Chapter 36- Week 3 part 5

Hey guys hope you enjoy. Whines8

DONT FORGET TO COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW  (sorry for mistakes :-))

***********************************************************************************************

Chapter 36- Week 3 part 5 

The first thing I noticed once I got to the doors of The Den, were the bulky doormen standing on either side of the doors. They were the same two men from the first time I was brought here. Coming to a stop in front of the two men I remembered vaguely that one of them goes by Luke. I couldn’t remember which of the two it was but I was going to give it a shot since it was probably the only way I was every going to get inside.

Forcing a smile on my lips, I glanced from one man to the other silently hoping one of them remembers me from the other night and lets me by without any questions, but I was ready to spin a convincing lie if needed. I had to get inside one way or another.

“Hi, Luke” I said, my smile stretching wider as I greet the two giant men before me. Turning my attention more towards the man to my left, I hoped it was him who went by Luke and not the other. They both give a nod before surprising me by opening the doors for me without even asking for a name or to see a form of ID.

Not wanting to give them any chance to come to their senses and start asking questions, I gave a quick thanks to the both of them before rushing inside the spacious lobby.

It was still as I remembered it from before, with its marble floor, elegant chandelier, and copper metal ceiling. The oversized reception desk still perched in the center of the, otherwise, vacant area, between the two golden elevator entrances and surprisingly the same receptionist that worked the first night I was brought here.

Trying to make my disheveled self look presentable, I stepped up to the reception desk, clearing my throat to get the young woman’s attention. She looks up from what she is doing and once she gets a good look at me she stares at me weirdly for a moment before actually speaking.

“You’re the girl that came with the Sullivan brothers the other night,” the blond woman states to which I nod in answer to.

“Yeah, that was me. Hey do you know if Carmela is in tonight? I really need to talk to her,” I asked quickly, not trying to get into any small talk but it seemed the blond receptionist had other plans, as she seemed to ignore my question and continue with a totally different conversation of her own.

“You know their royalty in our world, not those weak, ordinary rich guy humans with trust funds who have never done anything more than golf on weekends and cheat on their lonely pathetic housewives with their secretaries. Their important figures in our world, their family is highly respected…. And looking at you, I just can’t understand why they have you tagging along with them,” She says either not knowing how rude she’s being or just plain not caring. I was sure it was the ladder.

Not in the mood for any cattiness tonight, especially after the night I’ve had, I go to retort only to be cut off as she speaks up again, “Don’t look so offended, it’s not just me who thinks that, everyone’s been talking about you since the other night. But no worries, for the most part everyone thinks your some kind of pathetic human pet; I mean it wouldn’t be the first time they’ve had one.”