11

♥️

Following Leo's instructions to the T I place the perfectly curled blonde wig over my black hair and shake it out. Letting the long blonde curls cascade across my shoulders and down my back. I look at my reflection in the mirror, barely recognizing the girl in front of me as I sweep a deep shaded crimson over my lips. Heavy dark make-up adorns my eyes.

I walk into the living room to find Leo in a pitch-black suit. His hair styled to perfection, swooped above his forehead revealing his tan skin. His gray eyes move up and down my body once, he shakes his head in disapproval.

I roll my eyes, "What?" I smooth my yellow dress out, I wore it in case Aiden is really in there. He loves to see me in it.

Leo places a hand on his chin, "What happened to listening to everything I say." I look around the room, blatantly ignoring what he's talking about.

"The gown that I laid on the bed?" He adds.

"It's too much." I tell him.

He gestures to the bedroom, "You're the wife of an Italian mobster tonight, darling. Nothing is too much." He smiles.

I walk back in the room, my hands grazing over the thin fabric of the black gown. I'm thankful for the color so we don't stand out but as I pull it over my body I cringe.

If Aiden is alive, he will probably have a heart attack if he sees me in this.

My cleavage is the main attraction, I sigh in the mirror feeling uncomfortable in what feels like a dress meant for someone ten years older than me.

But that's the point, I can't be eighteen-year-old Emilia Banks right now. Tonight I'm Mrs. Madeline Greco. An American girl who married into the Sicilian mafia.

I stumble a little in the tall heels as I make my way back to Leo who now, thankfully, has an approving smile. He pulls some jewelry from his pockets. He lays a large diamond encrusted necklace around my neck and clamps it shut, the weight against my already tight chest is surprisingly painful.

I'm not used to such flashy jewelry or expensive gowns, but tonight I'm someone else. I'm on a mission to save the love of my life.

"One more thing." He says, pulling what looks like a garter belt out of his pocket. "Put this around your thigh." I follow his instructions, he made me promise to listen to him tonight. Once it's securely on my thigh he hands me a gun, I shake my head once, but he gestures to it again. I slide it inside the make shift holster; the cold metal feels odd against my skin.

I lay out my floor length dress and smooth down the material as Leo loops my arm through his. We make our way down the dark streets of Campania.

He leans into me whispering even though no one is around. "Now remember tonight, you're the wife of Luca Greco." He slips a massive ring from his pocket with a Cheshire grin. I laugh nervously while sliding it on my finger, I left Aiden's promise ring at the room. Too scared to risk losing it.

Leo continues his whisper, "Follow my lead and don't speak. We have an advantage here. I'm obviously not Italian, but I have a few ties within the Sicilian Mafia, which are their allies. It doesn't hurt that I speak their language and can blend in." He winks at me, his casual demeanor calming me the tiniest bit. But truly, inside... I'm screaming for help.

"I'm nervous." I tell him. He places a hand on the small of my back. "Don't be, I've got you." He reassures me as he hails a cab. "Always." He says as he helps me in the car.

We pull up in front of a mansion. Leo escorts me inside after we exit the cab. The mansion is beautiful decorated, white roses line small bartop tables and soft music plays throughout the marble entryway.