Chapter 26: No Answers

"I kind of guessed you would come along" Shayne mumbled indifferently. If I didn't see with my eyes, I would have thought she intentionally lured me here. Plus, her tone sounded natural, like she was talking about something usual, like the weather which makes one feel she was without schemes and let one's guard down. Yet, I couldn't bring myself to, and I couldn't help but feel a little fear for her. She was scary.

I took my time to check her out, from her hairstyle to her nail polish, then to her dress and heels, everything was styled to perfection. She wasn't one of those spoiled brat that liked to put on airs, instead she gave off a vibrant and playful attitude. Funny how I thought at first that she was dumb. Even as she washed her hand inside the sink, her manner and attitude was cool and collected, in contrast to the situation Lisa was in before I left, and I scrunched my brows, scrutinizing her carefully.

     A white Asian-like skin, plump lips, a pointed nose and tiny eyes. Her eyelashes were as long as feathers and I silently compared hers to mine. A nice figure, large boobs and a flat tummy and finally her long legs were to die for. She had the body that anyone could kill for, but her personality is something I couldn't get no matter how hard I studied her.

When I first met her, she was like a weak cub, easy to bully. However, on our next encounter was like a tigress, baring her fangs.

The rumors I have been hearing about her wasn't that good either but the side she shows whenever she was with me is different. Is it all a Façade or which one is her real face? That was a question for another day.

 "I know you have questions. But I have got to tell you, I don't have the answers" As she said this, she zipped down her cloth and took it off, exposing the sexy lingerie that was under, and she put on the spare cloth she had with her.

 "You knew I lost my memories right?"

 "What does it matter"

"I don't understand you? One minute you're avoiding me like a plague and the other you're being friendly. The rumors going around about you isn't even the best for a new student".

 She smirked before replying "I think you should worry about yourself more. What goes around comes around".

 "What do you mean by that?"

 She stared at me through the mirror and I shivered, her gaze was deadly but immediately her glare dissolved as if It was just my imagination, and she smiled before turning to face me and patted my exposed shoulders.

 "You'll know what I mean. Very soon" Without another word, she turned to leave, humming a weird tune till her voice faded to the distance.

 I stood at the same spot, dazed as I mulled over what she said. What goes around comes around?

 The sentence kept repeating itself in my head but fortunately, I didn't have any reaction to it. But what I couldn't understand was, I could only remember when I saved her, and for a victim, that wasn't the attitude she should have. So why was it instead of being grateful she was instead, resentful?

Maybe she was just taking out her anger on me, yes she was annoyed by what Lisa said and took it out on me. I kept convincing myself with that sentence but deep down within, I knew I was scared. This Sheebah makes the hair on my back... Stand?

...

 It was time to go home, since my mission had been accomplished, even though what it yielded wasn't fruitful, at least I was able to have a talk with her and get it off my mind.

 Shayne had been scared, thinking me leaving before the party even started had something to do with Sheebah as they had all seen me follow her to the washroom. However, I told her it wasn't so and since my mom was the perfect excuse then why not use it? I knew more than anyone else that Shayne was very scared no I mean terrified of my mom.