Chapter 24

Forgive my grammar mistakes.

Ray's POV

"Alex is in the hospital and he is in a coma."Sky informed us as soon as he finished talking to Ryder.

I knew something was wrong when the baby suddenly started twisting and turning more than usual. Ryder's sudden call confirmed that my gut was right, Alex was indeed in danger.

"I am going to the hospital,both of you stay here with Ray and take care of him." Sky gave order to Kevin and Keith.

"No... I ... I want to go too....." I told Sky with tears brimming in my eyes.

"No Ray, you should..."

"Please." I begged him while tugging at the hem of his t-shirt.

He looked deep into my eyes and nodded his head finally.

"But change your clothes first, wear something loose so that people won't notice your belly. I don't want people to make news out of you." He said.

"Okay." I said and changed my clothes after going to my room. Kevin and Keith decided to accompany us too.

We reached the hospital after half an hour, thanks to lovely traffic.

Sky parked his car in a private parking lot and we went inside the hospital through a private elevator. We didn't want to deal with crazy people right now.

Sky already asked Ryder room number and floor number of Alex's room, so we went directly towards his room.

When we reached there Ryder was sitting outside the room with his head bowed down, his left hand had plaster on his knuckle area.

I wonder what really happened?

As soon as Ryder saw us he hugged Sky tightly and started crying on his shoulder.

Looking at Ryder like this was making my heart ache. I know Alex was in critical condition but I didn't want to believe it until I saw him with my own eyes.

"Can I go... and ...."

"You can go and see him Ray. I am not sure whether we will be able to see him again." With saying that he started sobbing hard again.

My heart was beating really fast. How serious the situation was with Alex? What did he mean by whether we will be able to see him again or not?

I can't let Alex die like this, he did not deserve this. Ever since my biological parents threw me away from their house, Alex and Kevin's family are the only one who are nice to me.

I entered inside the room, Sky knew that I needed space and wanted to see Alex alone so he decided to stay outside.

I sat near his bed and observed him. He looked so pale and weak. His lips had lost their color and were looking paler than usual, same with his body.

The baby kicked me, I touched Alex's hand gently and lifted it up. I put his hand on my belly, I know the baby needed to feel his biological father's touch.

As soon as Alex's hand touched my belly the baby kicked again. And it stops twisting and turning like it was earlier. The baby seemed to calm down after knowing Alex was still breathing.

I grabbed Alex's hand in mine and said, "I still remember the first time we met, it feels like it was yesterday only. You were the most popular kid in school and I was just a newbie...

... it was my first day at school and I was late. I got lost while searching for my class, that's when I met you and you guided me the right way...