4

In a forest clearing outside of Mado, great wings were heard. The trees swayed in the breeze created by them and the sky was choked by their nauseous scent. Two great legendary animals landed in the clearing, one a golden yellow and one a ruby red, each bearing large wooden crates that could carry hundreds of men at a time. The creatures bellowed into the trees and men in green and on horses begin charging toward the crates. The beasts attempted to snap at the men on their black mounts and a strangled hiss was heard, “Hold, Beast! You will do as you’re commanded!”

            Two riders in black robes were perched, one on each back, of the great beasts. Chains hung around the throats of the creatures and they rattled like a death march. Once all the green riders were loaded into the crates the ancient creatures begin to launch themselves into the air, carrying their men.

            Meanwhile, the trees whispered in Mado. They whispered one word and it spread like wild fire among the animals and among the earth. They whispered of an ancient thing that should have never have lived and was thought to be long dead. One word that made the very waters shiver with fear. The one thing the Wind had not counted on. Dragons.