Colby

The young semi-lycanthrope wizard had had his share of suspicions, and his instincts were usually right. Including in this one, and he really couldn't believe it.

He had encountered the villain of the case only recently. "Out of my way, West!" he had said to Colby, shooting a glare that Colby remembered well from the past. The glare that sent shivers down his spines. The raging expression that made it so conflicting before, and even so now.

The unexpected encounter was made somewhere in the outskirts of town, when he noticed him navigating north up to what he correctly guessed as the pack residence, where his friends and distant relatives lived. And he knew he had to stop him.

He had tried with no luck.

First, he tried to avoid Colby, but he stopped him only with a grip of hand. "Leave me alone, Cole."

"Please don't do this," Colby implored. "You can come back and join us."

The boy scoffed. "What the fuck are you talking about? You don't have shit for me there!"

"Please don't make me hurt you," Colby said. "Just ... come back! Our team will understand ... you should join SWAT again, man. We have a place for you there—"

"Stay out of it, you fucking dog!"

Colby had been prepared for the spell that was about to come, because he remembered it all too well. From the duels in their old classes, his moves had been too predictable.

So finding a counter-spell wasn't so difficult. But he was already leaving when Colby tried to regain composure.

"Stay out of my fucking business, because you know nothing. Stop acting like you care, Cole."

But he did. And that's the fucking issue, really ... it was all the stupid lingering feelings, and the stupid concerns he had for him ...

**********

He almost felt bad for breaking into the door of one of the rooms in the Main House. Especially when Mr. Sebastian and Callan were deep in ecstasy snuggling into each other.

"Mr. Sebastian!" Colby said as he faced the vampire wizard with no shirt on the bed, with his mate clung to his side. "They're here!"

"What the fuck, West?" Parker grimaced. "Forget such a thing as knocking?"

"I'm really sorry, but they're here ... the whole team! I don't know what else to do!"

Colby rushed to Parker and took out the compact amulet that alerted of Vutoir's clan around the neighborhood. If Parker was worried about this, he didn't seem to show it.

"Have you alerted the Alpha?" he asked.

"What's going on?" Callan said sleepily, just having to have his good sleep interrupted. Sorry, Cal.

"Yes," Colby said.

"What about your team, West?"

"I've asked SWAT to send in the nearest squad to help us out there. I believe they're all heading towards Claire's sister house now."

"Then we're good to go."

Parker ended up sending an emergency communicative ghostling to the Coven and the Royal Palace regarding Vutoir's clan. Colby knew Parker usually preferred the rogue route in his mission, so it was quite refreshing to see him helping the Coven with the bounty-hunting of this fucked up wizards.

Maybe one day they would stop seeing his as a monster, because he was more than that.

He was a snuggly monster—

Colby wanted to slap himself.

"Let's go," Parker said as he rushed Colby along. He guessed that Callan was asked to stay there, because when they started to leave, he started to act like a baby, insisting on his mate to bring him along. Classic Callan was what he'd like to call it.

Well ... it's motherfucking showtime!