44

Emilia.

"There's more out there. Just find a boring guy who keeps you safe." Leo begs, his tone pure panic. He's completely oblivious to the giant angry man that's standing behind him.... or he knows and doesn't care.

A flash of black rushes in front of me, in a split-second Leo's body is slammed against the cedar walls of the bedroom.

Aiden's large hands pinning him by his shoulders he stares him down. His sculpted back is to me, but I can see his shoulders rising and falling frantically.

Leo scoffs, trying to move from his grip and completely ignoring Aiden snarling at him. "See what I'm saying? He was fucking listening in on us!" Leo yells at me, Aiden doesn't like that much. He slams him harder into the wall.

"Emilia, Go!" Aiden demands with a shout, I stay. Is he mad at me?

"Aiden." My voice is so small, so scared. I hope he knows I didn't want that. He can't think I betrayed him. Finally, he turns his head towards me, his face contorting with rage. "I didn't-"

"No." He cuts me off, taking one shaking hand off of Leo's shoulder and raising it towards me in a stop talking motion. My heart is about to beat out of my chest... does he hate me now?

"Baby, I know you didn't. It was all fucking him." He cocks his head towards Leo, who rolls his eyes in return. "Now go!" He yells, turning his full attention back to Leo. I don't want him to get hurt, not like Leo could do much to him but still.. he is a trained killer.

Aidens tone is venomous, "To respond to your stupid fucking remark about me listening in, I walked by the door to OUR bedroom, heard what you were saying to MY girl and waited. I wanted to let her handle this, but since you decided you would kiss her, I stepped in."

Aiden looks back at me, sighing when he sees that I'm still standing there awkwardly twiddling my thumbs. A smile takes over his face as he takes in my appearance, wearing the new dress he got for me. "You look stunning in red baby girl." he says, making me melt. I almost forget the situation we're in.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Leo shouts.

Aiden laughs, "You know the funniest part of this is when I asked you if you loved my girl." When did he asks that? What's going on? "You told me you did... you didn't lie. I thought about killing you then... maybe I should have."

"Emilia." Leo says, ignoring everything Aiden is saying. "No!" Aiden shouts, "don't you dare speak to her."

Aiden looks at me and mouths the words 'Close your eyes' I obey, and a moment later I hear a loud thud slam against the ground.

I squint, scared to see what happened but then as I fully take in the scene in front of me I let out a relaxed breath. Aiden stands over Leo's fallen body, he's slumped against the wall. Motionless.

I squeal, "Is he dead?" I ask in a worried tone.

Look, I'm not a monster, I don't care that he hit him... he fully deserved it. I just don't want anyone dead. Period. I've forgiven things that have happened in the past because every single time it was one hundred percent self-defense. My father was an officer... who was murdered. I don't take these things lightly.

Aiden steps over his body as he dusts off his perfectly tailored black suit. Giving me his hand, he guides us out of the room. "He's just taking a nap." He states, no amusement in his tone.

We silently walk through the front door and into the carport. The crisp fall air makes me shiver slightly; my adrenaline is going a mile a minute.

Howard opens the passenger door for me and then steps aside. I slide into the sleek leather seats of Aiden's Mercedes and wait quietly while they discuss something in hushed tones outside of the car.