Chapter 35

I decided to join Oliver in the main room. The anticipation from telling the team was forming the worst lump in my throat. Not to mention my stomach was turning like a screw from wondering how everyone would react.

My heart jumped when the door clicked to open... having the mask and hood helped me feel like I was hiding, which was nice. "What's going on?" Felicity frantically asked, stepping into view. "Oh, hey Felicity. We are just telling the rest of the group about Y/N..."

"Oh..." Felicity looked to me and examined me in my Assassin suit for the very first time. She came closer and sat at her desk, which was the desk I was leaning on. "So, you told him?" Felicity asked me. The both of us looked to Oliver to see a disapproving scowl towards Felicity.

I took note of it, "Oliver, I asked her to keep it a secret. You know more than anyone she's good at keeping them."

"I know. I just wish I had known." He leaned against his arrow rack table and folded his arms.

"So, where is everyone else?" Felicity asked.

The door clicked open again. "Right there." Oliver replied; I would have thought it was a joke, but his voice was flat.

Diggle, Roy, and then Sara walked down the stairs and immediately took notice of the Assassin standing beside Felicity. "Uh..." Diggle started, grabbing his gun from his holster.

Sara cautiously stepped closer, "Nyssa?"

I tilted my head slightly, I didn't think about this... Oh, God. Now I have to disappoint her.

"No." Oliver responded to shut down her hopes as soon as they began. Sara was about a foot away from me; the two of us were just looking into one another's eyes. 'Should I say something..?'

Oliver's voice interrupted my thoughts, "Diggle, put that away- you won't need it." He looked directly at his gun to indicate what he meant, but didn't uncross his arms.

"If this isn't Nyssa... then who is it?" Sara asked. Roy chimed in, "Yeah, why did you call us in here?"

I could almost physically see Diggle connecting dots in his head. "This is the assassin who attacked you, isn't it?"

Oliver cocked his head slightly, but then nodded. "Yes..."

He walked closer to me and Sara, putting a hand on her shoulder to move her slightly out of the way so the rest of the team could see me. "She showed up the day I went to rescue you, Diggle... After saving her friends from me, she told me exactly where to find you." Oliver looked in my e/c eyes, which made my stomach gently untwist. "She didn't attack me- she was protecting those that she loved, which must have been an impossible choice she was forced to make."

Not that he could see it, but I smiled underneath my mask at him. He really does understand me... doesn't he?

I looked back to a very confused team. "Why is she just standing there? Why is she not in a cage?"

"Roy!" Felicity bursted out. Roy instantly defended himself, "What?"

"More importantly, why is she in our supposedly top secret base?" Diggle pointed out.

'Ugh... I guess it's time.'

"Because..." I began. I looked at Sara one last time apologetically before gently pulling my hood back and then pulling my mask down to reveal my identity to the team.

None of them spoke except for Oliver, "She is just as much a part of this team as each and every one of us... This changes nothing."

Why are none of them speaking?

I scanned the team one by one: Diggle seemed very cautious of how to proceed while Roy and Sara just looked flat-out confused. "Oliver, can I talk to you?" Diggle more or less asked, his arms folded and his eyes locked on me.

"Mmhmn.... Can you all give us a minute?"

Felicity got up and took my hand and led me into the training room. "It's going to be fine, I promise." She purred.

Sara and Roy walked in the room moments later. The second Felicity walked away, I noticed Sara making her way over to me. "I-I'm sorry... you must have been expecting Nyssa."

Sara smiled gently and shook her head, "No, sooner or later everyone in that suit starts to look like her."

I offered a smile back and comforting words, "She misses you." Sara's eyebrows softened at my words, "You know Nyssa?" I simply nodded in return, thinking back to the missions me and her got put on together. "She was one of my closest friends in the League."

"Are you okay though, Y/N?" She asked, placing a hand on my shoulder. It was nice to have one of three trying to accept me. "Sara, I have been in the League for 10 years now... off and on for the past 4 years or so- I am fine."

I saw that I somehow peaked her curiosity with what I said, "Off and on?"

"Yeah? I left the League 4 years ago, but sometimes my old mentors ask for my help... which is why I was protecting Brennan." I paused, but then quickly added, "Brennan is not The Soldier, by the way... I'm sure Felicity and Oliver will fill everyone in on that soon."

"That's not what I was asking about... I'm sure the League had a good reason to protect him. I'm more concerned- or I guess confused- that you think you left the League? Y/N, you don't leave the League of Assassins... Whatever they told you, they were just keeping you on the end of a string. The same thing happened to me, they let us go because of our close connections with the daughter of Ra's."

Sara could see my confusion building up, so she explained further, "I don't have to know you to know that every time they have come to you for help, you have said yes... I know that because if you said no, they would have pulled you right back home."

I tried to process her words. I mean... she's not wrong. I have never said no to helping Vitka, Echo, or even Nyssa... Except that one time Nyssa asked for me to come back home to the League, but that was probably a personal request and not one from her father. But I mean... I would say yes a thousand times if they asked.

"Sara, I really don't mind.... I don't mean to sound any kind of way about this, but I love that League and I would help them unless any member of Team Arrow was the target." I explained. Sara could tell I was being sincere to my priorities, which placed Team Arrow at the top.

"Okay... You might not have a choice on being in the League, but you always have a choice on the person that you want to be- figure out which team matters the most to you like I have, and go all in." She gestured to my Arrow suit that Cisco made me, which was resting on one of the mannequins. Sara walked away to let me think.

'I guess she's right... It's time to make an impossible choice.'