Chapter 17: Thank you

"How did you manage to find me?"

   Now that I think about it, it kind of looks suspicious since I was sure that there was no other student in the hallway except me and Sheebah?

    Yeah, sheebah I was talking to her before the in incident happened. I wanted to ask about her too, but Edward beat me to it.

   "I umm. I just happened to pass by, and I brought you to the hospital when you started screaming".

 I screamed? The truth is, whenever my episodes act up I lose awareness of my surroundings and the only thing I would remember when I calmed down was what happened before.

   I knew he was telling an untruth, but I didn't bother to expose him. The only students that remain after the closing bell were those serving detention and those that had other business to do. You probably know what I mean by that.

   "Aaah. Did you by any chance see someone else, maybe a girl or whatever I asked nonchalantly, or at least hope to come across as that?

   A look of confusion made its way to his face and even without him actually talking, I already got my answer.

   I knew I needed to find her but that could wait till tomorrow, right now all I need is to go home and get some rest and maybe piece some things together while at it.

    I wasn't as down as I usually would be whenever my episode acts up since I was able to get some useful information and that was worth it. All I needed now is some time to figure things out.

  "Actually Edward, thanks for helping, but I think I have to go

 By the look on his face, I knew he was clearly upset at how ungrateful I was, but he quickly masked his expression before smiling wanly.

   "It's ok. Let me walk you out" He settled the bill on his way out and as much as I insisted on paying him back, he wouldn't let me and since I didn't want to hurt his ego, I stopped bringing it up.

...

   We walked in silence, not beside each other but our distance was not long enough to see the others back. The silence was comforting, and I was thankful for the fact that he didn't try to start a conversation or press me into taking a ride with him. But beside that feeling was disappointment.

   Does he not like me? Or am I just overthinking things. I was sure he doesn't like me or at least harbor any special feelings towards me and that made me annoyed.

    The walk to the park felt like the longest walk of my life so as soon as I saw my bike in sight, I hopped towards where it was parked and rode out without looking back.

...

   The fresh air hit my face as soon as I got out, and I took in as much as I could take. I knew I was getting worked up for no reason because there is no way anything could happen between us but? What if I am starting to crush on him?

 I had gotten home when I remembered that I might have a class with Edward today, to confirm my suspicion I looked over my schedule and was proven right.

 As much as I would have loved to rest a little, I knew I couldn't since the school exams is in a few weeks and I wouldn't want him blaming me for his failure.

   With much discomfort, I groaned before rolling off bed then put my slippers on since it is December and everywhere and basically everything feels chilly. I had forgotten to turn on the heater before getting to bed and was too lazy to stand up when I remembered, so now I have to pay the price by having to prepare myself a cup of hot chocolate which I did eagerly before going back upstairs.

  Picking a set of baggy top and jeans since baggy clothes were my forte, I topped it with an ash pool over then went ahead to packing my English and math notes alongside with their respective textbooks before zipping the bag close.

    When my feet touched outside I told myself I should have been in bed but shrugged off the thought before heading to the garage. My parents were never home early and the little time they get to spend with us at night was never enough, not that I felt anything now since I was already used to it and at the end of the day it was their life and I had no control over it.

 I knew this wasn't one of the times to be riding a bike down the street but considering the fact that I'll hardly be able to hail a ride back home when I was done made me left with no choice. And yeah to answer your question I didn't want Edward to drive me home, not that he might even offer.

    I hadn't gotten far from our street when I realized it was a very bad decision, but I had no other choice than to suck on it and keep going.

 The floor was slippery, and I had to steel my hand on the brake to prevent myself from falling. Thankfully, his house was not that far from mine if not I couldn't tell if I had collapsed at this rate.

     I had gotten a security pass from him the last time I went to his house since there was no way the guards were going to let me in without it. After riding a few rounds around the house, I knew I had lost my way again and couldn't help but let out a groan.

 Hesitating for a moment, I removed my phone from the pocket of my jeans and dialed his number which he picked after the first ring. I wondered if he was already expecting my call or his phone was just with him when I was called.

  Of course the latter seemed much plausible, so I went with it.

 "Umm am in yours now, and I think am kinda lost. Can you come get me?"

     "What are you going here shouldn't you be resting at home?" Edward yelled in a mad tone and I rolled her eyes.

    "Tutoring? Remember? Just come get me it is really freezing down here" I whined, and soon, I heard footsteps in the background, he was probably on his way to get me.