Chapter 20

On my walk, I realized that the only damage Oliver did was necessary to either hide his identity, or get through sealed doors.

I would have spied on their conversation if the room wasn't so far away, or even if Oliver hadn't shot my cell camera... Then again, that would be a complete invasion of privacy... so maybe it was for the best.

After half an hour, Barry walked into the room instead of running. I stood up silently from my seat when I saw him. I waited nervously for him to say something, but he never did. Instead, he wrapped both arms tightly around me in a hug.

What?

Regardless of my confusion, I held him tightly in return. Honestly, it was nice to feel contact with his body again after I thought I would be alone forever in a cell. "I'm so sorry..." He whispered.

"You aren't a killer.... I was upset. Sometimes, with the powers I have, I forget that it is ten times easier for me to do things the right way- which is usually the hard way."

"I needed to remember that you have had to watch Team Arrow do things how they do it for a lot longer than you've watched me and my team. To be honest, I haven't been the best teacher."

Barry let go from the hug, but allowed his hands to run down my arms and took my hands in his, "I love you, Y/N... Could we maybe restart? I don't want us to end like this- or at all for that matter."

Hearing his words made me realize how much I truly missed Team Arrow. More importantly, I realized how much I truly missed Oliver. 'No matter how much I miss him or the team... I can't sit here and pretend Barry was just a rebound from that night... what me and Barry had was real- but Echo was right, it was only an illusion... a flicker of happiness in this dark world; I never belonged here.'

"I love you too, Barry. I truly do... I wish I could say honestly that you wouldn't have to worry about something like Lassiter happening ever again, but I can't..."

I sighed, "What we had was real... I will always be grateful for the light you brought into my world, but I can't deny who I am, Barry. I am the same woman that you locked into that cell. Given the chance, I wouldn't change a thing about shooting an arrow through him."

You saw Oliver step into view in the distance behind Barry, standing patiently with his hood over his head and his hands folded together. "I wish things were different. Besides, you're in love with someone else." I whispered to Barry, letting one tear escape onto my cheek. My words to Barry were half directed at myself since I refused to look back at Oliver. A beautiful irony, honestly... me and Barry were both in love with people we couldn't have.

Barry nodded shamefully, knowing exactly who I wad talking about. "Listen... if you ever- and I mean ever need me, I will be there as fast as I can run, okay?" Barry promised, looking me in the eyes with his teary blue ones. I gave him a few quick nods; Barry pulled me in for one more hug then kissed the top of my head gently.

He let me go then looked back at Oliver with an approving nod before speeding out of the building. For a moment, me and Oliver just looked at one another from across the room. I wished Barry didn't leave me and him alone so soon...

"Let's go." Oliver finally said, walking to me and grabbing my hand, tugging it gently towards the door. I stood my ground and yanked my hand away from him with full tears,  "Are you serious?" I cried.

"That's all you have to say to me? 'Let's go?' Mind doing some explaining, maybe? Maybe give me some common fucking curtesy after you slept with me and then proceeded to call it a 'mistake?'" I used air quotes over my last word.

Oliver presses his lips together into a fine line, then responded with his electronically altered voice, "Can we please talk about this on the way home?"

"I don't think so... I need to know what you meant by- I need to know what I mean to you." I demanded.

"What you mean to me!?" He shouted angrily, but then grabbed me and yanked me to him forcefully. "Y/N, you mean more to me than I could ever possibly admit." He stared directly into my eyes with his deep blue ones that were hiding behind his mask. He then did his best to show me how he felt through a passionate kiss.

I kissed him back, realizing just how hungry I was to feel his lips on mine again. The two of us continued to make out, which was honestly even more enticing with his mask and hood still on.

Oliver lifted me up and sat me on the computer table so I was more in line with his lips since I'm shorter than him.

It was probably the best way I could think of to show me how much I meant to him.

Or was it? Last time he did this, he told me it meant nothing. So what would be different this time?

I pushed him off of me, "No, I can't go back to being your mistake. Do you understand me?"

"Y/N... All I know right now is that I miss you... I want you to come back." He told me. I shook my head, "No, I'm tired of waiting for you to figure out what you want."

I jumped off of the table and started walking to the exit, "I want to go home."

"Yeah- and which home is that, again?" Oliver asked sarcastically with a frustrated tone. I turned to face him,

"Starling... That's where I've always belonged."