Parker

The next time he woke up, it was his first morning as Bradley Parker Robinson.

Or, at least, it was the first time that he felt comfortable in it, and it'd been a very long time. He felt the change the moment Callan kissed him. The curse of Vutoir mainly prevented him from reaching out to his old self, but he was glad their mate bond was powerful enough to eradicate that problem.

He felt blessed. More so having to wake up wrapping his true love in his arms, a small spoon cocooned in his own warmth and embrace.

He started by kissing Callan right on his forehead. That woke his mate up instantly.

Callan smiled. "Morning."

"Morning, beautiful." He gave Callan more kisses. "How was the sleep?"

"Excellent," Callan murmured and yawned, untangling from Parker's embrace to stretch around like a cat.

They proceeded to clean themselves up together, taking turns showering and brushing teeth. And upon all that exchange, they couldn't take their eyes off each other, taking in the sight fresh from slumbers of the night before. Nothing mattered now that they had each other in their company instead of in confusing dreams.

Shortly after, Callan's mother knocked on their bedroom to invite them to a breakfast. Parker put on new clothes—Callan's old T-shirt and a knee-length pants. He and his mate differed in size vertically, so it was quite of a challenge to fit in them. But it was fine, because the clothes smelled like Callan, and he liked it.

He joined the whole family for breakfast. Being in the dining table, awkwardness aside, made him feel youthful. He felt like his pre-Turned age around here. To his side were his mate, joking around with his father and brother. They all seemed to enjoy having him around, and he couldn't help smiling throughout the whole exchange.

"Did he snore?" the other sibling—Richard—pushed on the question.

"Sorry?" Parker asked.

"Cal," Richard said, nibbling on a piece of toast. "He snored terribly, didn't he?"

"Rick, shut the eff up," Callan said.

"Need to stay in bed with him more to find out," Parker said, and the whole table responded in exciting mutters. This felt strange and familiar at the same time.

"Oh, Parker," the Alpha started. "If you need any blood, just let me know. I have sources—"

"Dad," Callan groaned. "I told you many times it's not something you should casually talk about. Oh God."

"Hey ... it's okay, love. Thank you, Mr. John—"

"Nuh-uh," the Alpha said, mocking his commanding voice. "Just Dan."

"Sorry. Thanks, Dan."

"That's more like it!"

Parker took a few bites of the scrambled egg sausage sandwich that Callan's mother prepared. He did think of hunting around for blood later, but it'd probably be a polite move to see what Dan had in stores for him. Callan was right; it was quite of a discomfort to talk about his literal bloodlust so casually. Especially with werewolves who traditionally detest his kind.

As he was trying to finish his meal, he saw robed silhouettes outside the window right across of him. He stopped and stared, and realized the uniform was familiar.

It was his clan.

"What's wrong?" Callan asked.

"I wonder as well ..." Parker muttered. "Excuse me."

Parker ran across the hall to the main door, and found himself face-to-face with Venia at the entrance.

"Good morning," Venia started, and her expression was sour. So were the other members of the team behind her.

"What are you doing here?" Parker said, trying not to hiss despite his raging nerves. "I don't recall summoning any of you."

"You don't, sadly," Venia said. "Especially when an intervention is seriously needed."

Parker glanced over Venia. Rodsworth and Kraven stood still, holding their mundane wands out. He felt like laughing—did these loser bodyguards think they stand a chance against him? Suddenly he felt like welcoming the monster instincts into him again, so he could end those two.

"Outside," Parker hissed.

He went into the woods to find a spot, somewhere he passed by with his mate yesterday. The next time he turned to them, he flipped his wand out. The three of them jumped back.

"Before I send you all flying, you better have a bloody good reason to be here."

Venia baffled. "What are we seeing, Parker? Is this your reflex of embarrassment?"

"Cut the bullshit!" Parker half-yelled. "I'm not going to be sorry damaging your face, Venia!"

"How dare you!" Venia yelled. "Aren't you ashamed of being with the group of dogs, sitting together like they are your family—"

He advanced to her and exposed his fangs. "They are. He is my soul mate, and I am eternally paired to him. So with all due respect, fuck off."

"Pardon me, my lord," Rodsworth started. "We believe you might be mistaken. It's the enemy's way—"

"There is no enemy!" Parker yelled, sent birds flying from the echoes of his rage. "That twat not only chanted my fucking head off to deviate from being paired, but he almost made me kill him! I could kill the love of my life, and that would end me in return! All of these are fucking obvious and yet you need me to spell them word by word in front of your noses!"

"Maybe you need to deviate!" Venia screamed.

Parker returned the glance to her. Her eyes were red, brimmed with tears. Then he understood—he remembered her lingering presence, standing by the door at night, hoping that he'd be fine. He remembered the words of the Clan, that the two of them could be powerful together.

He spat. "What the fuck did you just say?"

"Your unnatural pairing is worse than your end," she pressed on. "You should be ashamed! Our Clan shall not be embarrassed by such atrocities ... maybe if Vutoir couldn't spell the immoral instincts away, your end should come—"

"Ataka!" Parker screamed, and the tip of his wand was literally on fire. Rodsworth and Kraven grabbed a hold of Venia, and prepared their own out. Parker could see their lips quivering in fear, because they all know they were no match. This would end in bloodshed and immense death, and no regular members of the Clan would want to waste their life on such matters.

"Get her off my face, or I'll kill all of you!" Parker yelled. "If you dare come near me again, I swear I'll make the whole Clan burn! Get the fuck out!"

Parker pointed to the ground, and an explosion burst out of the wand. His rage pinned his feet down, but the impact sent the three of the Sebastian Clan members flying backwards. They sprawled on top of each other, knocked so hard that it was difficult for them to stand up again.

Parker pointed his wand again, but the two other men held their hands up.

"Get out!" Parker said one last time, and they obeyed,bringing the limping woman together with them.