Nathan

Only Nathan clearly lied.

Keith could never be his friend, or his stepbrother, or whatever the bullshit notion his father had in mind.

The nature itself was pushing the two of them closer together as a pair, as two souls that was supposed to become one entity. Nathan found this so funny, and the more he spent his hours with Keith, he couldn't help not caring about the threat and the danger his mother warned him about.

He loved sensing Keith's jealousy just having to see him side by side with Colby. He loved that Keith wasn't exactly secretive about his feelings, how quick he was to show surrender due to his desires. He couldn't help it, especially as they walked hand in hand together wandering nowhere, to visualize how beautiful it would be for them to live together soon. The two of them would have their stepbrother acts on, but who knew what'd happen when they were alone?

Nathan smiled to himself, because Keith was pretty much wordless too. Just closing their distance between each other felt so heavenly.

As they walked hand in hand, he sensed something peculiar in his head, as the sense of Keith's emotions came to drift slowly out of his veins, only replaced with emptiness. Later, he felt hot on the inside, as if something foreign was entering his system, the same kind of sensation he'd felt when he was attacked with the hallucinations. But now it was different; Nathan felt as if somebody was lighting him up on fire, and the hotness didn't go away ...

He stopped and squatted down, shutting his eyes closed. He tried to breathe. You can fight this, Nathan ... you can't lose this ...

"What's wrong? Nathan, are you okay?"

He didn't answer, only able to shake his head.

"Um ... the hallucinations again? God, you scare me ... should I seek help?"

Nathan shook his head again, forcing himself to stand up. "Yeah ... kinda, the hallucinations ... but don't worry ..."

"Are you sure you're alright? I still don't know why you're having all these things."

He pulled Keith abruptly and pressed their bodies closed, and felt himself soothing again.

"It's a normal thing ... happens to some werewolves ... I'm fine ..."

Nathan leisured in a comfort of being close to his mate; he closed his eyes and imagining them kissing for the first time, and how he wished he could just do it right then and there.

"Are you sure it's a normal werewolf thing?" Keith asked.

"Yes ... it's like ... uh, period pain ..." Nathan breathed out.

Keith let out a loud cackle to that. "That's certainly not true."

"It is ..." Nathan tried to say, but the dizziness was coming back. Then he sensed it coming; the invasion had a source, a root ... Nathan looked around, and a shadowy figure went out in a whoosh right in the corner of his eyes. It went to the direction of the opening of the woods ... although the figure was no longer visible, the senses it had still lingered in Nathan's veins. He started to move, already pushing Keith gently off him.

"You should go inside first," Nathan said. "If Dad ask, tell him I'm meeting the Alpha."

"Are you meeting the Alpha?" Keith asked.

"Um ... yes," he said. "Be right back."

Nathan marched forward, taking in so many deep breaths as he advanced towards the area of the woods. As he neared it he could hear faint whispers, sounding almost like a ghostly wisp. He ignored them, following his sense to bring him to where the figure was at.