Chapter 2

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEP!

AHHHH! SHUT UP ALARM CLOCK! LET ME SLEEP!

"Emily! up! You need to leave in an hour! hurry up!" my mom yelled.

I stiffly got up and shuffled in my slippers all the way down to the kitchen. Counting the steps as I went. There was 35.

"I made pancakes, With icing sugar, some whipped cream, chocolate sauce as strawberries. Just like you like them." she spoke softly, trying desperately to lighten my mood.

"Thanks" I smiled.

"No problem, just thought you should have a big breakfast before the plain, you know aeroplane food stinks. So I made muffins last night, strawberry and chocolate, and fixed you up a sandwich, also a few cans of juice in there to. But I also chucked in some bags of skittles and-"

She was trying way to hard, but it's not like I'm complaining.

"Yeah, lucky I won't be on it that long" I interrupted her babbling.

"Yeah"

"So, how long exactly...will I be in California?" I asked.

"Um from now to...beginning of next year"

"THAT'S LIKE HALF A YEAR MOM!" I screamed my mood dropping instantly.

"Yeah, I know..."

"We will keeping touch though, right?!"

"Of course! I can't go a whole half a year without hearing your voice, don't be stupid" she laughed.

"Good..."

"Now, go get ready or you will miss your flight."

"Ok"

I scrambled up the steps and grabbed a toothbrush for my teeth. Then brushed my hair, then washed my face and put on some lipgloss. Then, obviously got dressed. Three quarter lengths and tank top..

I then grabbed my iPad and suitcase, and staggered down the steps.

"All set?" my mom asked.

"As set as I could ever be" I sighed.

"Good...I'm going to miss you so much my little m & m"

"Yeah...I'm going to miss you so much mom, I can believe this is actually happening...promise me you will call me when you can..."

"Promise"

"Pinky swear?" I bubbled.

"Pinky swear"

"And-"

"For goodness sake! Yes! Yes! Yes!" My mom yelled, patting me on the back.

I giggled half heatedly.

"Ok, come on now, its time to go"

I nodded.

She took my suitcase from my hand and dragged it outside, into the car trunk. Then, we took off for the airport; I'm starting to regret ever packing to go to California...I mean, I will miss it hear...dearly...

"Mom...I'm starting to regret ever packing" I whispered.

"Why?"

"Cause I'll miss you! I'll miss everyone! Even all the bimbos in my school!"

"EMILY!" mom scolded "Don't worry; I'll try to call you every night, Ok"

"Ok..."

"Here we are..."