42

Aiden.

I'm still a respected businessman and I need to calm down before I rip him to absolute shreds. It's late, everyone is pretty much in bed minus Howard and Leo. They're in a discussion in the living room.

"Come into my office," I tell Leo, bypassing any hostility for now and keeping my tone neutral. I was infuriated when I got out of the car but as I busted through the doors calm reined over me.

It's silly for me to get worked up over an employee, I fire him and it's done. This is nothing more than a simple career change for him. He has to find another job. Hell, I'll recommend him to some of my friends.

He nods once, Howard stepping away from him as I guide us towards the large wooden doors of my office. Emilia trails in, I can hear her small footsteps against the wooden floors before she closes the door behind her. Howard rushes to speak to her.

Leo and I step into my office, after closing the door to give us privacy I round my desk. Taking a seat in my faded leather chair. Placing my elbows on the cherry wood I eye him as he sits in front of me, not saying a word.

I try to size him up by his silence, besides placing his hand on her leg for whatever reason one time, nothing more has happened. Yes, he gets in our business and yes, he oversteps but I'm a levelheaded man... sometimes.

I can't help the slight respect I have for him when he brought Emilia to Italy and kept her safe, and they saved me. Yes, he should have never brought her but without him she would be lost and I would be dead. It's a lose-lose battle here. Most importantly, I have respect for Howard and he's who hired him.

Leaning back against my seat I break the ice, running a hand over my tired face. "Leo, listen-"he cuts me off, shaking his head.

"Mr. Scott, I know you're about to fire me. I know you can't stand me." I nod in agreement with his words, "but you just can't." he states.

Why is he so desperate to stay? What are his intentions? "And why can't I?" I ask him in a bored tone, trying to access his intent.

He looks around at the art dotted on the walls of the cabin office, sucking in a deep breath he brings his grey eyes level with mine. "I take my job seriously. I'm sorry if that comes off as overbearing to your and Emilia's relationship."

I try not to scoff, "Overbearing?" I laugh, "You, Leo are downright intrusive, meddling, and frankly obsessed with her safety." I lean forward, shooting daggers at him. "Why?" Maybe I've been looking at this in the wrong light?

Casually, he flicks a wrist in the air. "As I said, I take my job seriously."

"Yes, your job is to protect her but I'm your boss, you realize, that don't you? You don't have to protect her from me."

He opens his mouth to speak but stops himself. "Yes." He says, lowering his head. "I'm sorry and I promise not to overstep again."

I shake my head, he's not understanding. "It won't be a problem at all, you're fired from Scott Investment Corporation. Effective immediately." I watch as his face falls at my words, he looks hurt and I'm starting to wonder if there's more than meets the eye than he's letting on.

"Tell me, Leo." I smile, knowing he will lie. "Are you in love with my Emila?"

Emilia.

The golden morning light filters in through the floor to ceiling bedroom windows. Aiden lays beside me, in a peaceful slumber on the bed. I get up quietly as not to disturb him, his emotions were so full last night.

Rage, Lust, Love.... Just so many things that came to their end last night. Leo will be leaving today. Even though Aiden has nothing to worry about it's for the best. We have too much going on for him to be worried about anything.