28

♥️

Aiden's hand wraps firmly around mine as we walk into a clearing in the forest. The large bonfire centered in the middle cast a golden light around the circular meadow we're in.

Lush grass sits beneath my feet as I walk around admiring the area. My eyes go wide at the decor around me. I was expecting a normal bonfire, maybe some marshmallows to roast. I should have known with Aiden, nothing is a small thing.

I look over to him, nothing the dimpled smirk adorning his face. "Happy Birthday." He tells me, guiding me to a beautiful wooden bench that sits on the edge of the large fire.

I was expecting for the wood to be rough, but it's smooth and glossy. "Where did you get these?" I ask, my fingers gliding over the bench. They remind me of the wood on the cabin, I note a few blankets laying across them.

"I made them this morning after I knew you wanted a bonfire." He shrugs, "I know it's not much and you would probably prefer something more fun-"

I cut him off with a kiss, looking around I gesture to everything. Multiple tables line the outer area of the meadow with different types of food. A hot chocolate station is set up, a smores station, all kinds of food and drinks... anything you can think of is here.

My favorite part is a banner with 'Happy 19th Birthday, Emilia.' written on it. I have to hold back tears at how thoughtful all of this was, my wet eyes trail to a small table that's playing music. Next to the speaker is Ashley's laptop, playing pictures of all of us on a slideshow.

"That was my idea!" She squeals, cracking open a beer and sitting on Ricky's lap. "Thank you, so much." I tell her, unable to hold back my wide grin.

"Aiden did everything else." She tells me, with a cocky smirk. "You've turned him soft."

"I'll show you soft." He warns, lightheartedly.

Ricky looks between both of them, "I'm not picking sides." He says, smirking at Ash. They proceed into a dramatic tickle fight as I look back at my favorite man.

"This is so perfect, Aiden." I can't believe he would do all of this for me.

"You're perfect." He tells me, his posture relaxed. It's nice seeing him in this state, just calm.

An unfamiliar man steps in front of me, handing a warm mug of hot chocolate to me. "Kahlua?" He ask, holding a bottle of liquor in his hands. I look over to Aiden unsure of who this man is, how did he bring people here? Is it safe? He slings his arm around me with a smile.

"Emilia, this is Dylan." We exchange hellos, Aiden continues. "He's been my chef for years, catering parties and events but there are few things better than his cocktails." He smiles, I nod to Dylan with a wide smile ready to celebrate and forget everything.

I take a seat in Aiden's lap and sip my alcoholic hot chocolate. "It's so good!" I tell him, you can barely taste the alcohol and I can tell the hot chocolate itself was homemade.

"Only the best for you." He replies, grazing his long fingers down my shoulders. I smile, watching my friends as they relax, this isn't something we've been able to do... ever. Even Leo is joining in on the fun, Howard is on his phone, Ashley and Ricky are making out... of course. It makes me giggle, I'm so happy for her.

Tilting my head to the side, I find Aiden already watching me. "So are we safe out here?" I gesture to the large fire in front of us.

"We're sitting on a hundred acres, besides no one knows where our property is. You're safe baby." I don't miss his use of 'our'