Chapter 34

-Starling City - 2 years ago-

I was scanning the train station for my sister while dragging a heavy suitcase behind me with one stuck wheel. I remembered being completely frustrated by everything around me. 'Where is she?' I scolded in my thoughts.

I stopped walking when I was outside of the station and pulled out my phone to call Felicity; as it rang, a man in a suit pulled up in a black car beside me.

"Y/N?" He asked. I narrowed my eyes slightly at him. "Nope. Sorry, wrong girl." I shrugged. I saw him put the car in park and relax. I scoffed, "Okay, bye now..."

Felicity answered the phone finally. 'Thank God!'

"Hey!" I greeted, turning your phone away from the guy in the car and covering my mouth with your hand; I still kept an eye on him. "Where are you?" I asked.

"Oh, I am so sorry. There should be someone there to pick you up and bring you here... I'm at home." I glanced back at the guy who was contently smiling at me. "There's a creepy guy parked in front of me..." I suggested quietly to Felicity.

I heard her laugh slightly over the phone, "What is the creepy guys name?" I told Felicity to hold on a second, then I turned to the guy who hadn't drove off yet. "What is your name?" I asked.

He spoke as though I should know the answer, "Oliver Queen?"

"Oliver Queen..." I repeated back into the phone. Felicity spoke again, "Brown hair, suit, blue eyes, and muscles for days?"

"Uhm... well, yeah." I said while blushing slightly, finally examining the driver. "That's him! See you soon, sis!"

The phone call ended and I awkwardly put my hands together and looked at Oliver. He got out of his car, "Y/N?" He repeated devilishly.

I remembered how shortly before the phone call I had told him he had the wrong girl. He must have seen a picture of me? Something? Oh, maybe he saw the Particle Accelerator explosion on the news... "Well.... yes..." I responded sheepishly.

He picked up my suitcase and put it in the trunk before he offered to open the passenger door for me.

As he was walking around to the driver door once more, I pulled out my phone for a quick Google search- Oliver Queen.

Immediately, I discovered that he was the billionaire son of Queen Consolidated.

Dumbass... didn't even realize his last name or something?

"Are you Google searching me?" Oliver asked halfway down the road in amusement. I blushed ever so slightly, but chose to be sarcastic instead. "I don't get in cars with strangers."

I scrolled down a bit more, "Looks like you've created some kind of name for yourself, Mr. Queen."

I saw his nose scrunch when I used his formal name. I made it a point to take a mental note that he did not like that... or at least didn't like me using it sarcastically.

"Great, I am being tailored around Starling City by a billionaire playboy with a criminal record!" I cheered. Oliver laughed devilishly, "And I'm driving a genius physicist with a resume including S.T.A.R. Laboratories."

Oof. Good comeback.

I remembered rolling my eyes at him and saying, "I guess that means we would make quite the team."

-End of Flashback-

-

Waking up was such sweet sorrow; I almost wanted to pretend I didn't notice my mind had brought me from me slumber. For a minute or so, I didn't get up. Instead, I rested my head on Oliver's bare chest and allowed my fingernail to softly trace over the lines of his tattoos and the edges of his scars. "Hey-" Oliver cooed.

I smiled at the sound of his voice to myself before I looked up to his sleepy blue eyes. "Hey." I purred back.

"Maybe we should put our clothes back on before someone catches us with just this blanket, yeah?" He suggested in a groggy voice.

Oof. His sleepy voice is even sexier than I imagined.

"Mmm... probably for the best." I agreed. The two of us threw on our clothes from the night before. Unfortunately, that meant I had to put on my League gear once again.

I really need to wash this.

"Hey, I call for a rematch, by the way!" I teased, shoving Oliver's arm gently. He raised an eyebrow, "Didn't you get your ass handed to you one too many times already?"

"Um," I protested, "I was clearly holding back." My response sent Oliver into a fit of laughter. Wow...

"Scared of a little competition, Mr. Queen?" I drew out my rapier sword and held it pointing towards him. "Oh, it's on!" He grabbed a sword from one of his many weapon cases and immediately came after me with it.

The fight only lasted for about 10 minutes; we were both an incredibly surprising match for one another. Well, it helped that I had the advantage of knowing exactly how he fought. I had no doubt that he could beat me if he knew me in the League.

I managed to disarm him when knocking him to the ground; I stood over his body with a foot on his chest and my sword pointed inches from his face. I smirked, "Well will you look at that... The great Oliver Queen has fallen."

Oliver rolled his eyes after I stepped off of him and I stored my rapier in it's holster, "Y/N, you know we have to tell the team about you... right?"

I offered a hand to help him off the ground with a hesitant "I know."

"Here, this is probably the easiest way to do this- or at least it's how I would do it." While speaking, Oliver pulled my face mask over my mouth and nose, leaving my eyes exposed as they normally are. Next, he pulled my hood over my hair. "Just let them all get down here and then you can take it off, okay?"

I nodded. How did he know I didn't want to use words to explain to them who I was? In all honesty, it was much easier to break the news when I had the uniform to prove it.

Oliver left into the main room to make a few phone calls, I guessed.

'Show time...'