Chapter 36

This feels better.

I ran my hand along the ridges of my jacket arms, feeling the leather bumps along my skin. It's much more form fitting than my other costume. I giggled when I caught myself calling the uniforms 'costumes' in my thoughts.

Cisco really pays close attention to his designs... it's perfect in every way, but something tells me it wouldn't look right on anyone else- just as Sara's outfit would look ridiculous on me.

I took the bow and quiver Wells gave to me and I attached it onto my back. He even made sure it would fit comfortably with my bow and quiver! ...Barry is lucky to have a new suit from Cisco every year. Hah! How does Cisco have time to fight crime?

I looked down at my Assassin suit and got an idea. "A little bit of history, maybe? A little new, a little old." I quietly said out loud. I grabbed the sword belt out of the pile and wrapped it around my waist. Perfect... Thank God my belt is black!

I unattached my rapier from my old quiver so I could attach it underneath of the new one. Carefully, I slid the rapier into its rightful spot on my back. I took a look into the mirror to see how different the suit looked from last time I wore it. My insides were screaming, wanting to bust out in tears at how absolutely perfect it is.

Oliver busted into the room as if he didn't know where I had gone and finally found me after weeks of searching. "Hello?" I softly greeted. Oliver stopped in front of me and examined my new look. "Oh, wow-" he said in a breathy voice.

Hearing him approving my choice made me blush, but it was instantly chased away at his next choice of words, "Diggle is having a hard time trusting you. However, we think that we have a plan that can stop Slade."

Oliver grabbed the sides of my arms so I would look at him directly. "I need you to hide... I can't 100% do what I know I have to do if I don't know that you are safe."

"Oli, I can help. Just tell me the plan."

He shook his head, "No, Y/N... I need you to be far away from here." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Why? You can't just ask me-"

"I'm not asking." He snapped, "I will come and get you when this is all over."

Seriously? He can't tell me not to help in such a desperate time!

I decided to protest, "No-"

"Y/N..."

"No! Not unless you tell me why." I growled. He sighed, "I need you to be safe."

I could tell he was sincere with his words, which meant that he cared. However, I also knew that I would be an asset to the mission.

"Well I don't want to be safe... I want to be with you and the others- Unsafe!"

That sounded a lot less stupid in my mind...

Oliver didn't seem to mind how stupid it sounded, but cared more for the context. "I can't let that happen."

"Oliver, you're not making any sense."

"Y/N... On the island, Laurel was always the one who got me through the day... I would stare at her picture for hours. Slade took Laurel because he wants to kill the woman I love."

Why is he telling me this?

"I know, so?"

"So he took the wrong woman."

The words somehow calmed me while simultaneously making my heart beat faster and faster. I had never heard him admit his feelings to me before. I debated on returning my feelings, Maybe he didn't even realize what he said... Do I say something back? Do I tell him how I feel?

...No... He didn't exactly say the three words he meant to say. I'll save it for next time.

I released a breath I wasn't aware I was holding, "Oh..."

"I love you." He admitted. There it is... those are the three words I didn't think Oliver would ever dare to admit.

"Do you understand?"

I nodded at him, then was pleased to receive a loving kiss on my lips. I wasn't sure how long it lasted, but it felt like a lifetime. "Go." Oliver told me when he broke from my lips.

He walked towards the door with purpose. Wait, I didn't get to tell him how I feel...

"Oliver w-" I began. He snapped in response, "Now!"

I scooped up my old clothes and tossed them in my bag, along with my weapons- well, the best I could. As quickly as I could, I rushed home to pack for Central City. Maybe I can get Barry to take me there if he isn't too busy? If he minds me staying at his place, I can always ask Caitlin...

I tried my hardest to push down feelings of fear from Slade and adoration from Oliver. Does he really love me?

The second I made it into my bedroom, I shoved whatever outfits I had close to me into a bag, knowing I could buy whatever it was I forget.

I threw my bag on the bed and turned around to gather my toothbrush. Once I turned around, there he was.

Oh, God!

I stared back at the man I knew all too well- Slade Wilson.

I slowly backed up, reaching my hand for the bag my sword was in. He grinned wide at me, "Hello, Miss Smoak... I have been looking for you."

***A/N: One of my favorite scenes in the entire show :) I was very excited to reimagine it for everyone!***