Chapter 17

30 minutes? 2 hours?

Honestly, I wasn't sure how much time had passed; all I knew was I did not want to go back in there with Team Flash.

Unfortunately for me, the awkwardness was brought to me.

Wells rolled in with that 'welcome to the principal's office' look plastered on his face. "You know," He took his glasses off and cleaned them with his shirt, "I don't come in here that often. Only when it is absolutely necessary."

'Okay?' I asked only in my private thoughts.

"Do you know why I am here now, Miss Smoak?" He asked. I shrugged in response, which made Harrison chuckle. After putting his glasses back on, he leaned against his hand while his elbow is perched on the arm of the chair. "Cisco brought up a few concerns. Lucky for me, I know you well enough to know you're a very smart woman."

I attached my bow to its new holder on my back, waiting for him to get on with his point.

"Stay away from Barry Allen."

I tilted my head. Did I hear that right? "If I didn't know any better, I would say you're threatening me, Dr. Wells."

"No, no..." He laughed, "Not a threat- an ultimatum..."

"That is never going to happen. You can't keep us from being happy." I growled.

"You're as stubborn as Oliver Queen." He joked, hopefully only because me and Oli are friends. "You have no idea." I muttered under my breath while watching Wells roll back up the ramp.

Wells held a finger up before leaving, "Oh, and don't think about saying anything about this to Barry."

He turned back around in his chair then headed towards the exit. "What you're doing, it isn't going to work." I promised, but received nothing in reply.

I figured it was best to wait a few minutes before returning to the team. When I did, Wells looked up from his computer.

"Miss Smoak, we were just talking about you." Wells smiled.

What is he up to?

"We have all agreed that you are ready to take your bow to the field... show us what you've learned." Barry concluded with a smile.

Cisco lit up, "But first, I made you something." He rushed over to a nearby table and grabbed a small box. "It isn't much, but it will do for now."

The tension between Barry and Cisco was obvious, but it seemed liked throwing me into the field was distracting them.

When he opened the box, a black mask with a hooded jacket was revealed; it had minor green accents just like my bow. "I chose the hood because I know you work with the Arrow... you must be missing your team- figured that may help."

"Cisco..." I delicately picked up the mask and hood. "There's no reason you should have done this."

"Oh come on, making the suits and toys is what I do!"

The computers started to beep; Barry turned his focus, "What is that?"

"Looks like there's a bank robbery in progress at CC National. Uh, 10 suspects. All are armed.... Hostages." Caitlin read off; she looked up, "Looks like you have your first bad guys to stop."

"Suit up!" Barry smirked, pulling his mask over his head.

I got Cisco to hold my bow and quiver so I could slip my jacket and mask on.

I caught a quick glimpse of Wells with one of his devious looks on his face. What is he doing...?

"I'll give you a lift." Barry offered, sweeping me off my feet when I gathered my bow back from Cisco.

"Holy shit, I'm never going to get used to that." I laughed when Barry sat me back on my feet across the street from the bank. "Okay, I will take care of the robbers if you can get those hostages to safety."

I nodded, then pulled my hood over my head. 'Is this how Oliver feels when he puts his hood on?'

'It's a rush.'

I snuck easily into the back of the bank with a loaded bow in my hands. To distract the guards who were surrounding the hostages, I shot one arrow to the sprinkler system. Next, I sent an arrow flying towards their wrists to promptly disarm them.

I struck the closest guard with the back of my bow then, after a brief fight, I managed to contain the guards by forcing them to take a safe nap. "That was easy." I said to the nearest hostage before quickly untying them. When I turned to see how Barry was holding out, I stopped dead in my tracks.

'No, no, no... It can't be!'

I quickly sent an arrow flying, piercing the robber in the shoulder,

"Lassiter Broadstraum." I growled, loading another arrow and pointing it at him. He tried to reach his gun, which gave me no other option than to shoot him in the hand. He yelled out in pain, but I calmly loaded another arrow and aimed it at his head only inches away from his skin.

"Cecilia Sparrow! You killed her. I want to know why!" I demanded.

"I... I have no idea what you are talking about. Please, you have to believe me." He cried.

If only I had believed it when criminals shed tears... I shot him in the opposite shoulder than before, "I'm feeling generous.... So I will give you one last chance before your life becomes completely useless to me."

"Y/N!" I heard a panicked Barry shout. In the corner of my eye, I could see lightning disappear from behind him when he arrived. I glanced briefly at him before turning my attention back to Lassiter. "This doesn't concern you, Flash." I growled. I kept my feet planted firmly in their stance.

"Don't do this! You don't have to do this... You aren't a killer. Whatever it is he has done, there are other ways for justice."

I lowed my bow slightly, sounding defeated, "You don't understand, Barry.... He killed my friend... I made her a promise."

"I don't know who you are talking about. I rob banks. Sometimes, people are in the wrong place at the wrong time and there are casualties. You have to believe me!" Lassiter pleaded.

I made Ce a promise... And if there is one thing in this lifetime I won't be doing, it will be breaking that promise.

"Oh, don't worry..." I responded, slowly drawing my bow back to where it was previously. I heard every click of the tightening bowstring, "I believe you."

Barry shouted "No!" right as my fingers slid off the line, sending an arrow straight through Broadstraum's chest.

Barry was too far away, therefore too slow to stop me before it happened. Maybe a part of him didn't believe I would actually do it.

It's funny how little he actually knew about the type of person I could be.

I saw Barry's disbelief from my peripherals, standing, at most, a foot away from me. "I did what I had to." I told him, staring at the lifeless body in front of me.

Cecilia didn't deserve that type of death... But he deserved the one he got.