Chapter 60: Thë Ëmpïre

Background song: send me away by Rowlene and Nasty C       
     “ I have always followed my heart. And this time it leads me  to you ”
                   💖🎸

        “Hi Nathan” Rose greeted as she made her way towards him and I tagged along. Let me fill you in. Nathan is a hot, handsome, blonde boy with hazel eyes, a wide grin and also a member of Brain an association no one knows of.  Except me, jenny and rose. There had once been rumors that they kill, rob and sometimes import illegal drugs but as I said they're rumor and I hate associating myself with it.

        “Hi Rose and hummmm”  he looked at me
          “Cather” I completed and he nodded.

          “Yeah Cather” he winked and I shot him a fake smile. In reality I was grossed by his reaction but I made no attempt to show it.

         “so what do you want from me? ”  he asked, glancing up from his Rolex watch. His appearance screamed 'money' and his behavior wasn't helping either.

         “i just wanted to..  Um get to know you better” she replied with a seductive smile playing on her lips as she even struggled to keep her balance (if that was even possible)

          “Wanna hang out later” she asked and Nathan who didn't know what he was in for replied her with a simple yes before giving her a peck on her neck. Eew gross

 ....  
         “Told you it isn't that hard ” she said as we walked through the hallway. I still couldn't believe what just happened. All I knew was that Nathan isn't as simple as he is and am sure Rose also noticed that. Only that she didn't want to talk about it.

            “So what are you going to do now? ”

             “I think we will talk about that somewhere not so open ” she whispered and I looked around. Very much to my surprise, all eyes were on us which is unusual but I didn't care since am already used to the attention. Sometimes it amuses me how they never got bored. 

....

            The time was slower today. Or at least that was what I thought. I almost suffocated in biology class and that was all thanks to Rose. She had a thing for suspense and if there is a more explainable way to put it, curiosity is killing me. All I did was endure the past four hours and here I am waiting on her at the front of her Bugatti. Or that was what I was supposed to do until I grew impatient and decided to draw her out of the school compound

      I was shocked to see her making out with Nathan on the fucking school staircase. She saw me coming and she fucking didn't fucking stop. Bile rose up in my throat but I wasn't going to let it get the best of me. I watched  as Rose pulled back, giving him the innocent look and Nathan just shrugged before wiping off the smudged lipstick on his lips. This is so not good.

        “Hey Cather ”She greeted in an awkwardly good mood, acting  like she just noticed my presence and I also gave her the best of my smile. Fake smile. 

          “Hey Nathan. Good to see you. Again ”i said, laying emphasis on the Again.

             “Hey Cat ”He waved at me. I was surprised by how he remembered my name so easily but 'Rose just mentioned  it' so it is no big deal. Although that didn't make the stupid nickname feel good. It felt disgusting coming out from his mouth. He waved us goodbye before disappearing into the hallway and out of the school.