Chapter 23

Emily's POV

I dreamt a dream today. It was so real that I almost believed it before the shrill ring of the pilots bell woke me to say that we were landing.

I placed my hand over my eyes, my body was rejecting the false reality I once believed. It tingled and had an unusual spark to it that felt like something entirely different.

Traveling down to my neck it still had a cold sweat.

A bump of reality is what I needed. And I would get as soon as this bloody plane landed!

It was agonising to think that I was about to touch down back in New York. Sure. I missed everyone dearly, but just after the first few weeks I lost touch.

Mum got busy. Mel got sidetracked. We hardly spoke. Now I left the people who I did keep in contact with to go back to the ones I barely even know now.

That was including my own mother.

Lets just say I wasn't quite up to ecstatic.

It's just my mum. I don't need to be nervous. It's my mum. I wasn't really nervous when I went to live with dad...

There's something wrong with me...

I shook the thoughts away once I grabbed my suit case.

I made my way out to the car park and set out in search for my mums red car. I just hoped she didn't get a new car.

Spotting the car almost instantly I dumped my case in the back and jumped in the passenger seat.

Turning to greet her I was shocked to see a man driving the car. He had brown hair, short in a boyish look, I anything way to old for him, he had a sharp jaw line and a welcoming smile that went with his doe like brown eyes.

My mouth hung "I am so sorry, I have the wrong car" I panicked, hyperventilation nearly struck.

"No no, Emily right? I'm Mark. Your moms boyfriend."

My eyes popped open. Boyfriend. Boyfriend. BOYFRIEND.

NO. HE LOOKED AT LEAST 10 YEARS YOUNGER!

"If you don't mind me asking, How old are you?"

He chuckled "Im 38, I'm not that younger than your mother don't worry."

4 years younger. That still..ok. Not that bad but. He's in his 30's!

"You know my mums 42, right? I know she looks 38 but you know she's not, right?"

His eyes shut as he near a ouch snorted "Yes. Yes I know what age she is"

I gasped "And you know she had a 17 year old daughter. Right?"

He nodded, putting the car in drive.

"I mean. We both are vampires and stopped ageing at the same age so age is really but a number."

"Stopped ageing how did..." I stopped mid sentence and gasped.

"MY MOMS A VAMPIRE?!"

I passed back and forth in the living room, glaring at the green carpet that, without a doubt wasn't there when I left.

"I'm so sorry. I never new that she didn't know." Mark whispered, while my mum clenched at his hand.

"It's ok Mark. She was bound to find out sooner or later after living with a whole school of them" mom whispered back.

I stopped in my tracks.

"So. Boyfriend. Huh? And a vampire at that. My welcome had officially gotten to drastic for me to handle" I mumbled.

"Honey. This doesn't make anything more different. I am still the same as I was when you left." Mom spoke.

I laughed "But your not. You said you were to busy in your work to call me as often as you did. Turns out. It was because of mr 38 over here." I said rigidly.

Her head tilted a little, saddens covering her face.

"You didn't even know when I found a great guy. Or when I found a great friend. Or when I was in the hospital because no one could get a hold of you!"

"Wait, what?" She asked.

I shook my head "Nothing, it happened ages ago."

"Look honey, I am really sorry but you were always so busy when I did call, you were happy and I knew that, so I gave you just a little space to be with your dad. You really needed to connect with him"

I glared at her "You call that an excuse? Nice. It's great to see you still can't lie. So. Onto another thing. Mr 38 over here. What's up with you" I questioned.

"Um, well. In what context does that mean?" He asked.

"You and mom. What's up with that"

"Oh, we are business partners, I just joined the company a few months back and well. We had a lot of joined work and I think something just clicked" he shrugged.

"And she makes you happy?"

"Yes"

"And you really do love her"

"Yes. I do"

I smiled "Then I guess it's all good. But if you ever hurt her I will personally chop off your private areas and feed it to a dog. Got that?"

Gulping slightly he nodded. Fear clearly radiating off of him.

"So! Honey, I was going to tell you earlier but, Mark and I have had a great few months together and I know it might be a tad early for your liking but we have decided to move in with each other...I've already moved all our stuff" mom whispered to me.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked, my eyes widening "so we drove all the way here and we need to drive all the way somewhere else?" I questioned.

"Unfortunately yes, but don't worry. You will love it."

And I did love it. What my mom didn't tell me was that her boyfriend was a so called BILLIONAIRE! A mansion and everything.

Outside it looked huge and fancy, but it looked old which added real texture to it.

Inside the house was even larger, marble flooring, expensive paint jobs.

"Honey, what I didn't tell you was about our job, I was promoted not so long ago and, well, we travel a lot around the globe now, and I'm sorry but unfortunately we have to leave for china soon, so to get settled in, take a shower, your room is up three flights of stairs and to your right. Have fun"

Oh and I was definitely having fun.

I lay in the wonderful jacuzzi, that I had to myself! it was in my bathroom and everything! A bath tub for two, a shower that didn't even look like the shower in ,y old house, it was square, up above on the felling and sprinkled down on you like rain. And the jacuzzi. My god. Heaven.

The bedroom was even better, silk sheet fitted on the king sized bed, a flat screen tv on the wall and a gigantic window which slides out to be door leading out to look onto the garden. And I don't even want to stay on my closet.

I could get use to it here...

And that was the first moment I forgot about Matt.

Kinda crap but, at lest it's an update? No, ok XD the next chapter will be much better. Hopefully.