Chapter 35: Strange

Everyone in the house were acting strange, and I felt disturbed. When I asked what happened to me, they reluctantly told me I had fallen down the stairs. If course I knew it was a lie, but I didn't expose them.

   What I remembered last was seeing Sheebah and Jenny's on the yearbook. I brought out my diary and compared the names I already had. Sheebah and Jenny's names were recurrent, and I circled them out. What could my relationship with them have been?

 I felt a headache coming up and rubbed my temples.

... 

 If I were to say I was frustrated, then it would be an understatement. I hated that I felt that my parents were hiding something from me, and I was already starting to suspect that they do not want me to remember. But why?

 They were more busy these days, probably because they had been looking after me these days that they had to pend some matters in the office. Moreover, Lawyers were different from businessmen as some matters needed to be handled carefully, If not, the repercussion would not be light. Besides the days of the court hearings could not be postponed by a lawyer and there were some things they needed to personally attend to.

    When I checked the time, I saw that today is Thursday and things I could remember last was on Monday which meant I had been lying in bed for three days but if I remembered well, I just lost balance and fell down. How did it then to something had to apologize for?

   I drew back the tears that were forcing to come out and sucked in a deep breath. Do not show your weakness, do not cry, I kept repeating the mantra in my head till I finally managed to cool down.

Starting at the fluffy bed and blanket that I had been lying on for complete three days, I suddenly lost interest in sleep. The doctor had that had come to check on me had said there was nothing wrong me and all I needed was exercise. 

 I had thought jogging would be fine, since I had hoped to meet Matt on the way but when I saw the room downstairs being refurbished to a gym, I knew matters weren't that simple.

 The security around the house had tripled and with no one but me at home, I felt like I was in prison. I took a glance at the wall clock and saw that there was still two hours before noon, my parents had warned me against going out, and I knew the securities downstairs were to enforce that.

  Smiling wanly, I picked out an oversize sweatshirt from my wardrobe and matched it with a head warmer before heading down the stairs. The more time I spent in the room, the more I felt confined.

 I slipped into my silky slippers and walked to the living room. I logged into my social media accounts and saw that I didn't get any messages from all except a failed Skype video call from Lisa. She ended it with a note, asking me to call back that it was important and that was what I did. I

 ...

   "I have been frigging trying to get to you for a long time now" She whined as soon as she picked up, and I snickered, something I usually did when I was amused.

 We could not be considered as close, as I have never felt any feeling of attachment towards her but at the same time I felt like she was someone I could trust.

 "Is anything the problem?" I asked. I had long since noticed that Lisa was trying to be close to me, so it was not surprising that she called. And as I didn't want to apologize or make excuses for not picking up her calls, I could only redirect her attention.

 "Nothing much, I was just feeling suffocated and wanted someone to pour out my mind to"

 "Ooh. So what changed?"

 "Everything's still the way and I think my brother is about to be released. I don't know how to feel about it though" I hummed for her to go on as I picked the remote to switch the TV on.

 "You know what my parents are like, my mom is so ecstatic but my dad has been irrational, these days talking to him is like walking on needles, and you know talking to him is inevitable" I nodded in understanding, even though she wasn't here as it was something I would do if she was here with me.

 I pressed the Channel number and the screen switched to E!. It was my favorite channel so far as I have never been a fan of movies and whatnot, so reality shows sounded like a good way to pass time.

 "Oh yeah. I bought some stuffs for you last time we went Christmas shopping. Should I have someone deliver them to you, or you'll send someone to pick it up".

 I smiled at how considerate she was, and the warmth spread through my heart. I have got to admit, she was a very nice girl, part of the reason I didn't insist on pushing her away, and it was saddening how she has to go through all that.

   "Aww. Thanks. I'll send my address, so you can send someone to drop it" I suddenly remembered the tight security and I quickly switched my words "Or no. You can send your address, and I'll send Biden to pick it up".

 "Deal. Just know I would want something in return" she reminded, and I smiled.

 "Alright. I'll think of a perfect gift."

 With that, we said our goodbyes and I hung up, settling myself comfortably on the sofa and enjoying the show.

...

 Third Person P.O.V

In an underground building somewhere in City X. A young teenage guy could be seen giving instructions to someone through the land phone.

 He was dressed in a pair of black pants, coupled white a white shirt, topped with a furry jacket, he looked exceptionally hot as his defined abs complemented the outfit very well.

 His lips curved to a smirk and rested leisurely on the chair, before hanging the phone.

   "Take me to them" He ordered the male beside him and with a nod of head, he was being led to a dark cell.

 The place looked hideous and scary for someone whose hands had never been bathed in blood but nothing seemed out of the norm to the other. In fact, it could be said that it was little compared to what he had seen.

 A pair of male and female, were chained separately in the dark cell and although their body still looked normal, their lips were cracked which was already enough reminder of the sufferings they had to go through in this hell.

 If one were to look very well, the male had lost two fingers and their faces looked deathly pale.

 An evil chuckle resounded on the dark and the echo only made it sound scarier. Even the aide beside the guy couldn't help but shiver.

   In his magnetic yet imposing voice, he spoke up "Long time no see, John. But I have to warn you, the days ahead is not going to be as simple. Jude, you can bring them out"

 With a single word from the guy, the couples were dragged out and when their faces finally hit the light, they saw that the devilishly handsome person in front of them was none other than the ninth master.