Broken

Dylan Hayes-

"She is awake and can finally have visitors".
That is the first thing I hear the next morning when Taveon calls me.
"Okay. I'll be right over. See you in a bit".
Then I hang up and hurry to get ready.
"Baby? What are you doing? Are you going somewhere?" Courtney stirs from her sleep and asks.
"Don't worry baby. Go back to sleep. I'm just going to the hospital. I'll be back later and take you out for lunch".
She just says okay and rolls over to go back to sleep.
I hurry off to the hospital and get there in record time.
"Where is she?" I ask as soon as I walk up to Taveon.
"Jay is in there with her right now. Once she gets out she'll walk you back to her".
I just nod and start to pace in front of Taveon.
I need to see her to make sure she is okay. As soon as I heard she was in the hospital it was like my heart stopped.
I guess over the amount of time we have been spending time together and getting to know each other I have stopped thinking about her as a freak and as someone I kind of care about.
"Hey. Are you ready to go see her?" Jaydon asks me sweetly.
I nod and start to follow her back.
"Here she is. Just remember to talk quietly and don't stress her out".
"Okay" is all I say as I walk into the room.
As soon as I see her my heart start pumping again but it drops. My heart breaks at the look of her in this hospital bed.
She has what looks like a broken nose. Her one blue eye is completely swollen shut. Her left arm looks like it might be broken or fractured. So does her right leg. Her head is all wrapped up in bloodied towels and medical tap.
"Hey" I say so softly I can barely hear it.
She looks up at me with her green eye and tries to smile.
I feel a tear slip down my cheek.
I can't believe this. She doesn't deserve this pain.
"Do you remember anything that happened?"
"Someone... ran a... red light... hit me... badly". She says through a lot of pain.
I just want to hug her so hard it puts all the broken pieces back together.
"I am so sorry. You don't deserve this. I wish there was a way I could help".
"Thank... you" she smiles as best as she can to me.
"Do you need something? I can go get the nurse. You look like you could use another pillow. I'll go get you one". I walk out to go find the nurse before she has a chance to say anything.
I run into Jaydon in my rush to find a nurse.
"Hey".
"What's the damage? What's all wrong with her?"
She goes on to tell me exactly what I thought was wrong plus four broken ribs.
"The police think that the guy did this on purpose. Apparently they watched the tape of the running the red light and the crash and it looked like the guy was waiting for her to pass before he went. Then he gunned it and hit her so bad that her car started to roll. When the ambulance finally came her car was upside down and she wasn't looking so good. They said that they are surprised she even survived with how bad it was".
"You are kidding me, right?"
"Sadly I am not".
"I hope the guy who hit her didn't make it because if he did I'm going to hunt him down. She does not deserve this. She doesn't have any enemies. She is one of the sweetest people I know. And yes I know I have been a major ass to her since the day I met her but I don't know why".
"I do".
"What do you mean?"
"You like her. You always have. You just didn't want to admit it because you were afraid".
"That is crazy talk".
"That's what she said too. But it is true. You both like each other. Maybe even love each other now. I mean come on. Tell me that these past few weeks pretending to be with her didn't feel right".
"I'm with Courtney. That's the whole reason why we started this in the first place so I could get her back".
"Sure sure. Just think about it". Then she walked away.
I don't love her. Right?

HEY GUYS. SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN UPDATING VERY MUCH LATELY. HERE IS A BIT LONGER CHAPTER JUST FOR YOU GUYS. LOVE YOU ALL LOTS.

~ CheshireCat💗