Chapter 16: Sheebah 2

"Sheebah!!" The name kept echoing in my head, and before I knew it, I started losing control of myself.

 I could see a young version of me walking her bike alone in the dark street as she clutch her bag tighter to herself shivering. This was the first time she was walking home alone, and she had to thank her bad bicycle for it.

 The sky was clouded even though it was just 6:00 pm it looked more like it was late at night and as broadcasted by the news, it was going to rain today. Thank God she had her rain coat in her bag or this bike would have messed her up totally.

 She tried to cool herself down but to no avail, and she started humming a random song to ease her beating heart. It seemed to work, and she walked less fearfully as the minutes passed until a girl ran into her.

 Her bike lost balance and fell down, but luckily she had a good stamina and was able to remain standing.

 "Ouch" She rubbed her forehead, that was now hurting before lifting her bike up.

 "Am so sorry. Someone is after me. Please save me. Please" The girl kept talking, begging her to save her, and she was in a tepid. She held the girl that was now grabbing her hand, begging her to save her.

 "My bike has a flat Tyre. I don't think we would be able to get anywhere with it" whether the girl understood what she meant or not she didn't know because she just kept shaking her head and begged her till she was now sure that she didn't process what she had just said.

 She would have labeled her as a mad person, but she knew she wasn't because she was also in her uniform just like her.

 "My phones signal is bad. I don't think I can get the police here at least for now" She felt sad for her and held her shaking hand still.

 She looked around for a hideout or anything that could hide them from the so-called bullies that were after and her eyes lit up when she sighted a bunch of trash bags sitting in a corner.

 An idea struck her mind and without thinking dragged the little girl to the place. They kept stacking the trash bag till she was sure they could no longer be seen.

 'She'd better not be kidding' She thought as she endured the powerful stench coming from the bags. Not long after, they heard footsteps, and she almost screamed when she felt the girl's hand squeeze her wrist.

 She was squeezing it so hard that she was sure it would definitely be bleeding by now but regardless, she endured the pain because she knew they would be busted as soon as she makes a sound.

 After what felt like an eternity, they finally heard the men's retreating footsteps. She didn't know how, but her instinct told her they were men, not the regular young bullies. She looked at the girl that was now panting beside her and wondered what she had gotten herself into.

   Her dad had always told her not to act on impulse and that was what she just did. She could have at least firstly asked why she was being chased after but no she had to be all good cop never sees blood by involving herself. When she was sure that the men were no longer around she stood up and pulled the girl with her, and they got out of the stinky place.

     Unconsciously, they both rubbed their nose, taking in a deep breath of fresh air. When she was sure that the girl was fine, she turned to her and asked the first question that came to mind.

     Who are you?" the girl bit her lips as she ran her hand over the other nervously before finding the courage, well at least that was what Cather thought and muttered in an almost inaudible voice. 

 "Sheebah. Sheebah Haqq." she took to her heels as soon as she finished and ran like she was still being chased.

   Cather found it strange as she watched her back as she muttered her name again and again.

...

 "Sheebah. Sheebah" I kept saying. My head suddenly felt light, and I could feel a headache coming.

   Rubbing my forehead, I opened my eyes slowly and took in the surrounding place. This place doesn't look familiar I thought, soon jolting awake when I thought of a probability.

   White walls, tiles, a sofa and a stand holding my drip, that was enough hints to find out exactly where I was. At a hospital. But how did I get here? I tried to remember but all that I could was someone shaking me awake before carrying me on his back and that person looked like... Edwar?

    "You're awake?" I heard a male voice ask in a concerned tone and my eyes fell on him unblinking like I was trying to carve every part of his face in my heart.

 This must be a dream, I thought. This can't be real.

I reached out my hand and stroked his face tracing my hand downwards to the barely visible stubble underneath his jaw

 "But it feels so real" I found myself saying out slowly.

   "Cather. How do you feel now" I didn't know if I was imagining things, but I think I felt him lean his face closer in my hands.

    "Why am I here?" I still asked even though I already knew the answer in my heart. The incidents I had dreamt about started appearing in my head, and suddenly I felt a teardrop down my face.

It surely wasn't something I could control because if I could, I would definitely not be crying in front of anyone, especially Edward.

 "What is the problem? Should I call the nurse? Do you feel pain anywhere?"

    I shook my head, but the tears kept falling. He was completely anxious now since it was apparent on his face and he kept wiping my with his fingers.

   "What is wrong? Don't scare me Cat? Can you stop crying? Do you feel pain anywhere? Sorry please don't cry? Alright that's it I am calling the nurse" He stood up to leave, and I grabbed his hand. Our gaze met, and I nodded to assert that I was ok.

   "Am not insane Edward. Am not insane. But why do I feel like it? You must probably think am insane too right? "

 "No there is nothing wrong with you. You're perfectly fine, don't say things like that".

 "But everyone says am mad. And I am starting to think so too" he wanted to talk, but I stopped him "I remember now Ed, I do".

 He nodded to tell me to keep going, and I couldn't keep myself from squeezing his hands slightly, trying to soak myself in his warmth.

 "Sheebah, I remember her. I remember everything. I saw her today, she. She knows me too. Yeah! she does." I kept rambling on and on, and he kept listening his hand still inside mine and would make a sound every once in a while to let me know that he was still here and just like that, I told him all I caw and...

    I felt somehow better? No more like relief because I finally got that heavy load off my chest. I was happy that I could at least share my experience with someone and feel comfortable with it. But why does that person have to be Edward? Why not shayne or even Becca? Is it because I like him?

    No. No that's not right. I definitely do not.