27

Emilia.

"Babe, you don't have to cook on your birthday." Aiden tells me, as he peeks over my shoulder at what's on the stove.

I hear him laugh, "Spaghetti?" I swat his arm for making such a cruel joke so soon.

I scoff, "I'm never making fucking spaghetti again, it's bad luck." I say, remembering the last time I did. The men came and took him from me.

I watch Aiden's eyes go wide, "Why are you talking like that?"

"Like what?"

"The cursing," He says, rolling his eyes, "It's that boy isn't it?"

Now it's my turn for an eyeroll. "He's your age." I point out, picking the spoon up to taste the garlic butter sauce.

Leaning down, he plants a gentle kiss on my neck, "He hasn't corrupted my sweet girl, right?" His tone is light but as he pulls back to study me, his eyes are serious.

"Of course not, I just have a dislike for spaghetti now." Why is he looking at me with such concern over a curse word? Does he think Leo has some sort of influence over me?

Smiling, he pulls me in. "You know I could have arranged something, a nice dinner so you didn't have to cook on your birthday."

I raise my brow, "You said we can't leave."

"We're in the middle of nowhere. With just me and you with enough security it would be safe."

I smile, "I'm fine cooking, I enjoy it. So, I'm assuming since you didn't protest the bonfire is definitely safe?"

He nods, "We're sitting on a hundred acres. This land is completely guarded and safe."

I ponder that while taking out the salmon from the oven, taking my time to glaze it while everyone shuffles in the dining room. Ashley helps me set the table. Once everyone is ready, I make Aiden's plate and set it in front of him, I wait for him to eat but he doesn't. Does he not like salmon?

The food is placed on the long dining room table, it's made to be a pass around dinner, but I prefer to plate things. Ashley has already made hers and Ricky's. Howard, who came in awfully late this morning is currently eating the pilaf I made.

Lastly, I look to Leo and see he hasn't gotten anything, so I begin to make his plate. My feet shuffle towards Leo but Aiden's hand wraps around my wrist. He gives a firm shake of his head and grabs the plate setting it down at my spot, confused I abruptly sit down.

Not understanding what happened I turn my attention to his untouched plate, "Why aren't you eating?" I ask, nervous that I made something he didn't like. He's been locked away for weeks with no food, I should have asked him earlier.

He leans over, brushing the hair away from my ear, "I was waiting for you." His voice is light and sweet but then his hand grips firmly on my thigh, "Don't serve another man again, understand? Especially not him."

He slides a fresh glass of red wine in front of me, I take a sip while I nod, understanding flooding through me. I feel a little embarrassed that I didn't get it before, but that's just the type of person I am.

Looking at the dynamic we've naturally placed ourselves in, Aiden is at the head of the table with me beside him.

It feels odd to be at the head of anything. I've always preferred the background, but luckily Aiden never overwhelms me with what happens behind the scenes, maybe I should ask though, help him a bit?

I take a piece of the salmon, enjoying the garlic butter sauce I made for it. I smile when I look over to see Aiden digging into the meal. "So, you like it?" I ask, biting my lip.

Looking at me with creased brows, "Of course." He says, with a mouth full of food. "This is the best salmon I've ever had."

Calming my nerves, I look to the guards dotting around the room. Leaning over to Aiden I quietly tell him, "I made enough for twenty people so let them know."

A smile sweeps his face, "Always the caretaker." I blush, so I guess taking care of everyone, but Leo is cool in his book, I have to hide my chuckle.

When dinner is done, I go to clean the dishes, but Aiden isn't having it. He sends me off to get ready with Ash as they take care of it. I imagine what Aiden looks like washing dishes, the soap suds on his arm. His muscles constricting as he reaches up to put a plate away.

"Which one?" Ashley's voice breaks my longing thoughts. I look to her hands and see short dresses in each one. We're sitting in her and Ricky's room, getting ready for the night.

"Ash it's a bonfire, not a club." I giggle.

She rolls her eyes, "You're nineteen Em. It's your birthday! If we have to celebrate it here, I'm getting dressed up and so are you. We've been cooped up for too long." She dramatically holds up the items, I point to the blue one.

"And for you?" She says, rummaging through her things, "This."

She tosses over a white summer dress, "I was going to wear a sweater and shorts." I tell her, but as I look to what she handed me I smile at how cute it is. Nothing daring or too much, it's just right for me, a little short but she's tall so that comes with the territory.

After running a wand through my brown hair, I slip the white dress on and it is, in fact short. I sweep the smallest bit of make up on over my face, knowing Aiden prefers me without it. Honestly, I don't care for it much either.

We make our grand entrance downstairs. The boys wait for us at the bottom as if we're going to prom. Aiden is looking perfect as usual in his casual attire. Black jeans with a black T shirt, I bite my lip at the sight of him. I'm happy we can make light of the situation were stuck in.

Aiden's mouth slightly opens at the sight of me as I step on the last staircase, he extends his hand to help me down while simultaneously tugging my dress down. "It's too fucking short." He says, grabbing his chin in thought. "but it's your birthday." He grabs my ass, making me giggle. "I'll allow it, only for tonight though." He squeezes my arm in the most protective way, my knees almost give out.

"This way." He says, placing a hand on the small of my back. I'm guided to a dark room but by the small flickers of light I already know what's in front of me. A birthday cake, the room breaks out in song and normally this would embarrass me but I feel so much love and happiness that I have to smile.

The only light in the room is coming from the candles, so it's completely dark in here. So when Aidens hand clamps around my waist, his chest pressed to my back I know no one else can see. He leans down into my ear and whispers in a husky voice, "I can't wait to have you wrapped around my cock later." he nibbles my earlobe and then he continues to sing the song in my ear. His voice is rough, rugged, full of want.

"Make a wish!" Ashley says in a happy tone, I was so flustered by Aiden's words I didn't realize the song was completed. I snicker when I look back at him, thankful the darkness hides my blush.

Leaning down I make my wish, the warmth from the candles disappears as I blow them out. The light flicks on.

"So where is this birthday bonfire!" Ashley squeals, grabbing Ricky's arm and heading towards the back door even though no one has answered her question yet.

I walk quickly to keep up with Aiden's long strides, my hand in his. "It's not far." He tells her, then he looks at me. "I'll carry you."

I shake my head, blushing. "It's fine, it's nice out I don't mind walking."

We make our way through the woods; I can see the flicker of light from the fire in the distance. Aiden sighs at the sight of Leo walking with the other guards but I'm proud of him for not firing him on the spot.

Squeezing his hand, we walk closer to the fire. I stop in my tracks when I see the gorgeous sight in front of me.

**

See y'all Saturday ! (Since it falls on a weekend, you know what that means... Multiple chapters!)