Chapter 33

I slowly opened the door to see Oliver standing with his hands leaning on the computer desk; he was wearing his Arrow suit with his hood off and his head was bent down in exhaustion. The door clicked behind me, making Oliver look over to me. Luckily, no one else was in the room with the two of us.

Oliver stared blankly at me which made me worry that I couldn't read his emotions. Was he looking at me different now because I was wearing League clothing? The silence started to kill me. 'Say something!'

"Oli..." I choked out, forcing a breath. "So that was you? You're the one who knew my name?" He asked.

I let him have a nod, but nothing else.

"You didn't twist your leg in a hole, then... I stabbed an arrow through it, is that right?" He continued.

I nodded again in response, but I could tell that there were so many questions that were about to follow. He sighed while looking back to the computer screen. "Why did you protect The Soldier? We could have had him."

"Brennan isn't The Soldier, Oli. The reason I came back to the League was to help prove his innocence." I saw Oliver's face twitch into confusion in the middle of my explanation, "I gave everything to Felicity that proves it... I told her not to give it to you until I could tell you the truth."

Oliver pushed away from the table and turned his body to face me, "Wait... 'back' to the League? Felicity knew about this?" He crossed his arms, which somehow let me know that he was listening.

"Felicity knew... Oliver, I can explain everything to you if you will listen."

He walked towards a step and sat on it, patting the spot next to him for me to join.

I reluctantly sat down on the step beside him; he spoke first, "Y/N, why did you keep this from me? I understand that I kept a secret too, but I did it to protect you."

"Oliver, there is a lot that you don't know about me... This has been my secret since before I moved back to Starling." I explained to him. "Well I don't want any more secrets, Y/N..."

"Okay... then I want no more secrets from you. I want to know what happened to you on that island." I protested.

"Fine, no more secrets." He accepted to my astonishment. "First thing you should know is I haven't been completely honest about the 5 years I spent on Lian Yu... Because I didn't spend all of it on the island."

For the next hour, Oliver opened up to me about Lian Yu, Hong Kong, Russia, and even his ties with the League of Assassins.

"So you were hoping I was a girl named Talia when I said your name? Is that why you couldn't tell who I was?" I asked after the conversation concluded. He shook his head, "I wasn't hoping, but that's the only person I suspected. She had a unique style of fighting; she taught it to me, which means you either got it from me, or you know Talia."

I did a quick inventory of my memory, "No... I don't know of a Talia, I'm sorry..." I leaned against the metal bar of the steps gently, "I find it funny that me and you were both in Russia at the same time... goes to show just how big that country is."

Oliver furrowed his brows, "You were in Russia?" I nodded in response; this was my cue that it was my turn to come clean. "You came back to Starling City the same year the Particle Accelerator exploded. I had been working with S.T.A.R. Labs as a physicist on that project for two years. I don't know if you ever heard that I, too, 'came back from the dead' since you weren't exactly a phone call away. I told everyone a fake cover story about trying to find myself or some shit."

I checked back in with Oliver and was delighted to see him paying close attention to my words. "Six years before I came back, I was taken by a mafia of men who were after my father for hacking their project. At the time, I didn't speak Russian- or Ukrainian for that matter, so I wasn't the most cooperative hostage."

I took a deep breath.

Wow, saying these things out loud is harder than I expected it to be. Now I understand why Oliver had to take so much time to form words.

"It was.... months, Oliver... They tortured me until I was close to death, just to allow me to heal and torture me more for information I didn't have."

Oliver must have taken notice of the hard time I was having and placed a hand on my knee as support. "Finally, they gave me the choice- tell them, or die... That's when I met Vitka- she saved me... I remember her saying to me 'очень милая девушка...' It means-"

Oliver engaged, "A very sweet girl."

I smiled warmly at him, feeling happy that he knew Russian like I did... Which was exactly why he knew what I said to Vitka that night in the warehouse. "Exactly."

"So, Vitka saves you and you join the League of Assassins? In risk of sounding rude, why did Vitka save you? She didn't know you."

"I found out before I joined the League that Vitka rescued me because she wanted the same information I wouldn't give to the mafia. She basically nursed me back to health even when she knew I had no information to give her... She taught me to fight and saw potential in me, so she offered for me to join the League of Assassins."

Oliver still had his hand on my leg, rubbing it gently with his thumb. I told him about joining the League, meeting Echo, learning to fight, all about Russia, Central City, Barry, and even what happened last night. I made sure to bring Oliver up to speed, telling him about whatever missions I remembered, like saving Felicity, and made sure he knew that I didn't allow any of the bad guys to see the light of day.

Oliver was able to connect to my past; why didn't I expect him to understand? Like Barry said, me and him are just alike...

"Y/N... This changes everything." He sighed, looking to his shoes to avoid my eyes. I noticed his hand still on me, so I grabbed it with one hand in hopes he would look at me again. My hopes were fulfilled when I was able to look into his deep blue eyes once more. "Oliver, you're wrong... This changes nothing. I am the same exact woman as the one you met... The only thing that has changed is our trust can be stronger now."

"I don't know..." Oliver admitted. I used my free hand to cup his cheek softly, "I do know."

"All I know, Y/N, is the way I feel about you." With his last statement, he filled the empty air between my lips and his. Butterflies instantly took flight in my stomach when his lips pressed against mine.

Kissing him back gave Oliver approval to pull me onto his lap. He took off my scarf first, followed by my hooded jacket; It was almost unfair how many layers I had compared to him.

Oliver picked me up when he stood up from the stairs and carried me to the spongy fighting floor. I managed to get his Arrow suit off of him while he was carrying me, all of the while never breaking from one another's lips.

'You have no idea how bad I've wanted this... Even when you wanted me last time, when I couldn't let you see my leg, I almost was tempted to tell you right then. But I didn't." I confessed to him in my private thoughts.

Oliver laid me back on the floor with him on top of me, sucking on my neck while his hands explored my body. I softly moaned and close my eyes.

'Now this- you... It feels right.'

Easily as ever, I gave in to him. This time, however, I could do so without having to worry about my leg or my secrets... I could finally exist in the moment.