Chapter 25

'I know Oliver said one hour with no breaks, but what is 10 minutes going to hurt?' I had been training for 30 minutes straight, which was already making me break a sweat.

"Hello, Y/N... It has been a while." The distantly familiar Australian accent cut through the sound of my own breathing. I whipped around to see him standing there in full gear, "Echo?" I exhaled in disbelief; thank God it wasn't the other recognizable Australian voice!

"What are you doing here? How did you find me?" I asked. I was quick to notice something off about him, even the way he was holding himself. I tried to connect the dots, "Where is Vitka?"

His teeth clenched at the question, "That's why I am here... Vitka was taking on a very intense case dealing with the Mirakuru drug. A man that calls himself 'The Soldier' is trying to sell it to corrupt military men in return for an 'I owe you' favor."

I searched my memories of chats that I could recall from overhearing Team Arrow, "The Soldier... yeah, isn't he that Brennan guy?" I asked. He shook his head slowly? 'No?' I silently asked, knowing if I stayed quiet I would get an explanation. "Brennan is being forced to cover for a man named Howard Bertoni."

I tried to search my thoughts again, but nothing came up. "I have never heard Arrow mention that name before..." I admitted. Echo nodded with his response, "By design... See, Vitka was assigned to protect Brennan and his family after the SCPD discovered that he was supposedly the man behind the drug heist. As you can imagine, Vitka got into deep trouble when Howard found her..."

What did any of this have to do with me?

Echo continued, "We have a plan to rescue Vitka while also recovering important information that will relieve Brennan of all charges and incriminate Howard. The League has my full support protecting Brennan and rescuing Vitka. With all of the guards there, the League has to split up to recover the data. "

I smiled, "That's great! So, why does it feel like there is an issue...?"

"There is also a bomb hidden somewhere in the warehouse."

I slowly nodded- now it was making sense, "So that's where my help comes in?"

Echo nodded again in return, "If you do so wish."

"How much time do I have to think about this?" I asked.

"We will be there by sundown... Please, think about it." Echo half begged.

I watched as he left through the alley exit. 'What do I do?'

About 10 minutes later, Oliver came back to see me practicing again on the pillar. "Did you actually do this for an hour?" He asked in disbelief. I laughed verbally, "No... I must admit I took a break."

Oliver smiled at me in amusement, but probably because I was in a sports bra and was sweaty from training. He distracted his eyes by handing me a water bottle he brought with him. "Oh, thank you." I took a few sips, then gave it back. "If it's all the same to you, I think I will head home. I promised myself I would run a few errands." I lied.

Oliver just said "Okay," and then let me leave.

I got back to my house and was pleased to see that Felicity wasn't home. "Maybe I should get my own place." I mumbled to myself.

I made my way to my bedroom and pulled out a bag from under the bed; the bag was the same one that Nyssa gave to me earlier this year when I sat with her on the roof.

"Looks like I made up my mind..." I admitted verbally to myself, gently taking the clothing out of it's carrier. I spoke once more, "Hello, old friend."

The suit seemed right; it seemed as if I was getting back motor function in a paralyzed body part.

Is this is who I am? Is this is where I belong? Or do I belong with Team Arrow? With Oliver?

I got dressed, being sure to sneak out of the house. Luckily, the light outside was starting to fade quickly- which also meant I had to get to the location soon.

I met up with Echo outside, who was accompanied by a few other assassins. "Y/N?" Echo quietly whispered when he saw you. He followed his statement, "I wasn't sure you would come."

He wouldn't have been able to see it anyway with my face guard, but I offered a half smile, "I owe Vitka my life... I will always be here to help the two of you, especially when that means freeing an innocent man in the meanwhile."

He nodded in approval, then motioned for the League to move in on the plan. My objective was simple- find the bomb... disarm the bomb.

I snuck through where the first team entered, but split up with them when they run into hostiles. 'Where would a highly dangerous drug lord keep his bomb?'

After checking the entire floor, I reached the basement where all of the fighting seemed to centralize.

'It must be somewhere around here...'

A feint beeping noise revealed itself to my ears; upon further investigation, I found and lifted a trapdoor to reveal a small bomb with numbers counting down.

"Why is it always a countdown?" I muttered to yourself, "So dramatic..."

I tweaked and snipped a few wires, the usual sequence I found worked with that particular model of bomb. "Bingo." I whispered when the numbers cut off.

Now that I had accomplished your objective, I decided to help with the hostiles. To be frank, I was itching for a good fight after getting a taste of it when Team Flash let me fight... I wanted more. I wanted someone who wouldn't lock me up if I had to create a few casualties.

Just as I was making a shish kebab out of two gunman, you heard the sound of an arrow flying past me, followed by an explosion.

Oh no! No- no- no- no!

I instantly got distracted and watched Oliver fighting both Assassins and gunmen alike. This was obviously bad news for me, especially when the rest of the team joins the fight.

"вытащить его отсюда! Get him out of here!" Vitka yelled to me, referring to Brennan. I scrambled for where Brennan was tied up and managed to slice through his restraints. "I am here to help." I assured him, ushering him quickly towards the exit.

An arrow flew past me and wrapped Brennan up in wire- shit! I whipped around and swung my sword aimlessly at Oliver, not looking to harm him. He effortlessly knocked me to the floor with his foot in return.

Damn!

I never wanted to be on the receiving end of that, especially knowing I could never defeat Oliver... Honestly, I didn't know many people who could even put up a fight.

"Oliver, no!" I shouted loud enough for only him to hear when he pointed an arrow at Brennan. Saying his name was was enough to distract Oliver and make him hesitate. In the new given time, I was able to scramble to my feet, "He isn't the man you think he is! You have the wrong guy!"

I swung my sword to knock his bow out of his hands, which I successfully accomplished; Oliver turned his attention to fight me at close combat. "вытащить его отсюда!" I repeated back at Vitka while trying to distract Oliver. "Я буду его отвлекать!" I promptly added, dodging Oliver's swings.

At the time I told Vitka that I would distract Oliver while she rescues Brennan, I didn't realize Oliver could understand Russian.

That fact quickly became very apparent.

"No!" The Arrow shouted. It was too late to stop her, however... Brennan was escaping the scene with Vitka. Angrily, Oliver turned and shoved an arrow through my thigh by hand.

I collapsed to the floor screaming from the pain- arrows hurt a whole hell of a lot more than swords do.

Oliver disappeared into the smoke with the rest of his team. Echo ran to aid me, picking me up and getting me the hell out of here.