Chapter 49 - Everything Is Changing

Hey everyone, It's been awhile, but a lot of things have happened in the last few weeks, but I really don't want to go into any of that at the moment. Anyway, I hope you guys like this chapter.

Sorry for any errors I didn't catch.

Whitney (Whines8)

Please don't forget to comment and vote and tell a friend about my story.

**************************************************************

Chapter 49 - Everything Is Changing Part 1

Moments later we were standing by the door that led to the bottom level of the house. As Jayden opened it, he moved aside and motioned for me to pass. The first thing I saw were the wooden steps that were being illuminated by a wide pendant light hanging from the ceiling above.

"Just stop once you get to the bottom and I'll lead the way from there," Jayden said from behind me while he shut the door.

Giving a nod, I did as he said, making my way down the stairs and stopping once my feet landed on the dark wooden floors of the lower level. Looking around I was surprised at how large the lower level was. From what I could tell, there was more than just Jayden's studio down here.

Right in front of me was a large space with lounge furniture, a huge wall mount TV that sat in between to large sliding doors that led to the patio outside, a few end tables and a wide ottoman in the center of it all. Off to one side of the large space was a built in bar that was surrounded by black stools and was furnished with wall cabinets, granite counter tops and a small fridge. Behind the seating area was a pool table and I even noticed a few instruments tucked in a corner. I instantly wondered whom those belonged to. Everything down here seemed so much more laid back. Compared to the upstairs levels, this area was the complete opposite; it looked more 'lived in'.

Shooting off from both side of me were two wide hallways which were both being lit by nicely placed spot lights that went all the way to the ends of said halls. There were a few large portraits resting on the walls of the halls and as I looked a little harder, I noticed that some of the faces on the portraits were very familiar. Every single one of them looked amazing and I just knew they all were the work of Jayden.

"You like them?" Jayden asked as he came to stand beside me.

Twisting to look over at him I couldn't help but smile as I nodded my head, "Yeah, your work is... breathtaking," I couldn't think of a better fitting word for his work and even though it was true, I still slightly blushed at my one word description.

Giving me a smile as well, Jayden pointed to the portraits, pulling my attention back to the walls in both directions, "I've done a portrait for every person I've ever cared about and I've placed them on these walls. Hopefully one day... your portrait will be among these as well."

Looking back at Jayden, I shook my head at what he'd just said; "You've already sketched a portrait for me."

Jayden's smile stretched a little wider at my response before tilting his head to the side, "I mean a real portrait, Love, one that would be created with immense detail and perfection."

My smile faltered a little at his words, they were very sweet, but at the same time they took me by surprise. He wanted to paint me; put me up on a wall next to all the people he cares about... I didn't know what to say to that and I silently hoped he didn't expect me to.

When it was obvious that I wasn't going to speak, Jayden shook his head, smile still in place and gestured towards the right hall, "My studio is this way," he said as he placed his large hand on the small of my back and led me down the hallway.