36

♥️

The tall silhouette comes closer and closer as we struggle to stagger back, drunk and uncoordinated I decide screaming is my best option. I part my lips, inhaling the crisp air readying my self to let out the most blood-curdling scream as the leaves crunch beneath the man's feet signaling just how close he is.

To my absolute happiness, I hear Aiden's familiar deep voice, he's pissed, but at least we're safe.

"You don't leave this house without permission Emilia!" Aiden steps in front of me, his head tilted down. I'm kind of drunk, and I kind of want to kiss him right now. His eyes widen at the sight of me, "And where the fuck are your clothes?" It is probably the wrong answer but me and Ashley giggle in response.

He continues his lecture, "Not only did you put yourself in danger but Ash as well." He sighs, taking in my appearance and the way I'm swaying back and forth, "And you're drunk. Just fucking wonderful."

Ash walks beside me, raising her hand. Her speech slurred, "Chill Aiiiiden, it was my idea."

He directs his attention to her, "You didn't know where the lake was." He tells her and she falls quiet. "You, inside. I'll let Ricky deal with you." He states, waving her off. She gives me a small smile and a wink before exiting the clearing slowly.

I look back up to Aiden and gulp, his emerald eyes burning me. "You fucking know better."

I roll my eyes, getting courage. "We are both going crazy in this house."

With a swift movement, he backs us both up. My back against a tree, his large hand protects my bare skin from the scratchy bark. "You are making me crazy Emilia." He tells me, his eyes trailing over my body.

"It's not a big deal, we were safe."

He tries to look intimidating, and he succeeds but I've never felt threatened by him, he's soft for me. "You aren't allowed out of my sight." When I roll my eyes, he presses himself against me, his knee slightly opening my leg. As his eyes look down at me in my bra and underwear, I feel his length hardening against my leg. "You roll your eyes at me one more time and I will bend you over my knee."

I lean close to his ear and whisper, "Maybe I want you too." As I pull back, I watch his eyes darken, my words have excited him. He gently places a hand on my throat, my favorite thing.

"You want me to punish you." His voice is raised, I can tell it's half sexual and half anger of me running off the way I did.

I hear crunches of leaves, as if someone is approaching us. Aiden hears it too and turns around, pressing his back against me as a shield, "What's going on here?" Leo.

Aiden's body relaxes, then he rips his shirt off and turns back around to me quickly tugging it over my half-naked body. "Nothing that concerns you, leave."

I peek my head around to say hi, but Leo speaks first, "Em." Aiden growls in warning, I watch Leo smile, "I mean miss Emilia. Are you okay?" He looks at me pointedly, I'm glad Aiden is turned around, so he doesn't see the accusing face Leo has on right now.

It's too late as Aiden whips around to face him, his vicious gaze trained on Leo. "Don't ever fucking ask if she's okay around me." He places a hand gently at my cheek, giving me the dimpled half-smile I love.

"I'm just worried you're scaring her." Damnit, Leo. "Look at her chest, she's breathing erratically."

Aiden throws his head back in a fit of laughter, "She's not scared. She's turned on, something you wouldn't understand about her and never will, now make your exit." Damnit Aiden.

"You act as though she's your property." Leo says.

Aiden surprises me, squaring is shoulders and looking him dead in the eyes. "That's because she fucking is."

"That's so fucked." They get closer to each other; Aiden takes a menacing step closing the last gap that was between them.

"You're just upset because I'm the only man who will know how it feels to be inside of her." He spits, "So stop fucking trying. I see you, Leo, I have been you. I know your games, stop waiting. She's never coming to you."

Have they forgotten I'm here? No, they haven't. Leo scoffs and then both men turn their attention to me. Aiden's words send anger through my whiskey filled veins.

Throwing my hands up my eyes narrow at Aiden, "I'm fucking done!" I state, with a slur as I turn to walk away. Aiden gently grabs my arm, he's hesitant because he knows what he just said upset me but also his anger is palatable.

"Don't you dare walk away from me."

"This is me." I step out from his hold, "Walking away." I hear Leo chuckle.

Aiden's glare is venomous. "Emilia Banks." He threatens.

"Aiden Scott." I challenge.

Turning on my heels, I step a few feet away, "Get back here this fucking instant."

I wave goodbye, "Once you two figure out your issues, I'll return."

Crossing my arms, I walk further, but I'm not finished yet. I turn to look at both men who are currently glaring each other down. "Leo look, I know you don't get it. But Aiden's never scared me, ever. He is fiercely protective... but I love that."

Aiden lets out a triumphant laugh, his cocky grin making me melt even though I'm pissed. "And you." I point a finger at his cocky grin. He crosses his tattooed arms against his chest, waiting for me to smart off. "You've got to chill out. We went drinking in the woods and swimming. The mafia isn't in the fucking woods."

Aiden shakes his head, "That fucking tone." He warns I ignore him.

"What about the property comment?" Leo asks, shaking his head in disbelief. I look to Aiden, his eyes full of remorse.

I give them both a small wave, "Goodnight gentlemen."

♥️

I've got some really exciting things going on with publishing Aiden, so I'll be super busy for the next week. I will see y'all next Thursday the 14th 🤗

Are you Team Aiden or Team Leo?

Also, do I have any published authors/book bloggers who want to write a blurb for the front/back of my book? Send me a message ♥️