Chapter 26

I patched up my leg the best way possible. Luckily, Oliver missed hitting any vital aspects of my leg so I was at least able to walk.

I knew I had to make an appearance at the bunker and explain my absence from that night...

To the maximum of my capability, I gained enough adrenaline (and painkiller medicine) to take a taxi to Verdant and walk inside to the basement.

I saw the whole team having a discussion. "Y/N! Where were you?" Diggle asked when I opened the door. "I'm sorry... I was running some errands. I left my phone at home on accident, so I didn't get the calls."

I did my best to walk down the stairs halfway decently. "What happened to your leg?" Felicity curiously asked. I instantly lied through my teeth, "Oh, it's stupid... I thought someone was following me on my way home, so I started running and didn't notice the pot hole until my damn leg got twisted from it... I should be fine soon- it's nothing."

"I hope so. We have bigger problems now." Oliver told me; I curiously listened.

"We had a plan today to arrest The Soldier. Brennan was right in our grasp, but there was this group..." I sat down beside Felicity while I listened to Oliver, "They're called the League of Assassins. Sara was once a part of them, and it seems as though they have their eyes set on Brennan."

I played dumb, "Assassins? So, they killed The Soldier guy before you could get there?" Oliver raised an eyebrow at my question, "Actually, no. I haven't wrapped my head around it yet, but they were protecting him..."

Diggle interjected with his two cents, "That's not even the worst part... Oliver says that one of the Assassins knew his name."

I gasped, "Wait when you say knew his name... I'm hoping you mean Arrow?" Diggle shook his head in response, being followed up by Oliver's voice- "No, Y/N... they knew my name under the hood. There was something she said to me-"

"She?" I asked. I was confirmed with a "Mmhmn." From Oliver.

Ugh... He was so cute when he responded like that. Especially when he didn't want to be agreeing with something. "She said he isn't the man we think he is..."

"Did you see her face? Do you know who she is?" Roy asked. Oliver shook his head in defeat. I decided to stay quiet in fear of being overly dramatic or nervous in the conversation. I was just grateful that he didn't get a good look at my face or that he didn't question my leg injury further.

I wished I could tell him... but I couldn't.

"So, what did she mean when she said he isn't who you think he is, or whatever?" Roy asked. I quietly sat at my computer and watched Oliver shrug, "I have no idea... Felicity, do you think you could investigate him further? Find out just why the League is interested in him?"

Felicity laughed, "You know I can! I could take it personally that you doubt my abilities."

'Wait, can Felicity find me in connection to the League somehow by doing this?"

"Felicity, get to work. Y/N, stay here with her to rest your leg. The rest of us are going to scout the scene in case if our new friends left something behind." Oliver announced before disappearing.

'Think, think, think... Oh, God... I can't let Felicity find out her sister is the same assassin that completely fucked over the team's operation... at least not until we get proof Brennan is innocent.'

In the midsts of my thoughts, I got a terribly brilliant idea, "What do you say we get some Big Belly Burger up in here and catch ourselves an assassin?"

Felicity's face lit up as I expected it would since it is hands down her favorite place for brain food. "Is that even a question?" She cheered.

I grabbed my phone and texted on it to Echo,

'Me: I need your help. It involves fast food...'

Echo and I responded back and forth for a minute to let him in on my plan. Once he was on board, I smiled at Felicity. "Just placed an online order- it'll be here before you know it!"

15 minutes passed before Felicity got focused on her objective, "Okay, so I think if I get the footage from the fight that night, then I will be able to locate and track the assassin who knew Oliver's name... I can use street cameras, security cameras- whatever has video so I can track her to where she's operating from, maybe even reveal who she us under that hood!" I offered the best smile I could in return for her brilliant plan, "Wow... Didn't know that was possible."

Luckily, I heard the buzz from Verdant's entrance. "Do you mind, Felicity? My leg is still pretty sore..." Felicity nodded with excitement and ran up to get the food.

Not even a minute later, she was back with the bad of food in hand. "Phew... I would say that delivery guy was smokin' hot if his Australian accent didn't remind me so much of Deathstroke..."

She plopped down in her chair and tossed a burger to me before grabbing her own out of the bag. I immediately started scarfing down a few fat fries. I watched her open and take the first several bites, "Oh my GOD, this is so good. Y'know... this is like cocaine, it should definitely be illegal." She took one more bite and spoke with a full mouth, "Let's... Let's get.... to... t' work....."

"Felicity? Are you okay?"

I watched as my sister fell lifeless to the floor after giving me a panicked look. I swallowed the last of my fry, calmly standing up to check on her, "I am so sorry, sis... I couldn't let you find out my secret..."

I decided to leave her exactly how she fell before sitting at her computer. Speaking to myself helped me concentrate, "Okay... Warehouse cameras... Street cameras. Oh, and maybe let's not forget the cameras on here."

I quickly navigated through Felicity's computer and deleted every original, copy, and backup files that I could find that showed me on tape. Instead of leaving the feed black, I was able to use my sister's user friendly interface to simply loop footage of an empty room as if no one was ever there at all.

Next, I decided to hack my tracker to make sure it looked like I was somewhere else in Star City, backing up where I was and how I 'twisted' my ankle. I didn't think anyone was going to check the tracker... but just in case... "What else..." I whispered to myself.

"Files on Brennan, maybe? ..Why not?" I went in and erased the data they gathered on Brennan; after all, the data was fake in the first place.

I ran through to make sure there was absolutely nothing that could lead Felicity back to me. "I think that's it..."

As the final step, I took a few bites of my cheeseburger then quickly set the loop in the room to turn off in 30 seconds before returning to my seat. "Here we go..." I muttered with my mouth full.

As expected, my vision faded out and I fell to the floor like Felicity had.