Chapter 22

Me and Felicity made it back to the hideout after a couple cups of java to get us both through the day. Luckily, there were a lot more people there now other than just Oliver. In general, I tried to stick close to my sister for two reasons: 1- I have a shit ton of work to catch up on, and 2- Well, need I admit it?

Oliver finally caught a breath when Felicity left her desk to run a quick sample, "Hey, Can we talk? Are you okay?"

Just as I opened my mouth in protest, the crime tracker echoed with beeps. Oliver pressed his lips into a fine line to show how aggravated it made him. "Saved by the bell-" I half joked, then headed over to the rest of the team.

"Slade." Diggle growled. "Looking for more trouble."

Oliver immediately snapped into Arrow mode at the mention of his name; he grabbed his gear and bossed around the team, "Roy, Sara- Suit up. Diggle, I need you in the lookout with your sniper to cover us. Y/N, you-"

"I can help!" I helplessly intruded, then quickly backed up my words, "I trained a lot when I was gone. I did everything you taught me and I think I'm ready to do more for the team."

Lies. I knew I was ready. I had been ready for half of my life! While Oliver was stranded on that island, I was training with highly skilled assassins... not that Oliver needed to know that, or anyone else for that matter.

"That's what I'm talking about!" Roy cheered, but promptly received an icy stare down from Oliver and a stern "No."

Oliver turned his attention back to me, "I need you to stay here with Felicity." He growled.

"But I-"

His voices raised and he pointed his finger at me, startling Felicity since she was sitting closest to where he was standing, "No! This is NOT a negotiation, Y/N. This is a final decision, one that you need to understand."

I glared back at Oliver, having a miniature stand off in front of the group. "I don't care who goes, but we need to do it now before someone gets hurt." Diggle pointed out.

A horrible attempt to defuse the situation, if you asked me.

"Stay here." Oliver demanded, pointing to a chair. I tried to argue once more, but Felicity interfered with my plans, "It's fine, stay here with me- it'll be fun."

I sat down after a frustrated huff; of course he didn't think I could handle what he and the group does.

"Do you have a death wish?" Felicity laughed after the team left. Unfortunately for her, I wasn't exactly in the mood for jokes, "No, I just wanted to help." I sighed.

Then I got an idea... Not a good idea, but an idea nonetheless.

"I'm going out there... Just to cover them if something happens. And don't you dare tell them, unless you want them distracted and get hurt or something." I jumped up from my chair and grabbed one of Roy's backup bows since the draw weight was much closer to what I was used to.

Felicity tried to stop me, but every attempt went ignored; Dr. Wells was right to say I am as stubborn as Oliver Queen.