Chapter 21

"Y/N?" Felicity's voice asked, waking me from the attractive puddle of drool on my computer keyboard. "Hmm?" I responded in alarm, twirling in the rolling chair to see her.

"Did you... sleep here?"

I looked around at the team Arrow base, "Um, yeah... I guess I did."

Only after wiping my keyboard did I stand up for a stretch, "I had a lot to catch up on... So Slade... he's still out there?" I asked.

Felicity nodded, "Why do you think it took so long for us to answer your distress signal? We had a plan to catch Slade, and Oliver decided you would be safer in the pipeline until everything was over... Didn't realize it would take a few days. Then, when the plan failed, we convinced him you'd be safer close to us."

"Yeah, well I'm surprised Oli didn't put me in there himself." I half joked.

"Oh, I'm sure if he had thought of it first..." Felicity teased, then changed the subject, "Do you want to get some coffee? A sisterly catch up?"

I sighed, "No, I-"

Just as I was about to make up an excuse to stay and do more work, I caught a glimpse of Oliver entering the basement. "Actually, yeah... coffee sounds nice!"

Felicity gave me a confused expression the moment she detected tension, but was forced to brush it off when I offered a reassuring smile.

"Great, Let's go!"

Oliver was the last person I wanted to talk to... Whenever we talked- anything between the two of us tended to end.

I didn't want it to end.

Not this time.

"I have a secret that isn't really a secret because I wasn't specifically told not to tell you..." Felicity admitted when the two of us got in her car.

"What is it?" I urged. Felicity had always been somewhat of a wild card with gossip. On one hand, she was amazing at keeping secrets dealing with vigilante identities, but never when it came to drama that involved her sister.

"After you visited Starling and Oliver took you back to Central City- for Barry,-"

"Is this about me kissing Barry?" The lump in my throat grew bigger at the confrontation.

"He obviously knew about you and Barry, but..."

"Wait, why do you know about all of this?"

It was hard to imagine that Oliver would be upset about seeing me and Barry together after he already was aware we were together. Barry was clearly the reason I wanted to stay in Central City in the first place- besides needing space from Oliver and the team in general.

Seeing is believing, I guess.

"You really are a lovable dummy..." She sighed, shaking her head. I half smiled at the thought of her always saying that to Barry.

"The reason I can tell you this in the first place, is because I overheard Oli talking to Diggle... So now I am asking you to keep this secret."

I furrowed my brows, "Why does this sound so serious?"

"I just know he doesn't open up a lot, so seeing him like-" I cut her off, getting increasingly worried, "Like what?"

"He was talking to Diggle about what you told me before you got injected and left Starling City... The night you two spent together. He also told him about how he said it was a mistake and you should forget about it- to protect you, Y/N... All he was doing was keeping you far enough to stay off of Slade's radar. In doing so, he sent you running to Central City."

My heart sank. How could I be so stupid? Of course he was trying to protect me, he always does!

"Oliver told Diggle something about not being able to control how he feels around you, and something about not being able to fight Slade and have you, too."

"Felicity, why are you telling me this?"

"Because, Y/N... Seeing you kiss one of his best friends hurt him worse than any cut from  Slade Wilson ever did- or at least that's what he said to Diggle."

"Oh, God." I groaned, rubbing your hands on your face. "Why on earth, then, would he kiss me when he rescued me from the pipeline?"

"Um, because he cares about you? Because he can't help himself? I don't know, Y/N, it's Oliver." She shrugged.

I sighed and quietly repeated, "Yeah, it's Oliver...." We both exited the car upon arrival at the Radu's coffee shop.

Being there made me miss CC Jitters.

I figured I had just enough time for one more question, "Felicity, should I give him space?"

My sister tucks my hair behind my ear with a fake smile, "What do you think? As I said before, this is Oliver Queen we're talking about here."

"Indeed, it is." I muttered, then followed Felicity into the coffee shop.