58

Emilia

"Aiden!" I yell, sitting on top of his warm, muscular body. He doesn't budge.

I shake his arms, and he lets out a small grunt. "We were up so late last night baby, it's Saturday let's sleep." He pleads in a groggy voice, "Come back here." He tries to pull me down, but I slip from his grip.

I tug the heavy comforter off his body and admire how his inked skin looks against the black silk sheets. "Hey!" His tone is deep, and angry. I don't care.

I jump up and down, far enough away from him so he can't snatch me. I rush over to the floor to ceiling windows in our bedroom and point outside, "It's snowing!" I squeal, "Get up! Ash and Ricky will be here for breakfast in thirty. I blow him a kiss as I rush out of the room, but I don't miss the smile that plays on his face.

While I twirl in my robe in the kitchen getting breakfast ready, I try and ignore the bodyguards that line the property and periodically walk through each room. I miss Howard, I know he's keeping my mom safe but I want everyone I love under this roof. But my mom has a life, and it would raise suspicion if I kidnapped her.

I lick the wooden spoon, making sure the pancake batter is perfect. I stiffen when strong arms grab my shoulders and twirl me around. Aiden peers down at me, his hands pinned onto the countertop behind me. His voice is gruff, and sleepy. "Change. Now." He kisses me on the cheek, gesturing to my robe.

I roll my eyes and playfully swat him with my hand, "Aiden, no one's looking at me. They're guards."

He rolls his lip between his teeth, "I'm looking at you." He breathes into my neck, his minty aftershave invading my senses. "And you have five seconds before I lift you on this counter so I can have a snack." I blush at his words and begin to run away.

I look back when I hear the sound of a pan sizzling, he's pouring the pancake batter into the pan, and looking wistfully sexy doing so.

I pull on leggings, jeans and layer sweaters on before returning to the kitchen.

Ash and Ricky walk in just in time, head to toe in cold weather gear. I can't contain my excitement. I haven't told them the good news yet. "Guess what?"

They both tilt their heads at me, Ricky grabs a piece of bacon from a plate while Ash looks me up and down in question.

"I have a bakery!" I squeal.

"Shut up!" She looks to Aiden, and then rushes to give him a hug.

"Celebration time!" Ashley runs to the fridge and pulls out a bottle of chilled champagne. Aiden takes it from her before the cork comes out. "Hey!" She scolds.

"You were aiming it at Ricky's head I didn't think you'd want to give him a black eye."

I pull out the orange juice, "Mimosa time." I smile, setting some glasses out.

We eat the 'delicious' burnt pancakes Aiden made.

Then head outside.

*

"Girls against guys." I state, drawing a barrier into the snow with a stick. "Loser has to serve the winner drinks." My mimosa buzz is slowly drawing to a close and tonight I want to get in the hot tub and relax while snow drifts around us.

Me and Ashley form a game plan, shielding ourselves behind a rock wall near the empty fountain. The guys immediately begin to pummel snow in our direction while we struggle to make solid snowballs that don't disperse into the air upon throwing them.

The guards realize our situation, and sneakily they get us snowballs ready from behind our barricade. They pack the snow in, creating a sturdy weapon. I lunge them at the guys, Ashley too. The guards can't make them fast enough. They sit, their backs against their wall, in their suits on the wet ground, normally straight-faced serious men. But you can't miss their smiles while they stack snowballs for us.