Chapter 16- Another Restless Night part 1

A/N: HEY ALL YOU LOVELY PEOPLE I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS CHAPTER, I AM SAYING SORRY AHEAD OF TIME FOR THE CLIFFHANGER AT THE END. 

ENJOY. WHINES8

*******************************************************************************************

Chapter 16- A Restless Night

Lonely.

A feeling I have grown so accustom too in my life that I thought I was immune to the feeling. I always knew I was lonely and knew that I would most likely always be alone and for some odd reason I was fine with that fact. But even so, there has always been a piece of me that’s been scared of that reality even though I knew it was true. And now as I sit in the center of my bed, staring out the giant sheer curtain clad windows into the night sky, I feel more alone than ever. 

I’ve been up silently staring off into space for some time now and what consumed and taunted my mind were Marla’s words to me. Every time I gaze down at the gift Jayden gave to me or rub my fingers across the gift Kendall gave, Marla’s words become more believable. 

Cole still was an absolute mystery to me, but Kendall and Jayden have already proven to be more than just vampires. They were sweet and funny and even though I was still nervous around all of them, I wasn’t as frightened by them as I was when I first arrived.

Nevertheless, I still was incredibly restless. Restless because I couldn’t make my mind stop thinking about Marla’s words and most of all I couldn’t stop my eyes from sliding over to Cole’s gifts that sat across the room from me. 

Since the moment Marla left me to myself hours ago, I have stared over at that box and envelop more times than I’d want to admit and it didn’t help me to know that the key to ending my obvious curiosity was dangling from my wrist.

I wanted to know what was in that box and envelop so bad and the more I stared the harder it was becoming for me to keep my distance from said gifts. I’ve asked myself a million times in the past hour why Cole would give me something I couldn’t even open and every time my answer would be the same... He purposely wanted to torture me. 

For all I knew the box and envelop could be empty, his gifts could just be part of some kind of cruel game he was playing and I was just his entertainment for the next year. The thought of that possibility being true had me grunting in frustration.

Looking over at the clock, I gave another sound of frustration when I saw the time to be around three in the morning. Shaking my head, I decided to give up on sleep for the night and climbed out of the bed. I needed to get out of this room and away from Cole’s gifts and I had every intention of doing just that.

I had changed out of the dress I was wearing a little while earlier and was now in the only pajamas I owned which consisted of a pair of night shorts and an oversized tee shirt. Not really considering my attire all that much, I tip toed towards my door and twisted the knob; silently preying for it to be unlocked.

When a light click sounded through the quiet of the room, I gave a sigh of relief as the knob twisted all the way around and the door cracked open. Sticking my head through the small opening of the door, I looked from left to right to make sure the hall was clear before carefully opening the door the rest of the way and stepping out into the dimly lit hallway.

As soon as my bare feet hit the thick carpeted floor, I quickly shut my door and began walking down the long hallway and towards the stairs. When I finally reached the top of the staircase, I stopped to figure out where I was going next. Deciding to head to the kitchen, I began to slowly descend the stairs. I knew I had no idea where the kitchen was, but I knew if I kept walking I’d find it eventually and besides it couldn’t be that hard to find, I thought to myself as I stepped off the last stair.

Taking a look around, it was clear I was in the foyer of the large house. Immediate my eyes fell on the front door of the estate through the dim light. There it was, the door to my freedom was only a few feet away. I found myself taking a step in its direction without even realizing it but reluctantly stopped instantly as Cole’s warning shot through my mind. Giving a defeated sigh, I took a step back. I really didn’t know what the consequences would be if I tried to escape, but what I did know is that I didn’t want to find out. Because even though I was beginning to warm up slightly to Jayden and Kendall, my feelings towards Cole have not changed in the least, I was still insanely uncomfortable and nervous around him and his unpredictable and mysterious personality led me to believe he would have no problem carrying out any consequences if I tried to run. Actually I’m almost certain he would probably enjoy it.

Besides, even if I did escape and succeed, where would I go?... I had nowhere to go. I’m better off here with three vampires and that fact in itself was evidence of my horrible reality. 

Wrapping my arms around my torso, I gave one more longing glance towards the front door before turning and walking in the opposite direction and continue my search for the kitchen.

Thinking I would start where I know first, I made my way to the dining hall. It was just as dimly lit as the rest of the house which gave the quiet hall an eerie feeling, it almost felt like someone was watching me, but I dismissed that thought and kept onwards. Once I came to the dining room entrance, I stopped for a moment to look inside the empty room. Seeing nothing, not even any evidence that this room had been occupied only hours before, I continued walking further down the hall.

Seconds later, I finally notice a light filtering into the hall from an entrance opening on the left side. Thinking I had finally found the kitchen, I picked up my pace and hurried towards the lighted area. Peeking my head into the opening, I was relieved to find that I had in fact finally found the kitchen, a very huge kitchen.

Stepping inside, my eyes grew huge as I took a look around. The kitchen was a chef’s heaven with its stainless steel appliances and countertops. The dark expresso cabinets and hardwood floors gave the kitchen a warm touch to the otherwise cold modernized area.

I was more amazed at the size of the kitchen than anything, probably because it was four times the size of any kitchen I’ve ever had. 

Done observing, I made my way over to the wide breakfast island that was centered in the middle of the kitchen. Walking around the island I found a small beverage fridge that was thankfully stocked and bent down to open the small door and grab me a drink. 

Searching through the inventory of beverages, I found myself a bottle of water before closing the small fridge door and righting myself. As I turned to walk back around the island to take a seat at one of the stools, a deep voice echoed through the quiet kitchen.

“And here I thought you would go for the front door as soon as you saw it. Your just full of surprises aren’t you?”

As soon as I heard their voice I jumped in surprise and twisted to face them...

TO BE CONTINUED...

**********************************************************************************************

WHO DO YOU THINK IT IS...? LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS DOWN BELOW.