Chapter 31

"Listen, if we are going to continue this relationship, I think we need to learn a little more about each other. I still feel as if we don't know much about each other. I guess we should have, let's say a do-over." I raised my eyebrows, smiling.

Matt nodded, wiping the tomato sauce off his lips, "Ok then, what's first?"

I cleared my throat and held out my hand, "Hey, I'm Emily Stewart. What's your name?"

Matt chucked and took my hand "Hey, I'm Matthew Scott, it's great to meat you Emily."

"It's great to meat you to, so Matt, what's your age?"

"I'm currently sticking with nineteen. But as you know, I'm really not that old."

"Oh really," I squinted my eyes, "And what is that age?"

Matt shuffled in his seat, cleared his throat and looked me in the eyes "I'm currently two hundred and four years old. I'm not really even considered old, my two hundred and four is equivalent to your two year olds."

I coughed, spluttering my drink into my napkin. "Two hundred and four?"

"Yes,"

My eyes widened "Wow, that's kinda gross. I'm dating a two hundred and four year old man."

Matt rolled his eyes "I'm nineteen really, I'm frozen in time. Forever nineteen."

I furrowed my eyebrows together "So what happens when vampires die? Do you burst into dust, what?"

He smiled "Typical question, no we die regularly."

"What about the sun?"

He snorted, "The sun is just a rumour you humans made up long ago. No I don't burst info flakes when in the sun. We are just more sensitive to sunlight. I burn easily and over heat more easily."

"Stake to the heart?"

"Well who wouldn't that kill," Matt rolled his eyes.

I rolled my eyes in return, "Sure ok, so what happens with the whole food business. How does that work."

Matt leaves on his hand, "Well, as long as I have a daily intake of blood I can eat food and digest normally accept the food all turns into extra protein. No waste at all. I can't get sick because there's nothing to bring up."

I huffed, blowing my hair out of my face, "Very lucky, very very lucky thing you have there. I hate being sick, it's positively horrible."

Matt chucked deeply at my comment, nodding his head "I can agree on that. I haven't been sick, well ever. I was born a vampire."

"I meant to ask, how does one become a vampire?" I questioned, leaning forward from curiosity.

His eyes bulged and he jerked away from me, "You don't, you wouldn't. Not now?"

"No no no no no no, no.. I wouldn't, never, why would you?"

Matt huffed a burst of anxious air out, "Thank God, to become a vampire, you first have to be matted to a vampire. If so the toxin in our teeth will allow the gene to be passed from the vampire to human."

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "But, you-"

"Well yes but not like that. See the vampires toxin has multiple effects, to enhance sensory, to kill and to change. I, unfortunately, have the intention to kill him who shall not be named-"

Voldemort?

"But I got you but because the toxin moved flower than meant to we had time to save you. And by we I mean the man in the suit that came while I was, not awake." Matt explained.

I nodded "Right.." I chewed onto my thumb nail, rolling over the new found information "So, what now?" I questioned.

He answered me with another question, "What do you mean?"

"What do you want to know about me?" I questioned, leaning on my hand for support.

He furrowed his eyebrows as he thought, "What about family? Amy siblings?"

"Yes, I do, I have an older brother, one year, he dropped out of school early and moved to England with his girlfriend. His current profession is teaching history in a collage, how he got that job I have no clue, he's younger than most of the students..."

"And what about your parents history? What happened with them?"

I sighed, "Once my brother dropped school to go off with his girlfriend, he was seventeen at the time, my dad wanted him to follow his own path, as long as he knew the consequences. My mom however wasn't like that, she wanted him to finish school, dump the girlfriend and move into bigger things when he moved to collage and got a degree as a doctor. They fought but moved past it. Then it was my failing grades they fought about. Then it was the house, it was too small it was too big, then it was who's taking me to school, who's driving the car to work, who's cooking the dinners. Everything was a fight and suddenly they couldn't take anymore. They divorced and moved on."

Matt patted my hands, "I'm sorry."

I shrugged "It's done now, anyway, what about your family?"

"I have one sister, and my parents, my parents are still together and..well are very rich. They try to buy Cor and I, it's because they were always gone when we were little, and now that they have time they don't know how to properly interact with us."

I nodded my head, "Must have been tough, I couldn't imagine..."

This was a new beginning for Matt and I. It felt as if when I first arrived in the school we just jumped into a relationship without a friendship first. It was nice getting to know him a little.

"So what's your favourite colour?" I questioned.

"Red, you?"

"Red, favourite animal?" I quizzed.

"Tigers, has to be."

"Mines hedgehogs." As I said that I checked my watch, "So, I think what we should do is go back and have a movie night, I have a bunch of movies ready to watch, whatcha say?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

"I'm in, let's go."

~~~

When the day had reached five o'clock, I had gotten into my pyjamas, waltzed down the stairs with a fuzzy throw and a popcorn packet ready to be made in the microwave.

Matt, however was in the tv room, picking out a selection of movies.

"So how does it look in there?!" I yelled over my beeping microwave.

"It looks like a bunch of crappy action movies and cheesy chick flicks. Does your mum and Mark even know how to pick good movies?"

I poured some hot butter into a jug and put the popcorn in a bowl, "Apparently not," I laughed.

Meeting him on the couch I say the bowl of popcorn between us and poured the butter into it.

"I don't mind what we watch, you know," I patted his arm "As long as it's not a horror, or vampires." I winked.

Matt smirked and popped a hand full of popcorn in his mouth, "Of course.."

---

One point during the night, I remembered that we had reached our fifth movie, going on one I'm the following morning.

After that I remember being lifted down into silk like sheets and being kissed on the forehead.