Chapter 11

I woke up to Barry sitting in the chair that was beside me. "Oh, hey Y/N... I hope you don't mind; I got here a bit early and thought you would be awake."

I sat up and slowly stretched. Falling asleep in the infirmary instead of the guest bed was probably my first mistake the night before, "No, it's okay. I'm awake now... I enjoy your company."

Me and Barry smiled at one another for a brief moment before he spoke, "So, I heard you decide today if you're going back to Starling City?" He fidgeted with the end of the bedsheet while he asked the question. "Yeah... Wells said you guys could use another hand in the crime fighting business- gave me that briefcase." I gestured to the hard black case perched on the table closest to the door.

Barry glanced at the briefcase, "What is in it?"

I shrugged, "No idea... I haven't decided if I'm staying or not."

"Well," Barry began. He shifted in his seat uncomfortably, "You were treated by a serum that wasn't even tested before being used on you... You could have side effects. I want you to stay, I... I mean we want for you to stay and make sure you are in top condition before sending you back."

Tripping over his words made me smile involuntarily, "Well, if it's for the best of the team and myself, then I guess I should op-"

Barry speed-grabbed me and placed me in front of the case,

"-en it."

I had to blink a few times to get a grip on my new reality. Being in the bed one second and then in a completely new spot within a half-second was not a familiar event. "I am still not used to that."

I clicked open the latches from the briefcase to reveal a custom made compound bow and arrows to go along with it. It had a completely black theme with only a slight green accent on the bow and arrows to represent my connection to the Arrow.

"Wow..." I exhaled in awe, "It's... perfect." I picked the bow up delicately, then gathered the arrows into the quiver. 'It's been so long since I've held one of these...'

"Great. You aren't going to shoot me in the back with arrows, too, are you?" Barry groaned. I gripped the bow and offered and innocent smile, "We'll see." I headed straight for target room.

"Wait," I heard Barry say from behind me, still in the room I left him, "That was a joke, right?"

"Y/N....?"

I smirked to myself and kept walking. 'He's so cute.'

I could sense Barry was watching me practice from the doorway, so I purposely missed the first target. "Oli only showed me the very basics of archery; it is now up to me to simply train the techniques I've already been taught." It was an absolute lie- the League trained me, and they trained me a whole hell of a lot better than that.

Barry walked in from behind me after I spoke to him, "Wow, you are Smoak-in hot. Haha! Get it?" Barry wailed, dying in a fit of laughter at his own joke.

I turned to raise an eyebrow at his corny ass joke. His face turned as red as his suit when he saw the expression on my face. "Sorry... Uh... Hey, want to shoot a moving target?" He asked. "Um, how am I expected to hit the fastest man alive."

"Oh, come on! Just give it a shot." Barry begged, then speed-changed into his suit. "Fine. But don't expect it to be very hard for you."

Barry began to zip around the room with a fit of lightning trailing behind him as if it were trying to keep up with him. I aimed an arrow, then released it.

I, of course, missed.

The sight was unbelievable. Sometimes it was easy to forget who Barry really was when he didn't have a suit and mask on; it was a luxury I didn't have with Oliver.

I tried as hard as I could, even forgetting about pretending I couldn't shoot. Was I even aiming in the right direction!?

I shot my last arrow and, in an instant, Barry was standing no more than a breath away from me, holding the last arrow in his fist directly in front of his wide smirk, "You almost had me that time." He teased.

"Liar." I quietly responded, holding my breath gently at his close proximity. Barry hesitated for a moment, but then released the arrow to the floor and closed the gap between the two of us, pressing his lips softly onto mine. Like I would have expected, his kisses are more delicate and loving than-

Mmm.

I got lost in my thoughts, which allowed me to lean in further to the kiss. I held my bow in both hands, making it the only thing occupying the space between my body and his. Barry gently broke away from the kiss and fluttered his blue eyes open, "Sorry... I couldn't help myself." He removed his mask and let it fall back behind him like a hood.

I let go of air I didn't know I was holding, "Don't mention it..."

I don't know if it was the hood and suit, those blue eyes, or even the kiss itself, but I wanted more...

I gently tossed my bow to the floor and wrapped my arms around his neck, 'just one more kiss.' Barry rested his hands on my waist and pulled me closer. I easily allowed my fingers to run up the back of his head through his hair when I accepted his tongue to join the kiss.

A few more kisses later, I was completely pressed against his body, filling every cavity with one another. Just as things started to get good, I felt Barry's entire body vibrate unnaturally for an instant, forcing me to pull away. "What was that?"

Barry's face turned bright red; he ran his fingers through his hair to calm himself down, "I'm so sorry... sometimes I can't control my speed when my heart rate gets high enough. I haven't really learned to control it yet..."

"I think I'll take that as a complement, actually." I responded. I picked my bow up again and gathered the arrows. It was for the best, honestly. I mean... How far was I expecting it to go, anyway?

I was rushing into things way too fast. I didn't want for Barry to be some type of rebound to a relationship that was never even real. I felt bad for how quickly I fell for Barry, but maybe that was because I associated my feelings I had for Oliver onto him. Was I seeing Barry for who he is, or was I seeing glimpses of Oliver in another man? 

Barry left me alone to practice, which was completely fine by me; I wanted to test what that bow was really capable of.

I grabbed a handful of tennis balls and, once I was certain Barry had left, I threw them towards the wall. Quickly, I sent arrows through the center of each tennis ball and pinned them against the wall in different locations. I smiled wide to myself when I accomplished my test, "Like riding a bike." I whispered to the bow.