51

🎄

Weeks pass by in a blissful blur, busy but perfect. All of the rooms in the house are finally finished. The hardest thing to decide on was color schemes. I know how much Aiden loves black, so I opted on gray tones throughout the house to compliment his taste but also mine. Pops of color ring throughout our home. Yellows and blues bring vibrancy in.

Our designer was incredible, I've already decided that if me and Aiden ever get pregnant, she'll be the one to help me with the nursery.

Ashley is back in school; I was going to go back but I have a proposition for Aiden... I'm going to talk to him about it soon. After starting a little business to make some running money for Christmas my thoughts on culinary school have changed slightly.

I've spent all of December selling baked goods, our kitchen is wonderful for counter space and efficiency. The house has smelled like gingerbread and cakes all month long. I have to make extras, so Aiden has something because he eats soooo much.

"Wake up baby." Aiden's baritone fills my ears, "It's Christmas." He says, kissing my shoulder.

I jump up and kiss him passionately, "Our first Christmas!" I squeal, jumping out of bed and running towards the tree. I'm horrible at keeping secrets, but Aiden has no idea what I got him.

The house is empty as I walk through the halls, well more like run through the halls. Security is here, but with feeling safer lately, we've sent a few home for the holidays. Aiden walks in behind me, always calm and collected. I don't care how excited I look; Christmas is literally my favorite holiday. "Good Morning." He tells me, a grin peeking up his face.

"Good morning." I get on my tiptoes to give him his second kiss of the morning.

I walk over to the tree, thinking of how amazing it was last week when we went to a tree farm. Aiden got a saw and chopped the tree down himself. I was in awe watching his muscles work, his veins slightly peeking through as he chopped down the tallest tree in the lot with ease.

I went with a winter wonderland theme, a mixture of white and silver cascade throughout the house. The pop of color is the tree. We haphazardly put ornaments on, like children creating a painting. It's perfect.

"Okay, you first! I tell him, grabbing his box and handing it to him. He sits down, crossed-legged on the floor. I wipe the sleep from my eyes and watch him happily, our first Christmas.

He shakes the box once, bringing it to his ear to try and hear what could be inside. I wait in anticipation as he carefully peels back the wrapping paper. He pulls out a glass vase filled to the brim "sand?" He says quietly.

He smiles, confused "you got me sand? I love it!" He lies, trying to figure out what's going on.

"Not just any sand." I tell him, a smile creeping up my face. "Sand that we will be sitting on in a couple months! Just me and you, by the ocean with no distractions."

"This is too much." He tells me, shaking his head with a Cheshire grin. "But I'm so excited, where are we going?"

"Greece!" Out of his character he does a little dance, making my heart melt.

With a wide grin, Aiden hands me a large package, it's thin but wide. Unlike him, I rip into the paper with a flourish. Tears brimming my eyes when I catch sight of the painted canvas, "Aiden." I say, my voice quiet as I take in the sight of the painting, he made for me. It's gorgeous, fine line work and oil painting collide. He worked so hard on this, a portrait of me.

"It's so... gorgeous." I tell him, unable to hold back the tear that rolls down my cheek.

I admire the painting for a few moments longer before Aiden hands me a second, smaller box. "What's this?"

"Open it." He nods his head and I happily dig into the green wrapping paper. Pulling out a mask? I hold it up to showcase it.

Aiden smiles, "We're hosting a charity ball here."

I want to be excited but I'm a little reserved, "I know things have been calmer, but is it smart to invite a bunch of people into our home?"

He snickers, "That's why we're wearing a mask, baby."

I nod, "When?" I'm starting to warm up to the idea, it would be a blast having a ball with fancy dresses and raising awareness for a charity. I'm not sure which charity he chose, but I know it will be a good one.

"New years eve." He smiles, his dimples are prominent. "but we'll talk about that later, Merry Christmas baby." he tells me, sliding across the floor to wrap me in his arms.

We sip hot chocolate by the morning fire, going through our stockings and eating candy for breakfast. Enjoying our first Christmas morning before our home will be full for the first time tonight.

🎄

Howard walks through the front door with my mom in tow, her arm through his. He's been visiting her as much as we have, Howard is absolutely smitten by her. And her happiness is palatable.

Mom's reaction to the house was absolute insanity, she is in love and wants to come stay the night soon. The greenhouse was her favorite part.

We exchange our gifts, reminiscing on the past year and silently thinking upon the trials we went through and praying for a better year ahead.

The delicious food lines the dinner table, we crowd around and enjoy it together. Wrapping up our perfect Christmas day.

I wonder how this masquerade party is going to go?

🎄

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your families! And remember, Aiden isn't being released on January 1st, I'll be announcing it's official publishing around the middle/end of the month! See y'all on January 2nd!