Parker

In the twilight, the sky held a tinge of a view of how the full moon would look like a few hours. Parker smiled, sitting down sucking down blood from a wild bird he caught in the woods, leaning his back on a large bark of an old-looking tree. He and Theodore were hiding behind the trees in the seam of the woods, as the other boy spotted any targets for them to make sure the enemy would be captured tonight. Parker was once surprised that Theo had actually had a good plan—the werewolves would be out hunting in their wolf bodies; the target could be caught by weakening his lycanthropic energy.

"Alright," Theodore said, "got him."

Parker eagerly struggled to stand up, wiped bloodstain off the corner of his lips and took a peek. "Where?"

"That guy." Theodore pointed out to a boy around his own age, only bulkier in sight. "That's the target."

Parker grumbled as he started to feel hot with anger. "That's not the boy!"

"Of course," Theodore explained calmly. "That's his brother."

The vampire wizard turned to look at Theodore, demanding explanation.

Theo breathed in. "Can you do like anything that can be passed on to his brother so he can pass it on to him, though? You're Parker Sebastian, for fuck's sake."

"And any reason why you can't find the boy himself? I should've known you're useless," Parker hissed at Theodore, walking a few steps backwards to avoid spelling the boy dead.

"He's somewhere ... I can't spot him. Maybe Jace is fucking him ... I don't know."

Parker reached into the pocket of his robe for his wand. Suddenly he noticed Theodore's face changing, like he was angered by something. By what, he didn't know. Not that he cared, though.

"I want him dead tonight," Theodore continued. "Killing one of them is hitting two birds with one stone."

"Well ..." Parker murmured as he advanced towards Theo, "hold that fantasy for a second. Now give me that piece of clothing I commanded you to retrieve."

Theodore fiddled into the pocket of his jeans, grumbling as he pulled out a small red fabric. Later, he held it out to Parker, and the vampire didn't know whether to laugh or be rocketed out of the galaxy due to how pissed he was.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" he almost shouted for the whole woods to wake up. "A fucking underwear? You trying to be funny?"

"I am not," defended Theodore. "We can't wear clothes to change forms, you idiot. This is all you get."

"Might as well I spell his fucking dick," Parker said. "How would you get him to wear these bloody panties, then? Just wear it over his head? You're one fucking useless scum."

"Are you braindead? Of course we won't have our dicks hanging out during the gathering—this is why I give you this boxer brief."

Parker wanted to argue further, but he was starting to get worn out to do so. He expected Theodore to at least have a headband, a rubber band or even a shoelace, so when he saw the boxer brief he just wanted to throw the boy off the cliff. He shook his head, snatching the underwear off Theodore's hand and figured out a spell. "Uddrag: energi."

A faint yellowish spark engulfed the fabric, leaving a subtle coolness to Parker's hand.

"English, please," Theodore interrupted. "What are the spells for?"

"It's nothing a fool like you should know." Parker turned to look at Theodore. "Now give me your hand."

"Come on," Theodore grumbled. "You barely share anything about your magic powers to me. After this is all done we might separate ways, so what's the harm?"

Parker grunted, advancing towards Theodore abruptly, making the other boy jump. The wizard tugged Theodore's hand hard, gripping around his wrist, forcing his palm to open. Parker swung his wand as he chanted, "Replikere."

"Ow!" Theodore shouted and jolted backwards in shock, and Parker rolled his eyes. There was nothing much one would feel when they were in contact of mundane spell sparks—Theodore was just exaggerating.

"What's that again?" Theodore continued, frowning at the vampire wizard.

"Danish," Parker explained, sighing as he went on. "Spells are simple words in other languages. The more foreign the language is to the magician, the stronger the spell will be."

"Foreign?" asked Theodore. "But you know Danish, so how's it foreign to you?"

"I have to change different languages often when casting spells," Parker said, sounded calmer this time, as if he was picking up interest to talk about magic. "A few hours ago I chanted in Chinese; the last time I mouthed in Danish was about last week."

"Ah, that explains it." Parker watched as Theodore peeked into his palm in awe, staring right at the bright orange glow on his hand.

Parker smacked Theodore on the head, ignoring as the boy winced and groaned in pain. "Stop fucking around," he said. "Don't touch anything with that hand. Don't touch anything but that brother you told me you saw."

"Can you not take advantage of my powerlessness for once?" Theodore said. "You're a prick."

"That's for being a pussy," Parker said. "Now ... on your hand is a spell that will make you appear exactly like someone or something you touch. It lasted about twenty minutes or so ... that's the time you get to be in disguise as that fucking brother you can only manage to spot."

"So what?" Theodore retorted. "If I touch this tree I'll be the fucking tree, then?"

That got Parker to pull his ear so hard that it could tear apart. "Oh, alright, then! Be a fucking tree then sneak into that fucking house to give this fucking underwear! Why do I have to deal with such a shit-brain like you?"

"Oh ... okay, okay, now let me go!" Theodore said, struggling to get himself free of the painful ear tug. He rubbed his ear, and if he thought making a sad face would earn Parker's sympathy, he was dead wrong. "So ... I bet the underwear's spelled too?"

"Get that fucker to wear it, and he won't be able to have enough energy for tonight," Parker said. "That way, it'd be easy to knock him down."

Theodore suddenly flashed a smile, the kind that made Parker worry during the werewolf fighting game the other day. His thirst for death could be dangerously eerie, and Parker thought he was supposed to have the same kind of desire for vengeance. But he was feeling quite empty ... and deep inside, he sensed doubt.

No, you'll get this. You'll kill him tonight or die.

"So I'll undercover as the brother, sneak into the house and get him to wear this?" Theodore held up the red boxer brief with his other hand.

Parker nodded.

"Ah, that won't be tough." Theodore then walked past him, walking out of the trees, having the smile fixed on his face.

Parker watched, standinghidden behind one of the barks there as Theodore strode past the crowd to thetarget, touched his shoulder and switched form to appear exactly like him in ablink of an eye.