Chapter 37

I was itching all over, I didn't know what was the cause of this infernal itch, but it was killing me. I couldn't go for a shower, because I tried that, And it didn't work. I tried cream, but why would that work. It only says on the tube that it can be used for itchiness. It was infuriating and my arms were starting to go bright red with my scratching.

I sighed, scratching my arms again and as I did Cordelia shot me a look. Her eyes scrunched up, lips pouted.

"Would you stop itching? You're making me feel itchy just by you itching. So stop the itching." She snapped and crossed her arms over her chest.

I leaned back in my chair and squinted my eyes towards her "It's not as if I can help it, nothing is working." I sighed, "Nothing's working for my itch so I'm sorry if I can't contain it."

"You're only itching because your paranoid. It's all in your head." Cordelia mumbled.

"Aren't you?" I questioned.

She gave me a confused look, "Aren't I what?"

"Paranoid? Why aren't you paranoid?" I asked her, sighing.

Cordelia was silent for a minute, "I am paranoid, my whole body is shacking, I'm just not itchy."

I never gave an answer, and she didn't try to start the conversation again.

The room was quiet after that, and remained quiet until I huffed a sigh. It was the type of quiet that was uncomfortable to sit with, but you just didn't know what to say.

"He said he'd call, why hasn't he called already." I groaned "This is so frustrating! Does this guy like tormenting us?!"

Just as I gave out another huff, the phone rang. Cordelia slowly turned her head towards me, her body frozen. Her eyes went wide, her pupils dilated. For seconds all you could here was the ring, slow and defining.

"ANSWER IT!"

We both jerked out of our seats at once and scrambled for the phone. Cordelia's hands fiddled with the buttons as her hands shook.

"HELLO?! Hello?" Cordelia answered breathless. She paused for a minute afterwards "Oh-" she listened carefully again, as her eyebrows pulled together and her face became pale.

I could hear faint mumbling on the other end, I tried to listen, but I found that I couldn't hear the other persons voice clearly no matter how hard I tried. I only had Cordelia's facial expression to guide me if it was good or bad news.

She took the phone from her ear, stared down at it, and pressed end. Her hands barely rattled as she put her phone back down on the counter. Her eyes looked vacant as she stared down at the floor.

"It was him," Cordelia sighed, "he said he has some answers for us, but he said that everything is a little too complicated to be explained by phone...and he needs us to both come in..." She continued with a shaky voice.

I nodded and my fingers twitched in anticipation "Ok...where is it?"

"There's a car down stairs." Cordelia still sounded far off and still looked very vacant as she thought " He didn't tell me where.

I held my breath as I grabbed her hand. I could feel her body shaking, although she wouldn't say it, she was terrified.

Indeed, as Joseph said, there was a sleek black car with tinted windows waiting for us. We didn't question it when a man open our doors for us, we just got into the car and we were soon moving at a fast pace.

Almost instantly reaching our destination, it looked more like a well manufactured facility than more like a hospital - which I thought it was.

As I walked through the sliding glass doors with Cordelia I'm tole, I held my breath once again.