20

Aiden.
♠️

Leo looks uncomfortable as we step into the cabin of the plane. I made sure Emilia wore my shirt just for good measure. I watch with amusement as his eyes trail to her neck where I left a mark, he turns away quickly pretending to be on his phone as we exit the plane.

I know he fucking heard her moans for me last night, normally I wouldn't want anyone to hear her sounds, but I just had to let this stranger know what's up. Emilia is a brilliant girl, but she lacks the ability to know when men are helplessly in love with her, myself included.

I get that he was involved in saving my life, but at the risk of her life? No. I just can't respect that decision. I can't respect any decision that interferes with my girl's safety.

I barely fucking slept last night, after waking Emilia up. I don't want to burden her with my newfound nightmares, but nothing can break my spirit right now. I'm about to be reunited with Ash and Ricky and Howard, all with my girl by my side.

Thinking about those four makes me realize what a lonely existence I lived before Em. Only ever caring about the next big investment or deal, never wondering about anyone besides myself. I'm successful because I was selfish, but she's showed me I still have a beating heart.

I still have issues with trust, I wish it wasn't that way but I've been stabbed in the back too many times. But Emilia, I trust her with my life and with good reason. Howard, one hundred percent. Ashley, although are relationship was strained I have always trusted her... and Ricky, if I didn't trust him he wouldn't be dating my little sister.

I wonder if they know I'm alive, I ask Emilia. She looks down, blushing. "Not yet, we didn't want to tell them such amazing news over the phone. Ash wouldn't believe me anyways." She giggles, trying to pick up her suitcase. I stop her and point to Leo. "Bags." I tell him, that's what he's here for anyways, right?

The drive is long, but I don't mind as Emilia keeps her hand secured inside mine the entire time. I'm happy but at the end of the day it's going to be a logistical nightmare for me if word of my 'death.' has circulated. I'm hoping where Ricky took over it's been quiet, with all the employees and financial advisors I have the business is capable of running efficiently on its own for a while so there's hope things will fall back into place even if I have to run my business through the safe house for a little while.

These are the thoughts I consume myself with on the drive from the airport, to try and calm my rushing heart at the simple fact that I'm alive. Business is easy to think about, money. Something I understand. The normally timid girl sitting next to me, I don't understand at all. She risked her life coming to save me in Italy. Why? How am I so important to her that she would do something so brave?

Why does she adore me so much, when I'm such a fuckup?

My pride won't allow me to ask.

The quiet driver pulls down the long path, I let out a sigh of relief knowing everyone is here and safe, and we are with them. I've always loved this cabin. I bought it as a safe house just in case the need ever arose, but the majority of the time it's used for relaxing when I need to get away from it all. I don't know how I'm going to handle so many people being inside with me... and Em. I'm too elated right now to really think about that though.

I lift her from the SUV after we park, making sure Leo grabs her bags as we head for the front door. It's not quite dark yet but the sun is setting. The pink sky washes over the mountains and tall trees, it's so beautiful. A much better view then damp concrete walls and chains.

Emilia and Leo walk through the wooden door first, Em didn't want to shock everyone into a heart attack so she's going to break the good news and then I'm going to come in. I can't fucking wait.

Emilia.
♥️

I step through the front door with shaky breaths, passing Aiden as he leans against the house still in earshot. Leo comes in behind me, leaving the door wide open so he can hear us. As he sets down my luggage I survey the room. First, I look for Howard; but can't find him. I assumed he would be waiting at the door to yell at me.

After I call for them Ashley walks in the room with Ricky in tow. She wraps me in a tight hug, "I was so worried about you." She cries. After hugging her fiercely, I step back and look at the two of them trying to figure out the best way to tell them such brilliant news. Ricky gives me a hug, which he's never done before. I really freaked them out.

"I'm so sorry I worried you guys." I tell them and mean it. I'm sure they were worried sick, but they're about to be so happy.

Ashley rubs her hand on my shoulder, "You can't run away like that, I know times are hard, but we were worried." I give her a confused expression and silently thank Howard even though I don't know where he is. I figured he had told her by now that we ran away to Italy to save Aiden but I'm thankful he didn't because she would have driven herself crazy the entire time we were gone.

With a weak smile, "Where's Howard?" I ask, peeking my head around the room.

Ricky speaks first, "He's... busy." Okay, that was vague but I'll worry about that in a minute.

Time to deliver the best news ever. "I didn't run away Ash, I went to look for Aiden." I say this slowly.

Her face falls, "Em." She says, a tear shooting down her cheek. She wipes it quickly with her sleeve, more follow.

"No, no. Don't cry." I give her a warming smile, not sure how to give her such good news. I knew if I just waltzed inside with him on my arm, she would probably have had a heart attack.

I grab her hand and sit both of us on the couch, her eyes looking at me warily. "Em, I know it's hard. But we buried him sweetheart. I can't believe you didn't tell me you were going to look... I- wait we don't even know who took him, where did you even start?"

"Italy." I say, clamping my hands around hers. She tilts her head at me, "Italy." She mutters in a disbelieving tone. She opens her mouth to say more, I don't want to overwhelm her. Me and Aiden both decided this was the best course of action, to let it flow into her body naturally versus just throwing him right in front of her, even though she would be ecstatically happy it could be traumatizing to see your 'dead' brother standing in front of you so abruptly.

Here we go... "You know that necklace he gave me?"

"The locket." She says, her eyes slowly moving down to my neck.

"Is that a hickey!" Her eyes cut to Leo, shooting daggers. I have to smile at her quick thinking, shaking my head I bring my fingers to the locket necklace and twirl it around hoping that she's catching on; I've never told anyone something like this before, I hope I'm doing an okay job. My best friend's well-being means so so much to me. I smile brightly, from ear to ear as the two of them look in my direction, it's hard to contain my excitement.

Her hand clamps onto her chest, Ricky looks like he's about to faint. "But Howard said the locket wasn't on his body..." She speaks slowly until reality slaps her in the face. "You found him?" Ash ask me in a broken voice.

With a Cheshire grin I give a bright nod, "Oh, we found him."

She carefully leans forward, "Alive?" She asks, her hands beginning to shake."

"Ash sweetheart, yes. Alive. Would you like to see him?" She nods vigorously and with a triumphant smile I clap my hands and look back as Aiden rounds the threshold. Ashley falls to her knees at the site of him.

♠️♥️

Follow my account or I'll kill everyone off, Just kidding. But for real, follow me. 😉