Chapter 71:A date like no other

Background song :Never be the same by Camila cabello.

                     💖🎸

  We kept walking until we finally arrived at a park. I should have thought about that. Maybe that's because I was thinking about something cheesier like a date at a restaurant or something else but this ? It was surprising. I have estimated this guy enough to have thought he wouldn't come up with something amazing and here he is, making momma proud.

        The scenery was beautiful and it took me a while to take it all in. I think there is a country fair going on because it was crowded and it looked pretty. That was when that evil voice rang in me. 'Andrew might get exposed if people find out who he is '

     'Andrew' I tried calling but it was too late as he pulled me to a stand where a competiton was going on. You have to throw a ring in a bottle and the one whose ring enters the bottle wins home a Teddy bear. The stand consists many couples and because of that,we had to wait in line. Andrew was quite polite,unlike the crude Andrew I had known.

      He looked at it amusingly like it was his first time seeing it and I rolled my eyes. Duh. Suddenly the Teddy bear's sparkling eyes captivated me and I saw what Andrew was seeing. If only I could get one.

        “ You know, this place looks lively. I wonder why I have never been here before” I coughed finding it hard to believe him. He has never been to a freaking countryfair! He doesn't have a life. Afraid to say that out loud I glared, my eyes almost popping out of its socket.

       It was suddenly our turn in a matter of minutes and I smiled eagerly. The game instructor, explained all Andrew needed to know but I wasn't even paying attention. These teddy bears are damn expensive. i mean it's just a countryfair. That was when it hit me. Andrew must have bought the whole stand that he hadn't bothered to check if they were expensive or not.

    Although he had bought it with his own money,he tried to earn it. Funny comparison. That defines Andrew. He might look stiff, but unlike other celebrities I have heard of, he doesn't try  hard to fit into people's opinions of him. I knew better than to believe whatever I saw on TV. If Keeping up with The Kardashians was really a reality show, what about the skipped parts? The question escaped my head as I heard cheering from couples behind us. I looked beside me and saw that Andrew wasn't there.DONT! TELL! ME!!!

         I looked forward like a remote controlled teddy bear and it was exactly like I assumed. Andrew had managed to throw a ring inside the bottle and that was the reason for the Cheers from the crowd. Swallowing the lump that suddenly rose up in my throat as Andrew flashed me an heart melting grin,i waved back like a kid who had just seen his parents after a long holiday.

          He shot me a thumbs up as he did his thing.

       “ This is For you Cat!!” He yelled and suddenly, everyone turned to look at me, smiling and pointing.

   It was different from the ones my classmate or the whole school entirely used to give and I felt relieved. It soothed me in a surprising way.

         I clutched my hands to my chest as he threw the second one and heaved a sigh of relief as he threw the other one, successfully throwing it in the bottle. Three, Four, Five, Six, Ten. I almost lost count. He would always flash me a grin whenever he hits a jackpot and I would send him a smile too. I was so caught up in the love exchange that I hadn't realized that the crowd was getting  bigger and bigger until it got to a point that I could bet that we took almost half of the population of the park.

     The game instructor took a mic and announced that the JUCAT couples which is are the first couple to have ever won the competition and if anyone doubts it he should come forward to challenge him.

        There were. In fact too many who came forward to challenge Drew. Twenty bottles were filled with water and placed on the tables then the instructor gave the instructions and in a jiffy, the game started.

          About 6 people lost at their first attempt and I was wondering where and how Andrew learned this. Three lost the second round, 5 lost the third round leaving six volunteers at the semi final..

     I couldn't withstand closing my eyes at this point, I resisted the urge to kneel several times as Andrew almost lost. It was down to two volunteers which surprisingly was Marcus and Andrew.

         I tried so much to spite him but I just couldn't bring myself to. I wondered if the singles were allowed to participate in the game because the last time I checked he has no Girlfriend but at the same time ,I must have been mistaken.

      He smirked at me and I tried so hard not to let my guard down. I have no feelings for you murderer cheater liar.

      The instructor asked the two of them to come forward which they did so curtly and I watched amusingly. Andrew wasn't the type to let people boss him around and so is Marcus. I wondered where they both got their obedience from.

     “Did you come here with a date?” the instructor asked and Andrew shook his head. Just as I had thought.

        “I didn't come with one but I might go home with one.” I rolled my eyes at his stupid attempt of a joke and he remained unmoved ,except the smirk that was still playing on his lips.

       Andrew however had his hands clutched tightly beside him like he was about to throw a punch. I couldn't blame him, I would have done so if I were him.

       “What do you mean by go home with a date” the instructor asked

         “Ill go home with this girl.” he added,his smirk growing wider. This girl as in me?You must be freaking kidding me.

    Andrew stayed silent but his hands was still balled up into a fist. He was resisting the urge to punch Marcus so hard that his knuckles had turned white.

      Marcus on noticing this smiled but his smile faded when a punch met his face.

       “ She is a fucking human being. Not a trophy to be owned ”He retorted

     “Ooh you think so? Or are you just afraid that you'll lose her to me?”

       “Lets get out of here” Andrew tried pulling my hand but I stayed unmoved. This has to end today.

        “Andrew” I called but he pretended not to hear. “Andrew ” I called again and squeezed his hand.

         “No shit cat” he said,turning to me “I love you so much and I respect you. Am not gonna let you be played around like a trophy just to satisfy my stupid ego. ”

         “I am me. And I own me. But you have to prove to the world. Prove to the world that you are and will always be capable. You shouldn't back down just because the opponent changed the rules. I love you too .” A tear slid down my face and I wiped it. Andrew squeezed my hands tightly before proceeding to the stage. He didn't have to yell am ready to Marcus for him to know what time it was Marcus just watched awestruck. He mustn't have imagined it. In your face.

                    💖🎸
Hey readers. This is to thank you all for being amazing. Every reads, votes and comments has brought me to this point and I cant describe how overwhelmed I am. This book is coming to an end but I can assure you this is not the end. We still have four chapters to read. To those who followed thank you so much. And to those who added it to their Reading lists, I can't thank you enough.

       If you haven't followed by me, you still can. Here's my username

@princess_Pearls