Chapter 30

It had been a week since Matt had followed me back to New York, since we exchanged our little 'heart to heart'. Ever since then, the staff had re-appeared, my mom told me they were going away for a while, only God knows where, and Matt and I had a very stable relationship going on.

Just thinking about it got me smiling into the palm of my hand.

Matt twiddled my hair around his fingers, spraying hot breath along the back of my neck, making all the hairs on my body stand up at once.

"What are you thinking about?" Matt whispered into my ear.

"Nothing," I sighed, "Just wondering about stuff.." I mumbled.

He raised his eyebrows in questioning, his hands stiffly pulled away from my hair, his eyes holding worry "What kind of stuff?"

"Nothing important. It's just that, as much as I love New York. I just don't really want to stay here anymore. I don't see why I should stay here. I think I want to come back to California and finish school there."

Matt smiled and nodded "If that's what you want, then that's what we will do."

I frowned "What do you mean we? Obviously you would have to go back to California. You wouldn't really have a say."

"Well, I can go wherever I want, and where I want to be is anywhere you want to be. Just me and you, forever."

I spluttered on my orange juice "F-Forever?" I stumbled, my eyes widened and I shuffled away until his hand fall from my waist.

"If you'll have me that long." He whispered, and as he said this his eyes never wavered from mine.

"Matt...I'm not sure you really realise what you are saying," I quivered.

"No I do, know what I'm saying...Em, you are my mate. You have been from the very start."

"I was not prepared for this." I whispered, I bit on my thumb nail trying to look anywhere but Matts eyes.

"I know, I get it-"

"No Matt, you don't!" I exclaimed "You don't. You just don't! Matt! Our relationship feels like a freakin soap opera! Are they together! Are they not together! OH LOOK! THEY'RE FIGHTING! BUT WAIT! A LITTLE HEART TO HEART! THATS IT! EMILATT FOREVER!" I huffed out a muddled cry, tangling my hands in my unruly hair, "Matt, you can't do this. We can't just get back together and then you openly tell me that I'm your mate and you want to be with me forever."

"I'm sorry, I guess that was-"

"Irrational, idiotic?" I questioned.

"Uncalled for." He sighed, rubbing his large hand over his tired face.

I huffed, groaning into my hands I peeked through my fingers to his concerned face.

"I'm sorry," I apologised.

"It's alright Em, I understand. You're not ready for forever."

I sniffed a laugh, leaning over until my head hit his shoulder "Defiantly not ready."

His laugh rumbled up his chest "So what do we do now? Because I don't suggest we stay here all day with all the prying ears." He lifted his eyebrows.

I chewed the inside of my cheek, nodding to myself.

"Why don't I show you around New York, we do have good little places around here." I smiled, turning my head around to the side I wiggled my eyebrows.

He grinned "Where to first?"

I wrinkled my nose "The shower, you reek," I joked patting his chest.

Once it had reached twelve o'clock Matt and myself traveled round the streets of New York. Considering Matts age, I was very surprised that he had never visited.

I turned to face Matt, bumping his shoulder "I was thinking we could go get lunch, I know this great little place and the owner is really, really nice." I suggested.

Matt swivelled in my direction, "Are you asking me out on a date, Miss Emily?" His lips stretched out across his face until all that was missing was cat eyes and the purple stripes of the Chester cat. "Because I would be delighted to accompany you to this unknown place to eat fabulous food."

I giggled and rolled my eyes, "Don't get to excited, it's a pizza place. Don't expect fancy butlers and tea for you to drink and stick your pinky out."

He glowered down at me, "Cruel joke, cruel joke."

I shrugged "You don't look too devastated."

He stalked forward "Let's just go to this pizza place. Shall we."

He made a crisp right.

I rolled my eyes "Oh don't pout, and it's going to be pretty hard when your going the wrong way!" I yelled.

Soon enough, we eventually made it to the pizza place.

The name in big, fancy red writing was called 'Selective', wasn't sure why it was such a strange name.

"Ever made your own pizza before?" I questioned Matt.

Matt shook his head and looked at me questionably.

"Well get ready, you're about to."

Matt and myself stood behind the cheaply made black counter, covered in ranges of ingredients. Tomatoes, basil, olives, pepperoni, cheese and much more.

Matts eyebrows were scrunched as I glanced over to him, his fingers rested comfortably on his chin and I could see the little gears in his head turning over and over.

"You seriously haven't made your own pizza before?" I asked him.

He shook his head "I normally never make my own food. It always has been made for me."

I shook my head, "First, we make the dough. Which we have. Now we need to roll it out into a circle, now I'm not going to help you cause your a big boy now and don't need my hands over yours." I teased "We then spread the sauce, put the cheese on and then add our toppings. From that moment on we just need to cook it in this oven over here." I tapped the black oven by my side to add to the effect of what I was saying.

Matt nodded "This will make me hungry," he said thoughtfully.

I looked at him through he corner of my eye as u bit my lip, "Hopefully for pizza," I mumbled, my finger slightly tracing the raised scar tucked away under my sweater.

His mouth raised up into a quirky smile and them flashed his teeth, "Of course, for pizza."