Chapter 14

Still snuggled up on the couch with Matt, I listened to his breathing and his heart. It sounded so irregular. He has an irregular heart beat.

Bumbum bum...bum...bumbumbum....bum bum...bum...bum...

It was possibly because of the transition into a vampire. Or was he born a vampire? I can't remember...

But it was probably because he is a vampire.

I must make a mental by to ask him about it. Because I don't know much about him yet...but then again. Life is full of unanswered questions.

Wow...when did I get so...smart?

Speaking of questions...

"You know...I was thinking...are oranges called oranges because they are orange...or is orange called orange because oranges are orange...?" I questioned, staring up into black bottles of ink.

"Personally? I think the colour orange comes from the fruit orange, as they are the same colour" Matt replied, thinking equally as hard as I was for such a weird question.

"But didn't orange come before the orange? Or was it that painters just stole the colour and used it for their evil schemes?"

Matty's eyebrows furrowed in concentration, the faint bumps on his forehead becoming visible "I'm not 100% sure"

"Orange juice is pretty good though..." I whispered, my nose finding its way into Mats neck. He smelled great...like cinnamon...not a lot of people like that particular smell but I love it on him...not that I sniff...him..you know that's...well...not me that's like...stalking but for the nose...it's...stalffing...

I'm glad he's not a werewolf though...I wouldn't like to be inhaling him and smelling a dog all the time...

Wait. If vampires are real so are werewolves...I wonder if they actually turn into furry things or the things in Harry Potter...

I wonder is fairies are real...

"Don't get me wrong. I'm loving all this unexpected attention. Along with the snuggle but this isn't usually the thing you would do. Is there something wrong, muffin?" Matty questioned while caressing the ends of my golden locks.

I lifted my nose out from the pulsing crook of his neck to squint into his eyes.

"Did you just call me muffin?" I asked, a giggle tugging its way out from the corners of my mouth.

"Yes, would you prefer love?" He asked me with an affectionate gaze.

"When did you get so...English?" I grazed the question.

"I've always been English. You just haven't realised until now. I call you love all the time do you blank that out?"

He's English? How in the world did I not see that? I mean the accent should have tipped it of but my brain is so agonisingly slow with...details like that.

"I've never noticed before, I apologise dearly, ol chap. Shall we make way down to the ol fish and chip shop and sort things out? Get a couple of pip pips? Maybe a spot of tea on the way? I really could go for a couple of scones. Or maybe, some bangers and mash." I snorted in an English accent.

His eyes bored into mine.

Had I gone to far?

I ducked my head into his neck forcefully to hide the amusement that clouded my face. Not only amusement. But the fresh sting of my flushed cheeks that could have well have been two good slaps across the old choppers.

His hands dug into my skin, not enough to hurt me, but it did tickle.

I literally flopped like a fish out of water and wrestled a way out of it, but he was much stronger, I was well under his control.

He somehow had managed to tickle his way onto the top of me.

I pouted at the amount of control he had over me but I surrendered. For now.

"Now that was not nice...my...love..." He murmured while his lips grazed the most sensitive part of my neck. Not to mention, where my pulse was, and it was racing.

I whimpered and stabbed my nails into the palms of my hands.

"Now...we wouldn't want...something to happen to that...delectable...neck of yours now...would we?" Matt whispered, grazing his sharp pointers over the pulse of my neck "It would be so...easy, as easy as a paper cut..."

I scrunched my eyes up and took a long breath, he wouldn't do it...would he?

His teeth grazed my neck harder than before, giving me a pinch to test me, then another, and another.

"Open your eyes" he whispered in my ear gently.

I slowly parted my eyelashes, gazing into dark pools.

"I would never, ever hurt you, and I will never drink from you. Unless you ask me to" he spoke reassuringly. His eyes showing her that he was indeed telling the truth.

I slowly nodded to him.

The corners of his mouth twitched and he bent down. Grazing his lips against mine this time.

This wasn't so bad...it was just a disappointment in that matter of months I'd be leaving him. But it was a long time until that happens.

Glad that I just live in the moment...

Just a small chapter to break the ice back into this again. And for the new year.

Happy new year people's! Make it a good one xx

Ps.

Just wanted to say that the people who actually stick with the story after so meany months of not updating well hopefully that won't happen again. And as u go along u will hopefully see a plot starting to form???

Thanks so much

All my love for the new year! Xx