Chapter 18

Cordelia was a tall blonde, perfectly curvy in all the right places. Really, she must have been a size eight for a teenager of like, 17 thats a low size... I wasnt even that size!!

she had perfectly manicured red painted nails, and perfect eyebrows, eaqule length and both looking identical. A very pale completion but very clear, skin a girl would die for, and a smile that would charm any man.

And she was still waiting for me to take her hand.

"I'm sorry" I took her hand in mine "But I don't know..."

Giggling she replied "Who I am? I thought not...let me formally introduce myself. I am Cordelia Scott, Matthews sister" she said grinning, her perfectly white teeth flickering in the light.

I was taken aback, Matty's sister?

"Do you know where he is?" I gasped, saying it before I knew I was.

"No, he called me, sounding pretty distraught and told me to come over, so I did. He looked pretty beatin actually. Just sitting outside that hospital room looking all fragile and depressed. He said he had to go away for a while, asked me to stay and take care of you." She said, looking at me sadly.

"But-" I stammered.

"I think he just needs his space, you know?"

My nostrils flared "Space? SPACE! HE FREAKIN LEFT ME ALL ALONE AFTER HE FATTILY INJURED ME! WHO DOES THAT?!"

Taken aback Cordelia sighed sympathetically.

"Matt's always been this way, he shuts down when something bad really happens. That or he gets really angry. I don't think he intent halt means to do that but trust me, he will come back, I promise he just needs, time."

Time...time, ok, I guess a few says away couldn't harm anyone would it?

"Hey, how about we do something? Something really really fun!" Cordelia asked, clasping her hands together and pleaded.

"Like...?" I asked, getting more tempted.

Her eyes grew dark and a sadistic smirk covered her lips "Well that's just up to where fate takes us, but we need hair dye, green preferably."

I grinned "Oh, yes..."

For an old prank, this was a lot of fun.

Cordelia and I went to the shops and bought green hair die for someone very special. We poured it into the mans shampoo bottle and silently hoped that he would wash his hair soon and get a pleasant surprise...

I was guessing it was someone she hated very much, since I didn't know who lived in the dorm.

"So, why are we doing this again?" I questioned.

"Because it's fun!" She giggled.

"And who is this guy who deserves green hair?"

"I don't actually know, I'm hoping he's a blond"

I stood up along with her when we had eventually finished putting the diy in the bottle.

"So you don't know this guy?"

"Nope" she said, popping the p.

Shrugging, we walked out side by side, I think, ideally like his girl.

"So what shallow do next?" I asked her.

She stopped I'm front of me, tapping her fingers against her lips. She studied me with a very concentrated look on her face. Her eyes traveled to my bandaged neck, and then up to my face.

She gasped "When you said fatally injured..."

I looked down "I guess we should get back, this is going to be a long story..."

We were both satin the couch now, both in pj's, sour outmoded by snacks and sugary drinks.

Looking through her long lashes, Cordelia listened intently.

"So, he told you what he did to me then, huh..."

"Yeah, I'm glad when he first walked in on me and Matty kissing, I smashed a lamp over his head"

"Oh, uh, anyway, please carry on..." She said, avoiding the subject of what I had brought up.

"Well. Matt wanted to go out for the day so I said no sand we shouldn't really ever and, he just, flipped on me..."

"What happened"

I gazed into her eyes as she almost pleaded with her own to know.

"Steve intercepted, a knife got involved..."

"And?"

I took a breath "They were both so battered, and bruised, no one would listen to me... No one helped us, I, I wanted to do something... Steve had the knife and Matt was going to bite him, I ran, right in between them, it, it was to late for them to stop and they knew that and and Steve rams int me with a knife and Matt bites me, the...the pain, was so...so unbearable...Matty zapped away, looking absolutely horrified and Steve was chucked half way across the room with it...the blood...just...poured out of me and it just wouldn't stop...I ended up behind the couch and...and a man got to me, and that's how I ended up in the hospital room."

"I'm sorry Emily...my brother doesn't normally flip like that, I don't know what had gotten into him, maybe he was just, starving...but anyway, no excuse...but don't worry, everything will sort itself out, for now, you've got me" she smiled.

Nodding I smiled back "I'm very grateful"

She put her arm around my shoulders, leaning her head on me.

"You know, I bet we are going to be great friends, who needs guys!sisters before misters right?" She asked.

"I guess" I nodded.

Sisters before misters huh? I've never heard of that saying before...I though it was bitches before bast- well you get that picture.

I just hope Matty will come home soon, we really need to talk...right?