slightly nervous as I waited for his response.

Cole didn't respond right away as the valet pulled up with his sleek black Mercedes and returned his keys. As soon as his keys were in his hand though, he turned back to me to answer my previous question, "The contract stated that you should expect to do many tasks and duties, but it also said the duties May include all things a regular personal assistant would be required to do, it didn't say that those duties are what you were actually hired for," he explained smugly before turning and walking towards the valet to tip him.

I stood there frozen in place thinking about what he had just said, "What...?" I said softly to myself as I thought about the contract and the job description again. I went over the job summary in my head over and over again trying to understand.

'Employee holding title of personal assistant should expect to have multiple duties and/or tasks. This may include daily errands, managing personal appointments and schedules, screening calls, dealing with travel arrangements, handling personal meetings and events. Any duties that are requested by employer are always mandatory and top priority unless employer says otherwise' All business related duties would be overseen and taken care of by main office secretary.'

"Oh my God," I said to myself as I realized what that job summary really said. I didn't see it before, but as I thought about it now I couldn't believe I missed it before. It was staring me right in the face the entire time and I read right past, "Any duties that are requested by employer are always mandatory and top priority unless employer says otherwise" I said quietly to myself as I stood there in a stunned daze. 

I heard his footsteps come closer towards me as I stood there facing forward not really staring at anything in particular as I realized the mess I had just put myself in, "I'm guessing you finally figured it out?" he asked but it was more of a statement then a question. I slowly turned my gaze towards him as he continued to speak, "Anything I request is mandatory for you to do," he whispered as he leaned down towards my ear.

I began to shake my head furiously at him as his words finally sank in, "No, I change my mind I want out of the contract," I demanded as I rushed over and opened his car door to try and grab my bags to leave.

Cole Sullivan tugged me by the arm to stop me before glancing around to make sure no one was watching, "I don't think so, your contract is unbreakable for a year, if you try to break it there will be consequences; ones you won't like," he said menacingly before pushing me into the car smoothly so it looked like he was helping me in instead of forcing me in.

I heard him give a calm 'thank you' towards the valet guy before stepping into his car. Not liking how this was going I scramble over towards my bags and went to try and open the other backseat door only to hear the locks go down before he sped off down the city street. 

I sat up quickly then breathing heavy as I tried to wrap my head around what was happening. I was terrified inside as I tried to think of a way out of this. I didn't care what the contract said he couldn't make me stay with him. This can't be legal; I knew that was for sure. If only I could get out to call the police or someone, I thought to myself in a panic. I needed to get out of this situation.

Looking out onto the streets I noticed a pay phone as we flew passed, thinking quickly I did the first thing that came to my mind and went for the door on my left and tried to pull it up manually, but just as I had managed to get it all the way up the car jerked to a stop and quicker than I had ever thought possible Cole was behind me in the backseat. 

Twisting around in surprise, I went to yell only to suck in a quick breath as I stared in horror at what was in front of me, "Oh my God," I blew out in a shaky voice as what I was seeing sank in. 

There, Cole was, leaning over me with that same smug smirk pulling at his lips only now there were also two sharp fangs protruding out of his mouth...

 TO BE CONTINUED...