Chapter 4

"Y/N...?" Felicity timidly called out while she sat on the edge of my bed; my back was faced towards her. I didn't blame her for being cautious since, growing up, I was always the hothead between the two of us. "My side hurts." I stated simply in the coldest tone I could summon.

I heard Felicity throw her hands up and allow them to slap back down to her thighs, "Clearly, we have some things to talk about."

"No." I turned around and winced in pain as I tried adjusting. I wanted to confront her about this little secret while I looked in her face. "You have some things to explain to me, Felicity. We can start with why you haven't told me my best friend fights crime in Starling City as a hobby? ...Or maybe you can start by telling me why a creepy Australian pirate wanted to kidnap me to get at Oliver? Oh, wait... I've got it. Explain to me how lying to me is supposed to protect me."

Felicity sighed before standing up, "Listen... It wasn't my secret to tell you, Y/N."

Felicity grabbed her jacket and put it on one sleeve after another, "Oliver does his best to make the right choices every time... And if he believed that keeping this from you kept you safer than telling you, then I believe it; you should believe it, too."

I said nothing in response. After all, what Felicity said made sense. I mean, hell, had I told any of them about me and my involvement with the League of Assassins? Regardless of how much Felicity had made sense, nothing kept me from being upset in that moment.

Felicity stopped with her hand on my bedroom door, "If you change your mind, we could use an ex-physicist on the team. The directions on how to find us are on your night stand... Throw it away, follow them, do whatever it is that you have to do."

I watched my sister leave my room, shutting the door behind her. The yellow sticky note on my nightstand caught my attention and dared me to look at it. But why? Why shouldn't I have ripped up that piece of trash without a second thought?

Because of Oliver?

Goddamnit.

I slowly eased my body up from laying down and proceeded to pick up the piece of paper, which appeared to be written in Oliver's handwriting. Clearly, I had too many questions to not show up there, right?

Slowly but surely, I made my way to the kitchen to grab some breakfast so I could be sure I wouldn't change my mind about going back there. Ugh, of course I wouldn't change my mind... Oliver Queen... He had this mysterious hold over me, drawing me closer to him the further I tried pulling away.

After a drive into the Glades, I walked into an empty Verdant building. Clever... Hidden in plain sight. I then walked down the stairs of a basement I never knew existed. 'Does their security suck, or did they leave it open for me to come?'

Felicity and Diggle both noticed me before Oliver, since he was busy sharpening arrowheads with- oof, with no shirt on. This gave me the opportunity to see some pretty serious scars on his back, along with some pretty... gorgeous muscles.

How did he get those scars, though? Was it the island? Oliver never talked about what happened to him when he was on that island. Did Felicity know the stories behind them?

'Why did Felicity get to stare at that body and not me? Unfair.'

Diggle slapped Oliver's shoulder with the back of his hand, which forced him to turn around and lock his deep blue eyes on me. "Y/N." He instantly rushed over to help me the rest of the way down the stairs. Thank God, it was kind of hurting.

"Can we talk, please?" I asked Oliver. He nodded and gave the other two a look that made them leave the room. Wow, the level of communication. "Were you ever going to tell me?" I asked after he was finally able to get me settled into a chair. He opened his mouth to talk, but I stopped him when I noticed him look away- a clear sign of a liar. "And try not to tell any more lies than you've already told me."

Oliver hesitated, but then shook his head, "No."

My eyes trailed down to the scars on the front of his body as well as his tattoos, abs, and that V-line that was peaking out from his jeans. "Can you um,..." I stuttered off topic, "Do you own a shirt, or?" He looked down to his own body, then back to my light brown eyes, "What? Too distracting for you?" A smirk folded onto his face, which made my palms sweaty. "I'm just..." I almost hadn't, but I recognized the moment as a playboy who was just trying to escape confrontation.

"Why did you lie to me, Oli?" I asked, snapping my attention back to the matter at hand. "Y/N, I think you know that answer... Are you here to ask me questions, or are you here to take my offer?"

"Offer?" I asked, repeating his own words back to him. "Yes, an offer. Come work with us; I can at least keep you safe now if you're here. Slade Wilson obviously has his sights set on you."

Simultaneously as he spoke, he pulled up the side of my shirt gently to examine my injury and make sure the stitches he gave me hadn't reopened. "Do I get my own desk?" You ask, forcing a chuckle and receiving one of those rare Oliver smiles in response, "Yes, Y/N, you get your own desk." He paused, "So is that a yes?"

"For now."

My plan was that, in time, I could ask all of the questions I needed to. At least by accepting a job with them, I wouldn't have to worry about Slade coming back for me until I've had the opportunity to heal and then practice.