Parties and Mistakes?

Sapphire Knight-

Today is the party.
The party seems more like a high school party than anything else.
Since Dravon was in the Greek system in college he really likes to party.
"Are you serious about this? This seems like it isn't your kind of thing" Dylan turns to look at me suspiciously.
"How would you know what is my kind of thing?"
"I have know you for a long time. We may have never gotten along but that doesn't mean I don't know you".
"Not getting along is an understatement".
"Well, whatever. Same difference".
"Yeah. Okay. Let's go".
We start walking inside and as soon as we get in there all the smells hit me and I fight a cringe.
Dylan is right. I'm not going to tell him that but he is. I hate parties, especially these kind of parties.
Dylan grabs my hand as we continue to walk.
I fight to yank it back.
We have to look like we love each other.
I keep repeating that to myself and I find myself relaxing a bit.
"Babe!" Dravon yells as he walks towards us.
He stops when he sees our conjoined hands.
"I see you brought your new boyfriend after all".
"Why wouldn't she? She wouldn't be coming to a party alone".
"She wouldn't be alone I am here".
"Exactly my point".
"Excuse you?"
"Babe! Let's go get something to drink" I interject before anything bad happens.
"Yeah. Let's".
We walk to the kitchen and Dylan grabs a beer and I just grab a water.
The music gets turned up even louder and it starts getting hard to hear anything but the music.
I start walking around. I have been here a few times but everytime I am amazed. It is a bit bigger house with a gorgeous interior. It's all darker and more manly, being a guys house but you can definitely tell it is well taken care of.
I start walking up the stairs trying to get a little bit away from the crazy.
"I knew I'd find you up here".
I turn around and find Dravon leaning against the wall looking at me with a Cheshire Cat grin.
"Dravon, you startled me".
"Why did you bring that guy?"
"He is my boyfriend and you told me to".
"I didn't mean it. I wanted you to come alone. I made a mistake. I never should have broken up with you. I love you, Sapph".

HELLO EVERYONE! HOPE Y'ALL ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY! LOVE YOU ALL!

~ CheshireCat💗